Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 209votes)

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

Alt Names: alt ハーレム漫画の主人公だが同性愛者〈ゲイ〉なので毎日がつらいalt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Douseiaisha nano de Mainichi ga Tsuraialt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Gay nano de Mainichi ga Tsurai
Author: Ryosuke Kataoka
Artist: Ryosuke Kataoka
Genres: Comedy ComedyHarem HaremSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touge Yuugiri is the main character of a harem manga, but he's gay, so everyday is hell for him.
Go to I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Opinions New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

170 Comments

A harem main character who's actions make sense?

Thank you for releasing this. 

Holy shit! I'd keep reading it, even if it turned a little Yaoi. 

Plus this is a golden opportunity to touch on the struggles of homosexuality in some messed up backwards ditch like Japan.

It's called a climax. He started with something he belived would gross her and then gradually raised the stake.

There is absolutely zero indication that he thought 'me collecting caterpillars' would be enough to gross her out. Literally none. All I see is someone pretending to be a creepy grave digging caterpillar fetishist.

Lol

I think this whole 'he's a misogynist' thing is complete bullshit, but really, I'm not going to get into an argument, I'll just point out this bit. He doesn't just say 'I like collecting bugs'. Did you miss the 'I also like it when I mess up with the shovel and smash them to juice' bit?

I mean, come on, regardless of gender, that would be seen as creepy as fuck.

It's called a climax. He started with something he belived would gross her and then gradually raised the stake.

As a side note he does generalize a lot in regard to women (such as beliving that all women would hate bugs, or when inverting the usual romcom trope he thinks that women can't read the atmosphere) and also use double standards. So I believe there are indeed some Mysogynistic undertones.

I think this whole 'he's a misogynist' thing is complete bullshit, but really, I'm not going to get into an argument, I'll just point out this bit. He doesn't just say 'I like collecting bugs'. Did you miss the 'I also like it when I mess up with the shovel and smash them to juice' bit?

I mean, come on, regardless of gender, that would be seen as creepy as fuck.

He seems to be a complete misogynist in addition to being gay.

For turning down girls? In that case, I guess every gay male as well as any man in any type of relationship that turns down women must be misogynists. And I suppose every woman that turns down any guy must also be misandrist.

PC has gone way too far for the definition of misogyny to be so twisted.

I think in the last page that girl will steal his glass and drink it all.

So this is like a Genre-savvy gay Rito? Cool story bro...

When was he ever a misogynist?
Sure, he turns down the girls very harshly (because they just aren't getting the message), but he's never made any misogynistic statements. Not being attracted to girls and thinking women aren't equal to other genders are different things.

--Sincerely, a Tumblrian.

Well, this could just be a matter of definition. The original meaning of Misogyny was just "hate or distrust toward women (and possible homosexual tendencies)"; modern sociology/feminism gave the word other meanings, but not everyone relate with them.

As a side note he does generalize a lot in regard to women (such as beliving that all women would hate bugs, or when inverting the usual romcom trope he thinks that women can't read the atmosphere) and also use double standards. So I believe there are indeed some Mysogynistic undertones.

Is this Evangelion

Catchy title.

Christ, I hope this gets serialized. This is the most refreshing spin on the harem genre that I've seen for a while.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkktttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

No. = .= Just no. I wish, and Fate/Negi was totally endgame (jk), but no.

He seems to be a complete misogynist in addition to being gay.

When was he ever a misogynist?
Sure, he turns down the girls very harshly (because they just aren't getting the message), but he's never made any misogynistic statements. Not being attracted to girls and thinking women aren't equal to other genders are different things.

--Sincerely, a Tumblrian.

So, a harem manga where the protagonist is gay.

How is that different from any other harem manga?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkktttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

This. Is amazing. And published in SQ Crown, on the day DGM gets reserialized, too... /has a heart attack

So, a harem manga where the protagonist is gay.

How is that different from any other harem manga?

Heck with this manga.. lololol

The title and the MC attitude is gross.. disgusting.. but somehow overall story is funny.. lmao

Dunno if I should follow or not.. 

The title, just being presented like that, already looks like one of those way too long kornheiser edits.

This is amazing. Cannot wait for the "moving" finale.

Ice in his veins.

Holy crap this title. xD

The only thing lacking from this gold is that it isn't serialized yet mmm...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics