Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 309votes)

Magi no Okurimono

Alt Names: alt マギの贈り物alt Magi'nin Hediyesialt The Gift of the Magi
Author: Yoshizuki Kumichi
Artist: Yoshizuki Kumichi
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Five years ago, Hokazono Akari died in an accident. Now 23 years old, her boyfriend and childhood friend Shiki Daichi still hasn’t found closure. While he chases after memories of her in the world below, she uses every tool at her disposal in heaven above to force him to forget.
Go to Magi no Okurimono Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

107 Comments

A very well written and rendered Seinen story despite being published by Shuueisha which has very strict criteria. But I really agreed with the "unknown author" on the afterwords that the female character is somehow very mesmerizing, of course the male protagonist is good looking as well. :P

As a side note, Akari can literally means Light or Bright but her name in Kanji says Gentle Light. While Dai'chi can refers to Ground or Earth, however, I did not get to see his name written in Kanji. As such, it could be pronounced as Da'ichi, which sounds normal for a name. And I really appreciate Yoshizuki sensei's effort for being so meticulous on the small details for every single pages, a master piece indeed! Worth recommending.

i found nothing that really pointed out they were split, and 1 thing that pointed at a reunion possiblity. so i'm going to have to guess they get back together after this.

Yeah, the

Spoiler

Yeah, I confess that I wasn't too thrilled by the driver making a pass at Akari.

It's not so much as that the girl gets to find a new boyfriend, but more like the dead person does all this effort to make her boyfriend forget about her and then comes on to her fellow dead friend...  Too soon, perhaps?

people are saying it's a sad ending, but honestly it seems happy. Dude moved on but there was no mention of him getting with the other chick, just him not stagnating anymore, and the chick is nearing 1trillion which is the number required to actually manifest down on earth. So i'm thinking they're either just going to get back together, or the dude is going to "move on" to a new chick that is her manifestation(never says they come back like themselves)

i found nothing that really pointed out they were split, and 1 thing that pointed at a reunion possiblity. so i'm going to have to guess they get back together after this.

Well, didn't particularly like that end, but it was probably the best end for both of them.

Like she said, they were too different, and it probably wouldn't have worked out even if she hadn't died.

Given that, it was best that he let go a relationship that wouldn't have even worked out in the first place.

This would probably be the best end, for the both of these characters.

But by that time won't she gone out with truck-kun?

Their feelings stayed the same. The way I saw it, she just helped him to accept her death, say goodbye and move on with his life, finally doing what he wants (geology). He was pretty much stuck when she died, running in circles, always talking about her and losing friends because of that, had a job he hated and so on.

And ye, truck-kun has no chance getting more wealth than her, he barely gets money for food.

Very unlikely, she's famous now as a supernova. Him, he's just another poor sap died from accident. She only agree if he (somehow) could make more than her.

When Daichi dies though, they'll be able to meet again.

Yo this guy called it pretty far out. Impressive

Well technically the order's a bit off. But hey, major props to the guy anyways, that was a pretty impressive call~

Now just to stab my heart until it stops crying.

When Daichi dies though, they'll be able to meet again.

HUUUUU this manga is so good. really to much emotions going on :(

This was good... but I'm afraid I'll need to avoid all "feels" media for a while so I don't explode.  Now if you excuse me.

*returns to being dead*

What a beautiful manga - so glad to have discovered this gem :)

holy crap

for the full feels experience, why not play 'talking to the moon' or 'to where you are' as background music? makes everything hit you like a seotruck. really brings into perspective the fact that the people who lose someone special aren't the only ones who are crying looking up. the person we've lost also feels losing us, crying up there while looking down. the feels.

That... was a really good read. I wasn't sure how much farther they were going to go but this was satisfying to the very end.

Really a beautiful end. I really liked this story, even though it was quite sad. Thank you for this great work!

That is until he disovers a star or some shit and become famous. He'll name it her name and she'll earn enough to come say hi.

Doooo it sensei!

What a great ex-boyfriend, he's got her set up for (after)life, AND with no hard feelings to boot!

:')

That was beautiful. Would definitely read again!

What a sweet ending...

....there's something warm both in my heart and my eyes

GyaWRYscuC8jm.gif

Thank you for choosing feels train, we hope you enjoyed our feels trip.

Well that was a nice ending. I'm imagining Akari giving Daichi a real earful when he dies too, lol.

There was a 5 minute delay after finishing this that I started to tear up. What the f man..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics