Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

Actually, you can find the translations here:

http://bit.ly/1eue1Qo

holy ****!!!! well i was going to sleep but now i am fully awake

WHAAAT?! That's freaking it?! You got to be bloody killing me.
He still had much more to learn and grow! What about his kids? I wanted to see his dam kids at least!
Most of all he never got back at those higher ups who sent him to such a lowly region! I'm a raging gorrila in his cage. Dammit I feel like crying. The Main Character personality was great.
Quiet, muscle headed but honest and thoughtful. How could I be satisfied with such a treasure ending?!
Is this Manga based on a Novel? I couldn't find anything so its most likely Manga. I want to seriously read the Author next work. If its a originally a Novel does it go farther then this?
Its like a good friend died or something lol.. Seriously this had so much material to work with. *Sighs*

Yes, it is based off a light novel. Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/左遷も悪くない-5-霧島-まるは/dp/4434213148

You couldn't find it by searching? C'mon, I found it on amazon in just 3 seconds. Use the Japanese words instead next time (not the romanji). Or if you tried searching through mangaupdates, I dunno why the hell they haven't linked the manga to the light novel.

I... I hate you so F****** much right now.

Nowhere, nobody is translating them.

WHAAAT?! That's freaking it?! You got to be bloody killing me.
He still had much more to learn and grow! What about his kids? I wanted to see his dam kids at least!

Most of all he never got back at those higher ups who sent him to such a lowly region! I'm a raging gorrila in his cage. Dammit I feel like crying. The Main Character personality was great.
Quiet, muscle headed but honest and thoughtful. How could I be satisfied with such a treasure ending?!

Is this Manga based on a Novel? I couldn't find anything so its most likely Manga. I want to seriously read the Author next work. If its a originally a Novel does it go farther then this?

Its like a good friend died or something lol.. Seriously this had so much material to work with. *Sighs*

Man, I'm saddened that it's already over, I felt like this really could've gone places. It would've been really sweet to see ulisies sort out his emotions and form a deeper bond with lea. Really I just hate that I waited a month between chapters for it to end so soon. Still it ended happily and he didn't die, I was really worried this was going to be a tragic ending. 

Ill miss this one but, in a way, I'm glad to see it close, here and on such a sweet note.

Had it gone on much longer, something bad would have to happen to drive the story. 

ah, the best one's are always the short ones. sad to say but once things get beyond 50 chapters most tend to go downhill due to people stretching things and creating ridiculous plots.

A lot of truth to that . . . but there's a fair bit of room between 7 and 50.  Would just another couple dozen chapters have been so bad?

Come onnnnn!!!!

Like a bolt from the blue... [The End].

They could work a bit more on the foreshadowing, but oh, well.  Nothing else to complain about.

Thanks for the read!

Is anyone translating the novel for this?

Spoiler

ah, the best one's are always the short ones. sad to say but once things get beyond 50 chapters most tend to go downhill due to people stretching things and creating ridiculous plots.

Well.... that was a nice read, but sadly way too short.

WAT

Waited more than 2 months for an update just to know that it's already the last one?!?!

Not gonna complain about the ending though, maybe it was planned to be a short series after all.
Over-all, a good read.

Thank you, /ak/ scanlations!

Do you happen to know if there's an english translation of the light novel ?

There isn't.

SHORT!!!!

Good end.....too good...I am a content.

Too short

Thanks for bringing us this /ak/ scans

That was pretty good. Blasted it out in about 20 minutes.

At least give some kiss or something. 

Nowhere, nobody is translating them.

Aaaaagh

It was over too soon. Thanks, /ak/ scans, for bringing us this one! :D

FACK YOU all , this is the end WTF !!! ( I love the ending but why end it so fast ) 

Goddammit. So much potential. Such a sudden end.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics