Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 173votes)

Homunculus

Alt Names: alt 异变者alt ホムンクルス
Author: Yamamoto Hideo
Artist: Yamamoto Hideo
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Trepanation is the procedure of drilling a hole in the skull. It is said to increase the blood circulation and improve pressure inside the skull. It is also said to bring out a person's sixth sense, the ability to use ESP, see ghosts, move objects with one's mind. This is speculative fiction based on the concept of trepanation.

Note: For the vols done by Hawks and Mangascreener, only vols 1 to 6 are hq. Except for maybe 1 to 2 dl sites and Mangascreener's irc channel, you can't find these versions anywhere else. Enjoy! :) There also exists a super HQ version of vols 1 to 6 but I couldn't find that version anywhere.

And just like Ultra Heaven, this is yet another manga with no chapter breaks. So I'm gonna assume that each volume = 1 chapter and leave it at that.
Go to Homunculus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

54 Comments

This was absolutely worth reading, very interesting and off the mainstream formula. It's a bit similar to oyazumi punpun, but it's more slow paced, feels almost like a psychological soap opera with 5 characters, and that's actually meant in a good way. Don't let the horror tag scare you though, it's very misleading.

Oh, it's Manga-ka-san. Sssorry.

What a bizzarre masterpiece!

(Instant reread, now in the light of all the information.)

Humm humm ... Mirror mirror... on the wall ...

Seriously. It was a trip, a freaky ride and I'm not the one to disregard it's genious.

Thank you Manhwa-ka-san and thank you transla-scanlators!

I recommend this, er... edificatory story... to anyone who can stomach it. No need to force yourself though. Not a pretty tale. But a pretty good one.

Wha...?

It was crystal clear in some parts, and I just couldn't get the other parts. For one, the high-school girl arc. It seems like I understood somethings, and then the others completely flew over my head. Likewise, the ending. I feel like I'm there, but I still quite don't get it. It's frustrating, dammit, especially when I got about everything else.

Other than that, this sure was a page-turner (why else would I finish this in two days when I have exams tomorrow D: ). The insight, the descriptions and the illustrations were great. However, I started reading this expecting one thing and ended up with something completely different... Not 100% satisfied. Still, good read.

edit: years and much thought about this later, I conclude that I hate pretty much every character except Ito. as someone said above, feels like a too "try-hard" philosophical venture. final score = nah

Finally finished this manga, it's interesting but scary at the time... I doubt I'll re-read this again.

Spoiler
The manga is great, it's just awesome. But the last volume just blew my mind away.
Crazy manga. Not one I'd read over again, but I'm happy I read it nonetheless. Just, wow ! But the ending sure is a mess to me : I can't seem to understand it.
Spoiler
Finished it now. And man, this was fascinating.

Shows, just what can happen if you fiddle with your head for the sake of soul-searching.
Ahahaha you can totally tell what he's thinking of, but she's like "Nope."
Spoiler
glad they finally got the missing section in.. seemed odd so much was skipped
True meaning of open your mind.

Feeling like doing a hole in my head.
Finished it in a day but wow what a good read
    • Exa likes this
I'm... I'm glad it's over. This is not the kind of stuff I usually read. A little too grotesque for me at times (I cannot handle any horror whatsoever, except when it's for fun or exceedingly silly), but the psychological element cushioned it enough for me to keep on reading. I had no idea where this was going to go, and I'm not sure how I feel about where it ends up. All in all, I think it ends at a logical place.

Spoiler

It's unlikely I'll be re-reading this again, though I'm glad I did read it once.
what wait....
no o.0!
why did it end?
*sad face*
Oh, wait, each of these are volumes and not chapters. Never mind then. (wish we could edit posts)
15 volumes you say...? Then I guess this isn't nearly anywhere near completion, scans wise.
highly recommended, 15 volumes went by in two days like a flash.
I'm not sure if crazy will suffice as a description of the overall experience.
makes sense... Thanks!!!
@Karollyna Blood Moon here is my theory
Spoiler
I get it wrong or...
Spoiler

if I'm wrong, can someone explain to me?
there is no gap!! it's just that the chapter 14 go to chapter 15 - part 2!! it jumps the chapter 15 - part 1!!
#is there meant to be the gap between the end of 14 and the beginning of 15? The rest of the story flows but it almost seems like there is a chunk missing there. Also chapter 15... wtf lol?
most intense manga i've read
Damn dat was a good manga

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics