Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 209votes)

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

Alt Names: alt ハーレム漫画の主人公だが同性愛者〈ゲイ〉なので毎日がつらいalt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Douseiaisha nano de Mainichi ga Tsuraialt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Gay nano de Mainichi ga Tsurai
Author: Ryosuke Kataoka
Artist: Ryosuke Kataoka
Genres: Comedy ComedyHarem HaremSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touge Yuugiri is the main character of a harem manga, but he's gay, so everyday is hell for him.
Go to I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Opinions New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

170 Comments

This one should've gotten the typical "gay" artwork of male protagonists of the "uver-styled" shoujo manga.

At this point, I'd like to state my dismay with this manga since it propagates this character as somewhat normal. Either he's somewhat retarded or he's crazy, since it should be beknownst to him that being "gay" is an unacceptable act against society. It's creepy how he ignores that fact and acts like a "normal" shounen-character would [oh god, does that mean all main characters in harem-themed manga are gay and it didn't occur to me because their thoughts were hidden from us most of the time?Oo].

Adding that rotten personality of his to his character, there's nothing to like, and it's not even funny to read[ more like propaganda as in "Prunus Girl, but with an even worse subtle act to "normalize" the abnormal for the sake of the lobby]...

This is genius. The is the best thing ever since this manga http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/sex-manga-r11673

I don't think this mangaka understands what being gay means. It's not like they actively hate the opposite sex. I don't think I've ever seen a gay guy who wanted to avoid women.

i don't think he hates women, i think he just hates the fact that people who are not of his sexuality are hitting on him

the manga itself is really hilarious though, props to the mangaka for the neat spin on harems :)

Best way to get girls off your back when you're gay: come out of the closet! (advice from a straight guy)

Seriously, he doesn't seem to be bothered by any of the stygma most idiots attach to homosexuals, so he should just come out with it. Besides, I think that guy (the one the MC likes) was also gay, since he didn't give a crap about the 'hottest girl in the school.'

Also, I like the non-blood related little sister. Well, I've always prefered girls who were younger than me. While I admit I like younger girls, if they are below eighteen, fifteen is the lowest I'd go, nothing would happen until they were of age. (BTW, I'm twenty eight)

using the definition "hatred of women" (which, to be fair, is the definition given in the mirriam-webster dictionary), you're correct, anyone who is just an asshole to any woman ever is a misogynist, even somebody who hates women because they're a victim of abuse at the hands of women would be a misogynist under that definition; however the definition used by the overwhelming majority of people is "bigoted against women" (or said another way, "ingrained prejudice against women", per google's definition), and bigotry is an irrational prejudice. since i declared from the start which definition i was using in my statement, your counter-argument is mere equivocation.

All this fuss over semantics is meaningless.  Let me take the easy way out and rephrase my initial comment so everyone is happy:

He seems to be a complete misogynist in addition to being gay.

will now be phrased as 

He seems to be a complete woman-hater in addition to being gay.

There is everyone happy?  He is not a misogynist he is just a woman hater that hates women for "rational" reasons.

He seems to be a complete misogynist in addition to being gay.

Yeah, no.  

Kinda funny but the guy was too much of an asshole to that last girl for me to fully enjoy the comedy in that situation, the rest was pretty decent; the part of the tsundere was particularly good, my favourite one of this short oneshot.

Rationality doesn't have a role in determining if someone is a misogynist or not and misogyny is not defined as an "irrational" hatred of women.

using the definition "hatred of women" (which, to be fair, is the definition given in the mirriam-webster dictionary), you're correct, anyone who is just an asshole to any woman ever is a misogynist, even somebody who hates women because they're a victim of abuse at the hands of women would be a misogynist under that definition; however the definition used by the overwhelming majority of people is "bigoted against women" (or said another way, "ingrained prejudice against women", per google's definition), and bigotry is an irrational prejudice. since i declared from the start which definition i was using in my statement, your counter-argument is mere equivocation.

OMG *flip table* WHAT ???!?!!!!?!

misogyny, that is, bigotry against women, is an irrational hatred of women. if he has valid (ie, logically sound) reasons for hating them, which you agree he does, then he's not a misogynist.

Rationality doesn't have a role in determining if someone is a misogynist or not and misogyny is not defined as an "irrational" hatred of women.

Well, this could just be a matter of definition. The original meaning of Misogyny was just "hate or distrust toward women (and possible homosexual tendencies)"; modern sociology/feminism gave the word other meanings, but not everyone relate with them.

As a side note he does generalize a lot in regard to women (such as beliving that all women would hate bugs, or when inverting the usual romcom trope he thinks that women can't read the atmosphere) and also use double standards. So I believe there are indeed some Mysogynistic undertones.

a. He doesn't just think she dislikes bugs, he mentions he enjoys feeling them up and squishing them while defiling graves. That's creepy regardless of gender.

b. It's not an "inversion of romcom tropes" its part of the "harem manga" setting, where girls will go to absurd lengths to act on their flimsy justifications for attraction to the main character, regardless of what he's actually like or what the situation actually is.

If you read a typical harem manga the girls' perspective,  they're ridiculously persistent over the MC like he's the only guy in the planet, because he's, like, so super duper nice. That's it. He has no other strong points besides what should be the bare minimum standards for a romantic partner.

However, in this case, instead of him being mind numbingly boring or obnoxious, he's completely uninterested in the opposite sex. And he also happens to not be oblivious, so he ACTIVELY sabotages their attraction, so as to emphasize the absurdity of the scenario when they continue to pursue him.

he's somewhat misogynistic. he hates girls after all. but who wouldn't in that kind of situation.

misogyny, that is, bigotry against women, is an irrational hatred of women. if he has valid (ie, logically sound) reasons for hating them, which you agree he does, then he's not a misogynist.

Well, this could just be a matter of definition. The original meaning of Misogyny was just "hate or distrust toward women (and possible homosexual tendencies)"; modern sociology/feminism gave the word other meanings, but not everyone relate with them.

As a side note he does generalize a lot in regard to women (such as beliving that all women would hate bugs, or when inverting the usual romcom trope he thinks that women can't read the atmosphere) and also use double standards. So I believe there are indeed some Mysogynistic undertones.

he's somewhat misogynistic. he hates girls after all. but who wouldn't in that kind of situation. girls end up hating guys too if they're being chased too ardently by lots of guys they aren't even interested in.

i don't see what's so sexist about thinking another person will be creeped out by the bugs. he is creeped out himself too after all.

There is absolutely zero indication that he thought 'me collecting caterpillars' would be enough to gross her out. Literally none. All I see is someone pretending to be a creepy grave digging caterpillar fetishist.

Uh there is, read it again. There's only like 10 pages to go through.

When was he ever a misogynist?
Sure, he turns down the girls very harshly (because they just aren't getting the message), but he's never made any misogynistic statements. Not being attracted to girls and thinking women aren't equal to other genders are different things.

--Sincerely, a Tumblrian.

You're mistaking the definitions of sexism and misogyny.  A guy can still be gay while having female friends, treating them civilly, and not internally considering all women to be an annoyance or obstacle.

Please please pleeeeease get serialized.

AWESOME. Brilliant. I love the title, and I hope this gets serialized.

wahahahahaa. this manga MC is riot. 

he's like a brave hero or something

no kidding

Yes!! Finally found a harem manga where the protagonist hates girls! Yeeeeeeeee boiiii!! XD

my feeling same as yours, cheers pal

Yes!! Finally found a harem manga where the protagonist hates girls! Yeeeeeeeee boiiii!! XD

You haven't read enough harem manga I see.

Pretty sure they mean how most Harem protags seems completely deprived of sex drive, to the point you can genuinely wonder if they are asexual.

So, a harem manga where the protagonist is gay.

How is that different from any other harem manga?

You haven't read enough harem manga I see.

wahahahahaa. this manga MC is riot. 

AHAHAHA I LOVE THIS

Man, you guys got on this quick. Nice work.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics