Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.77 - 30votes)

Ashita Mata, Kono Sekai De

Alt Names: alt 明日また、この世界で
Author: Hama
Artist: Hama
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasySlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: You awake on your back in a forest covered with ash, confused, uncertain. How did you get there? Why does your head hurt so much? Why is a book containing but blank pages strapped to your back? Why are you… a rabbit?

Yes, you’re a rabbit. And you are being chased by a massive wolf. What will you do now?

Published online at rabbit and lion’s (http://rabbitandlions.web.fc2.com/index.html).
Go to Ashita Mata, Kono Sekai De Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

58 Comments

It sounds like you have an issue with amnesia the way I have an issue with time travel.  (In my opinion, any story with time travel inevitably becomes a story about time travel rather than a story about the characters.)

I also prefer time travel as a device instead of the focus. I'd mention Harry Potter's timeturners, but they're bullshit. Simon R. Green's Nightside series has some great use of time travel though. Concerning amnesia however,

Spoiler

Actually, this is precisely what my issue was.

Conveniently amnesiac protagonists exist only so the author can feed the readers exposition-riddled dialogue. Amnesia gives side characters an excuse to explain the most basic world-building to the protagonist. Personally, I can't see this as anything but lazy craftsmanship -- tiring to read. It's far more impressive when an author manages to wrap me in a world without resorting to overdone storytelling clichés.

It sounds like you have an issue with amnesia the way I have an issue with time travel.  (In my opinion, any story with time travel inevitably becomes a story about time travel rather than a story about the characters.)

I think...

Spoiler

So keep reading and lemme know what ya think!!!!! :lol:

However, using amnesiac characters to introduce a strange new world will never get old.

Actually, this is precisely what my issue was.

Conveniently amnesiac protagonists exist only so the author can feed the readers exposition-riddled dialogue. Amnesia gives side characters an excuse to explain the most basic world-building to the protagonist. Personally, I can't see this as anything but lazy craftsmanship -- tiring to read. It's far more impressive when an author manages to wrap me in a world without resorting to overdone storytelling clichés.

this manga remind me about manga Spirit Migration. but in here,human can talk to the MC. following.

Chapters are too short!!!

LOL!  Indeed!

Hama posts a new "chapter," usually meaning four or five pages, every week.  We'll be posting a new chapter every Monday and Friday until we've caught up.  =)

If you're a real fan of his work, stop by his website and send him a comment.  OR vote for his comic on the Japanese web comic rankings.  (You can use this link:  http://www.webcomicranking.com/vote.php?id=09053)

Chapters are too short!!!

Rather, amnesiac plots are a bit played out. However, using amnesiac characters to introduce a strange new world will never get old. It provides the bare minimum to move things forward as a story (an empathizable protagonist with a basic motivation or two), without providing any other information about what to expect thereafter.

And then, potentially, having done that, focus can immediately be shifted onto surrounding events or other aspects of the setting.

Basically, it works because it's not amnesia that receives attention, but rather the unknown world which the reader and the amnesiac are both trying to piece together. It's a setup that can lead into basically anything.

Amnesiac protagonists are a bit played out, but I'm giving this a cautious follow.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics