Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 114votes)

Suijin no Hanayome

Alt Names: alt Bride of the Water Godalt 수신의 제물alt La Novia del Dios del Aguaalt Pengantin Dewa Airalt Su Tanrısının Gelinialt Suijin no Ikeniealt The Water Dragon's Bridealt 水神の生贄(はなよめ)alt 水神的祭品alt Невеста бога воды
Author: Toma Rei
Artist: Toma Rei
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of a girl who slips back in time to a different era. While playing in her family's garden, Asahi gets sucked in by the small pond and when she wakes up she finds herself in a place that seems like Japan from ancient times. A powerful clan takes her in, but the reason for their kindness is that they intend to sacrifice her to the water god, the dragon, to be his bride... Now that she is at the mercy of a god who appears to know no compassion, what will Asahi's fate be?
Go to Suijin no Hanayome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic So I was just wondering. Ship wise. What are everyone's feelings? New Window Koriru
  • 2 Replies

142 Comments

oh my god, the end of the first chapter......

Spoiler

All-powerful, all-knowing, or not... He should still recognize an event that happened right next to him.

And that is why its the nature of religion to die off.

is this an adaptation of the manhwa bride of the water god?

Well, he might not be an all-powerful god. It could be that sort of thing is outside his abilities. After this second chapter it's pretty clear he's not an all-knowing or benevolent god either.

All-powerful, all-knowing, or not... He should still recognize an event that happened right next to him.
Is this gonna be Stockholm syndrome/changed by love, or is the kid gonna grow up to be an ikeman and do a damsel in distress type thing? I hope it's the former.

I don't understand how the god doesn't recognize her... If she somehow warped to the past through his lake, shouldn't he at least have been aware of such mystic happenings, even if he wasn't the direct cause of her transfer?

Well, he might not be an all-powerful god. It could be that sort of thing is outside his abilities. After this second chapter it's pretty clear he's not an all-knowing or benevolent god either.
Well god damn water god

Oh, I'm kinda excited. The boy though... You could have been the ship if the god wasn't so...

I don't understand how the god doesn't recognize her... If she somehow warped to the past through his lake, shouldn't he at least have been aware of such mystic happenings, even if he wasn't the direct cause of her transfer?

whats with the annoying watermarks

Best take on the "bride of a god" trope so far. No love at first sight, no gratitude. The god shows apathy towards humans and their one sided worship, to him human lives are like pebbles and his amorality suits him. Of course, that means there's plenty of room for him to develop (and it seems that's already started so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I also really like where the plot is going,
Spoiler

Gracias por traducir el capitulo 7! espero leer el proximo :D En verdad gracias n.n

I'm a native spanish speaker, so I'm not bothered in the slightliest. However, I think it's pretty strange that no english group has picked this up.

Umm… Umm… *Grabs google translate* OOOH OMG! Kawaii~ I love this already! I can't wait to see chapter 7! And for it to come out in English! xD

Obrigada por traduzir este mangá que esta me encantando a cada capítulo, muito interessante a história, os personagens. Desejo muito que sigam com a tradução. <3
Cant believe it!!!! Thank you sooo soo much blackbird no fansub!!! ♡ This series is very interesting, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be anxious to know what comes next , this author gets the beat. :) Muchas gracias! ♥♥♥

Gracias BlackBird. La historia se esta volviendo bastante interesante.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics