Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 1257votes)

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko!

Alt Names: alt ¡Tomo-chan es una chica!alt トモちゃんは女の子!alt 토모짱은 여자아이!alt Si Tomo-chan ay babae!alt Tomo-chan är en tjej!alt Tomo-chan è una ragazza!alt Tomo-chan é uma Garota!alt Tomo-chan da kız!alt Tomo-chan er en jente!alt Tomo-chan est une fille !alt Tomo-chan is a girl!alt Tomo-chan is een meisje!alt Tomo-chan ist ein Mädchen!alt Tomo-chan itu Perempuan!alt Томо-тян — девочка!alt טומו היא בחורה!
Author: Yanagida Fumita
Artist: Yanagida Fumita
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tomo Aizawa was raised in a Karate Dojo and lived her life as a tomboy until high school. As a result, her childhood friend/love interest Junichirou Kubota (aka Jun) doesn't treat her as a girl at all.

Now... How to get him to see her as a girl?

Raw 4-koma:
http://sai-zen-sen.jp/comics/twi4/tomochan/

====Staff Notice====
Please refrain from uploading Series Cover that
can Spoil the Story. Thanks in Advance.
=====End Notice=======
Go to Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Their love not need be this complicated. New Window truepurple
  • 37 Replies
Topic JP Manga Raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window kabs
  • 287 Replies
Topic CDN LAX New Window WGDarker
  • 5 Replies
Topic [Warning Notice] Comment Section New Window OchaMeido❣
  • 0 Replies
Topic How long before the comments are back? New Window Vexstorm
  • 13 Replies

15803 Comments

I think Misuzu hates Jun because he keeps upsetting Tomo and because she has to do cleanup for all those fights. I know that'd piss me off!

Methinks people are mistaking Jun's "Treats like a guy" with "Thinks is a guy"

He used to "think" she was a guy. That was solved in highschool.

However, he's so used to treating her as a guy he can't operate with any other frame of mind atm.

(And is nowhere near romantic interest)

Hence the problem.

The last couple of chapters pages on 11-20 proves this.

He doesn't tell the other guy: "But isn't Tomo a guy" He answers the question hilariously.

However, if I had to give it serious consideration, I'd peg the guy as asexual. To deem an absence of sexual attraction a 'dysfunction' is a little offensive. Yes, he is painfully oblivious to the possibility of romance, but to spontaneously see a decade-long friend as a romantic option is pretty strange as well.

he's probably more demisexual, and hasn't yet realized the connection between never wanting to be apart from her, and possible romantic attraction. i'm dense enough when it comes to romantic love that i've sometimes only realized i'd fallen for a good friend when they were suddenly snatched by someone else. that doesn't mean i'm asexual, i just often forget to consider friends as sexual objects.

you're right though. calling him dysfunctional is somewhat insulting to people of different sexual wiring, or lack thereof.

Spoiler

Translation:

49704149.jpg

Misuzu feeling protective of her idiotic little "couple" on the last page I see.

Spoiler

That look of suppressed disgust and irritation is so godlike. That half-squint in her left eye...mmmm.

Guys, guys.

It's only been 30 pages.

The manga has, metaphorically, just left it's mother's womb and been wrapped in a baby blanket.

Give it two months to see whether or not it will become a doctor.

2 months? I thought all doctors-to-be performed C-sections to get out of their mother's wombs. You must live in a pretty slow world.

I feel sorry for the girl. xD So deep in the friendzone.

Oh, if at least she was in friendzone. Right now she is in Bro-zone, and I doubt she will manage to get out of it.

Except Ichika can tell genders apart, and if you bring up the girl who posed as a guy, she did a damn good job of hiding it. Add to it that pretty much every girl around Ichika, aside from his sister (to a degree) and the assistant instructor, won't directly tell him about their feelings and goes into rages around him means that he's not entirely at fault. He's also bad at reading people's expressions, but with his sister acting so stoic all the time, that's a given.

Jun was cupping a decent sized boob and the idiot couldn't even tell! You'd have to be stupid, blind and have an inability to feel anything to not know that Tomo is a girl, and I'm pretty sure this guy is deep into the stupid zone. Jun's also a bit of an immature jerk, snapping at Tomo for reasons he's too stupid to realize or properly listen to. Yeah, I know that Tomo's a bit of a tsundere, but that's only because the person she goes dere for flunked all his sex-ed classes because he can't tell the difference between a man and woman.

As it stands, the only way she'll get her true gender through his diamond hard skull is if she invades his bedroom and strips naked in front of him, and Tomo's friend thinks the same thing. Heck, he'll probably wind up figuring out by walking in on her when she's changing/showering some time later.

He start notice Tomo assets soon, so just wait a little.

dude,

do you forget about Orimura Ichika?

the hardest, thickest, and bla bla bla guy ever?
XD

Except Ichika can tell genders apart, and if you bring up the girl who posed as a guy, she did a damn good job of hiding it. Add to it that pretty much every girl around Ichika, aside from his sister (to a degree) and the assistant instructor, won't directly tell him about their feelings and goes into rages around him means that he's not entirely at fault. He's also bad at reading people's expressions, but with his sister acting so stoic all the time, that's a given.

Jun was cupping a decent sized boob and the idiot couldn't even tell! You'd have to be stupid, blind and have an inability to feel anything to not know that Tomo is a girl, and I'm pretty sure this guy is deep into the stupid zone. Jun's also a bit of an immature jerk, snapping at Tomo for reasons he's too stupid to realize or properly listen to. Yeah, I know that Tomo's a bit of a tsundere, but that's only because the person she goes dere for flunked all his sex-ed classes because he can't tell the difference between a man and woman.

As it stands, the only way she'll get her true gender through his diamond hard skull is if she invades his bedroom and strips naked in front of him, and Tomo's friend thinks the same thing. Heck, he'll probably wind up figuring out by walking in on her when she's changing/showering some time later.

That's not what I'm referring to when I call him dysfunctional though. I'm actually pretty sure the guy is standard hetero, as he has a clear image of what he's attracted to in his mind. What's dysfunctional is that he genuinely forgets the gender of a woman he's known for years while he's looking right at her.

Fair enough, though he might just be disregarding gender indiscriminately, and treating Tomo as he has throughout his life. As for his 'type', that can be ambiguous. Aesthetic or romantic preference doesn't need to imply sexual attraction. My asexual two cents.

That aside, I think we all realize he's just built for humor.

Yeah :P though reading way too deeply into superficial comedy is fun sometimes.

She should tie that hair into a ponytail. I'd think that would look nice.

Really, how stupid can this guy be? He's is, by far, the DUMBEST character I have encountered in a romantic comedy. I mean, really, how could he not feel her BOOBS in his HAND?! I believe that he's secretly gay, even to himself.

dude,

do you forget about Orimura Ichika?

the hardest, thickest, and bla bla bla guy ever?
XD

His character is obviously designed to enable comedy. That's all there is to it.

However, if I had to give it serious consideration, I'd peg the guy as asexual. To deem an absence of sexual attraction a 'dysfunction' is a little offensive. Yes, he is painfully oblivious to the possibility of romance, but to spontaneously see a decade-long friend as a romantic option is pretty strange as well.

That's not what I'm referring to when I call him dysfunctional though. I'm actually pretty sure the guy is standard hetero, as he has a clear image of what he's attracted to in his mind. What's dysfunctional is that he genuinely forgets the gender of a woman he's known for years while he's looking right at her.

That aside, I think we all realize he's just built for humor.

I don't think the guy in Aho Girl is dense. At least he's aware of the feeling of one of the girls

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were joking by pointing out A-kun from Aho Girl. If not, just go with that anyways. :)

Guys, guys.

It's only been 30 pages.

The manga has, metaphorically, just left it's mother's womb and been wrapped in a baby blanket.

Give it two months to see whether or not it will become a doctor.

This series summed up in one panel:

Spoiler

Nice series though. Followed.

I don't think the guy in Aho Girl is dense. At least he's aware of the feeling of one of the girls

The guy in Aho Girl is actually sharp and intelligent. He's well aware of his "friend's" feelings. Hell, he only considers her a friend out of sympathy for the humankind. He also knows her mother tries to get them together and isn't afraid of breaking the law to do it.

Instead of calling them "chapters" just say "1-10" "11-20" instead...

Ganbatte Tomoooo!

Jun will surely notice you one day!

...maybe... 

If yaoi route ain't successful, try yuri one with Misuzu

Seems like you have better chance there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks M@STERSCANZ! This is really interesting!

who forgot the yaoi tag?

This boy needs a gay relation with Tomo-chan.

Really, how stupid can this guy be? He's is, by far, the DUMBEST character I have encountered in a romantic comedy. I mean, really, how could he not feel her BOOBS in his HAND?! I believe that he's secretly gay, even to himself.

It's so bad I'm starting to think he is repressing the very concept of her femininity for some reason. Seriously there's a point when it stops being stupidity and starts being signs of dysfunction. He crossed that point a while back it seems.

His character is obviously designed to enable comedy. That's all there is to it.

I challenge you to say that again after reading Aho Girl (http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/aho-girl-r7957). This guy is amazingly dense (and an idiot), but he's not the bottom of the barrel.

The only H-doujin in recent memory that made me completely forget to move my non-cursor hand was That Girl is an Urban Legend. You people must have some amazing restraint if you "forget" to reach down there while reading Shiwasu no Okina or Toruneko works.

But then again, one of you's also calling Semete, Ano Yuki no You ni an H-doujin, so I suppose I should take everything with a grain of salt. Listing one or two truly powerful works is often much more convincing than an entire list that's half filled with doujins that most people would happily and easily fap to.

On a less snarky note, based Yanagida Fumita with his adorable tomboys.

Big-breasted tomboys are always a straight trip to Boner City.

Amen, and the spandex shorts. THE. SPANDEX. SHORTS.

And MC is only dense to her reactions; it is possible, rarely, to have zero attraction toward a girl that acts like a bro.

I challenge you to say that again after reading Aho Girl (http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/aho-girl-r7957). This guy is amazingly dense (and an idiot), but he's not the bottom of the barrel.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics