Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

Wow so many manga end in this week.

Why oh why good manga always end fast & bad manga keep going forever?

Oh fuck off. Where's the babies?!

Read the rest in the LN.

Isn't it a web novel? :(

Read the rest in the LN.

well....it was nice while it lasted :<

What. But... what?! Why?!

Fucking Japan...

Axed.

Spoiler

Godammit!

Yup, I wonder what he did that the Leadership found him so annoying that he was "promoted". Maybe his"dutiful" demeanor as a soldier was seen as unpleasant with the new peace going on. Or he wouldn't let himself be bribed.

Im pretty sure he did such a good job but lost too much in the process so they sent him to the country to repay him for his efforts with a life of no more fighting.
Aw, cute! I will follow.

Yup, I wonder what he did that the Leadership found him so annoying that he was "promoted". Maybe his"dutiful" demeanor as a soldier was seen as unpleasant with the new peace going on. Or he wouldn't let himself be bribed.

So he went from battalion commander to regiment commander, isn't that a promotion instead of a demotion? They just send him to the middle of nowhere, like sending somebody to Greenland, but still, his rank should be higher.

That's a demotion in disguise. It's actually a common practice in military/government institution to transfer someone to an isolated area where nothing happened, on a pretense of "Promotion". It basically killed his career since he no longer has connection to central, thus has zero chance of receiving next promotion. He's basically stuck there until retirement, unless central called him back.

Is it april yet?

04.16....next chp...urghhhhh

So he went from battalion commander to regiment commander, isn't that a promotion instead of a demotion? They just send him to the middle of nowhere, like sending somebody to Greenland, but still, his rank should be higher.

Even if his rank is higher, his political pull in the capital and his ability to continue getting promotions is cut. The promotion is basically in name only so that he can't complain, and they have an easy way to exile him with less fuss.

I feel something bad is going to happen...
By God... please don't let it happen  and I hope my prediction is wrong...

If anyone has any kind of spoiler or something similiar please kindly PM me or comment and put spoiler tag on it.

and this manga origin is from a LN right ??

anyone know a similiar manga?

I really don't think I could handle it. My usual reactions: NTR? Meh. Extreme violence for example Berserk? Gimme more!

Tragedy here? Weeping for days under my bed.

and the kicker? i think ulises is named after Ulysses also known as Odysseus and Wikipedia wield this gutpuch:

"Odysseus is probably best known as the eponymous hero of the Odyssey. This epic describes his travails, which lasted for 10 years, as he tries to return home after the Trojan War and reassert his place as rightful king of Ithaca."

the last part about reasserting is because his wife is alone with his child and like 40 suitors who want her.

so yeah.....................

This manga is quite something. Also, if this earns the tragedy tag I'm gonna lose my shit

I really don't think I could handle it. My usual reactions: NTR? Meh. Extreme violence for example Berserk? Gimme more!

Tragedy here? Weeping for days under my bed.

I will pray for you mc.... And please don't make Lea cry...

I look at ulisies and the name Jean Valjean comes to mind, they both have that mindset of do what it takes to help others in need and both instill courage in the men around them. I agree with guy who already said it, ulisies is a true leader and a true man among men. 

This shit is bad for my health

giphy.gif

Holy shit, I'm rooting for Ulises so hard right now. Both to him making it back fast and in one piece, and his relationship with his wife. And pretty much everything else too.

This manga is quite something. Also, if this earns the tragedy tag I'm gonna lose my shit

Yess another manga for my soul X3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics