Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 193votes)

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet

Alt Names: alt 츠바키 쵸 론리 플래닛alt This Lonely Planetalt كوكب حي تسوباكي الوحيدalt 椿町ロンリープラネットalt 椿町里的寂寞星球
Author: Yamamori Mika
Artist: Yamamori Mika
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ohno Fumi is a poor 2nd year high school student. Because of her father's debts, she's kicked out of her own home and has to rely on her own connections to survive. Thus begins her life living with and housekeeping for a writer...
Go to Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic sonic speed New Window morooster
  • 0 Replies

190 Comments

But you don't understand!1!1 See, these aren't NORMAL high school girls!1! They're unique, beautiful butterflies, which means it's totally super a-okay that the adult dudes are into them!!1!1 I stuck with HnR to the end because I was a hardcore Mamura fan and genuinely wanted to see the heroine grow as a person and find a mutually respectful, compassionate love with him. This time around, however, I feel ZERO empathy for the young male ... protagonist? Can I even call him that? I have negative empathy for him actually. He can suck a duck. Quack.

Yeah, but 'creepy older guys who are into high-school girls' seems to be a character type the mangaka likes, so it'll likely only get worse.

I was into this for the cleanliness and art style but now i'm out for the story, no disrespect to people who enjoy this.

And I didn't like the writer's possessiveness, I've felt it was creepy.

Yeah, but 'creepy older guys who are into high-school girls' seems to be a character type the mangaka likes, so it'll likely only get worse.

well i'm dropping this, the whole situation that's starting is just an awful plot device completely devoid of realism, like jesus christ tell your friends outside of earshot from him, she could even tell a teacher that he's stolen something off of her and is blackmailing and bullying her. Or you know, she could shout in his face about how childish and petty he's being for loosing one little race years ago and ask him if he really has such a bleak existence that he's willing to obsess over such a thing and harass someone he hardly knows about it. THAT would make me happy. Unfortunately it's the kind of response that practically never happens in manga, especially shoujo

not liking how things are going...
Spoiler

There's a limit to what you are willing to do for something precious. After a while, you start getting annoyed and take action, not become a gofer for another person for an indefinite amount of time. I mean I get 1 or 2 times but this is just silly. All for a coupon collection. It's not like she can't tell her friends or shout it out at class for him to return her collection. Not to mention that the guy is retarded plus has no consideration for the fact that she is a girl and should not be out too late. He even said who said you could go home? I was expecting a great story because it's from yamamori sensei but only 5 chapters in and it has already started annoying me.

People rarely think rationally when something precious to them is on the line. Just think of Gollum he jumped in the lava just to get the ring back. Just saying.

I thought this was shoujo. Last two chapters make it seem like it's degenerated into some kodomo genre.

Yeah.  Even, granted she has a weird mindset so she values this thing that much, but if she wants to tell her friends about this guy who's blackmailing her she can call them or tell them when he's not around or whatever.  This is idiotic.

What a nonsense plot point. I hate these "Do as I say or else", if it's a trivial matter. It's about some coupons, for god's sake! It's not like he has kidnapped her father or something. I would beat the crap out of him and take the book or at last starting screaming "Thief!" and his high school's days will be ruined.

And of course, poor him, he was somewhat sad at the end... Awww yeah, dear heroine, please, start to feel sorry for him, because he made your crappy situation a crappier one, for a petty reason!

And I didn't like the writer's possessiveness, I've felt it was creepy.

I don't...

I can't... I don't even... I ... I...

This chapter (5) was so awful, I can't even put it into words... the awfulness of it all.

I feel like I just lost about 30-40 IQ points from reading this. Ugh.

In HnR, I liked mamura from the start but this guy is beginning to get on my nerves already.

Honestly haven't bothered reading past the first chapter because of the bad aftertaste the ending of hnr left me with- the mangakas art is as beautiful as always but her story-telling has been getting worse and worse.

Just seems like she's trying to make up for how hnr ended.

I did like HNR's ending

Honestly haven't bothered reading past the first chapter because of the bad aftertaste the ending of hnr left me with- the mangakas art is as beautiful as always but her story-telling has been getting worse and worse.

Just seems like she's trying to make up for how hnr ended.

Besides...personalities reversal!

In HnR, "Sensei" was a nice guy and "young guy" was quiet and reserved at first

Here, it is all the opposite

Spoiler

90% percent sure this is Yamamori-sensei's way of getting an alternate ending for HnR.

Just think. New black-haired guy (who's also called Sensei by the main girl) given name is Akatsuki. In HnR, it was Satsuki.
Also Imamura and Mamura.

Oh well, keeping my HnR instance in this one too. Rooting for Sensei.

What gets me is that not only is he pissed about something that happened ten years ago -- like, two thirds of their life -- he's pissed at her for not doing anything wrong.  Like, he's mad because she ran faster than he did.  In a race.  Someone should send him the memo that in competitions, the other people are also allowed to compete.  He's been pissed off for ten years because he's that entitled.

I've been wondering if the point of this series is to do a rerun where sensei gets her instead of the younger guy.  So far, I would sure as hell hope so.

WTF this is a carbon copy of the other manga.

Hirunaka no Ryuusei?

Yeaaah... it sure feels like it now. And Aioi is annoying as hell, just like whatshisname from HNR. Really, who cares about some dumb race you ran when you were 5-6 years old???? OMG, get a life!

I didn't like the way HNR developed (and that's putting it mildly), and now this... this just doesn't inspire me at all. I don't care who she picks in the end, I don't want to read 70+ chapters of annoying guy hung up on crap that happened when he was still in pull-ups. -_-

I hate Aioi Isshin

hahahahahaha what a petty thing to hate someone over years later

I like the main girl, and for some reason, I can't hate the main guy.

Spoiler

It certainly seems that way. This will probably go the route of the older guy instead of the younger guy, to balance it out or something. I'll probably still read it, unless it just gets eye rollingly bad.

"guys' backs are so bony"

lol Does he even lift?

Dude.  He's a writer, not a bodybuilder.

Sorest loser I ever saw.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics