Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 488votes)

Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Alt Names: alt Cara Mengawali Karir Sebagai Raja Iblis - Komikalt 魔王の始め方 THE COMICalt How to Book on the Devil - The Comicalt How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon Kingalt How to Get Started as the Demon King - The Comicalt 成为魔王的方法
Author: Warau Yakan
Artist: Komiya Toshimasa
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I do not trust humans. They’ll betray you without fail.” Aur, the man who had obtained the ability and right to become the Maou at the end of his life of research. Summoning the succubus Lilu, he then sets out on creating his own domain, a gigantic labyrinthine dungeon… The misanthropic Maou taking on the world, the curtain rises on a dark harem fantasy!

Webcomic:
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/modules/web_valkyrie/maouno/

adapted from web novel series of the same name

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Chapters removed due to content
that violates our Guidelines on
Inappropriate Content.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD!
========Staff Notice End==========
Go to Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window babbo5d
  • 4 Replies

771 Comments

Dungeon Keeper: The Manga

bimonthly, or at least monthly. Comic Valkyrie yo.

Damn, ah well, I guess there're plus sides to that

Hey, waittaminit.... Reason number two for choosing Lilu is that she's low maintenance, but that's only because she can suck out mana for herself. Yet if he's her only sex partner he'd be feeding her HIS mana all the time anyway...

Does this mean he intends to have her sleep around?

Another scumbag protagonist.  3rd or 4th in the last few days.  I'll pass on this.

well, at least no Stan Lee being a truck driver doing roadkill in this manga

Yeah, there are already too many truck-killers this days. Too many.

Also, this manga reminds me this:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=82995

tbh this seems kinda boring, but everybody's gonna bust a nut over an evil MC so whatever

Welcome to Batoto!

Shieeet that was a good read.

tbh this seems kinda boring, but everybody's gonna bust a nut over an evil MC so whatever

I think it's pretty clear that the mangaka has only included all the sex fanservice just for the fact that the editors believe that the series would otherwise be too boring to keep the readers' attention. I on the otherhand disagree, I completely adore series where the protagonist gets to play as the villain and I sincerely hope that the plot doesn't twist things around later on for Arus to somehow become a 'good' guy. Furthermore dungeon creation! Actual insanely fucking strong magic! Hopefully the dungeon will be completed rather quickly and we can get a bunch of short stories involving adventurers failing to traverse the dungeon.

" unique "

unique in the sence that the main character is actually bad, an antagonist, If there are more like this and I've miss them I would be seriously gratefull with you if you can give me their names so I can read them.

A lot of Smut genre are popping up... crazy-monkey-emoticon-001.gif?1292792377

Its slowly reaching to the rank of 'Hentai'

Honestly, I don't think the art fits with the "Dark fantasy" theme they're going for here. Storyline isn't all that bad, characters are rather meh. Either way, it's a decent start. Not really looking forward to the harem though, as it generally destroys any plot progression.

Except if it's done in the same vein as re:monster.
Honestly, I don't think the art fits with the "Dark fantasy" theme they're going for here. Storyline isn't all that bad, characters are rather meh. Either way, it's a decent start. Not really looking forward to the harem though, as it generally destroys any plot progression.

Ever red One-punch man?

think you quoted the wrong person =P

Don't know where you see a nun there..

Spoiler

I swear the victim's outfit on page 4 looked a lot like a nun outfit to me. Her pose in the shots before also strongly reminded me of a praying posture, well, I guess this speaks about how differently people tend to see the same image!

Short version : I was wrong. Sorry.

This one is unique right now, pls be weekly.

" unique "

This one is unique right now, pls be weekly.

Spoiler

Don't know where you see a nun there..

Spoiler

-Inappropriate humour, is hard to take any of this serious when the atmosphere isn´t. I´m not saying don´t ever use humour, I´m saying there´s a time and place for everything. And clearly the village raid was suppose to be intense, but that intensity was diffused quite early and never got back up again.

-Self Insert

Spoiler

I really like the plot. I'm interested in who betrayed him, probably those who were in power in that time, like King or similar who wanted to see him gone.

It's quite rare for one title to get one main character who is really villain instead of hero.

Totally worth to follow this title!

Chapter 2 within the week probably, then month+ waits for raws, enjoy.

Thanks, happy merchant. You're my greatest ally.

A lot of Smut genre are popping up... crazy-monkey-emoticon-001.gif?1292792377

nop

Ever red One-punch man?

Welp... I mean, I know there's a smut tag but I didn't think they'd be so blatant about it xD

The whole thing reeks of wish fulfilment but it's a pretty nice read when you're tired of lame, pacifist, cookiecutter MCs

"dark harem fantasy"

I got ensnared at those words and the cover. What I found instead was an below average read, quite the disappointment I must say. Let me elaborate:

- Priority issues, Aur´s past is not fleshed out enough, his motive for revenge didn´t really grab the reader, the journey for his powers are skipped. Instead of giving those things a little more time, the author decides to give us a couple of pages of him having sex (and if you count other hentai works/manga, the sex was below average arousing). 

-Info dump, world building and lore are important, but the author should learn to implement it in a way that´s not like a simple information dump. Spread it out, make it natural, in chapter one we have several pages with pure unnatural info dump, it didn´t serve any purpose other than to inform the reader, since Aur knows, and so does the succubus.

-Inappropriate humour, is hard to take any of this serious when the atmosphere isn´t. I´m not saying don´t ever use humour, I´m saying there´s a time and place for everything. And clearly the village raid was suppose to be intense, but that intensity was diffused quite early and never got back up again.

-Artstyle, talk about being fooled by the cover. Which I was okay with till page 17 and onwards.........

-Pacing issues, the author wanted too many things done in too few pages. It was simply not possible to do a satisfying chapter while trying to cram in:

*Aur´s past, Aur´s revenge and Aur´s goal.

*The succubus

*The sex

*The dungeon core

*The gargoyle

*The village raid

And some last thoughts, I simply don´t care if Aur succeed or not. He´s way too bland, not fleshed out enough. I know I know, is only the first chapter right? But the first chapter is the one to pull you in. But my theory is just that the author made Aur bland enough for a possible self-insert fantasy for the readers. For simple power-fantasies seems to be the popular thing for today´s youth. *smh

"But, but Fakeee, we finally have a badass character." Again, self-insert power fantasies, there´s plenty of them nowadays if you look around. Which kind of worries me, for to me, these are on the same level as pussy-beta-harem MCs(writing wise).

Oh, and the writing is so dry, so dry. The conversations/banters are so boring.

Now, reminder, all just IMO. I´m just reader jotting down his thoughts on this manga, that´s all. So if you did enjoy it, good for you.

Of course, thank you Rapeman scans for the translation and scans.

And so the most badass maincharacter the world of manga has ever seen was born...

nop

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics