Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.3 - 82votes)

Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto

Alt Names: alt なのは洋菓子店のいい仕事alt Le travail de qualité de la pâtisserie Nanohaalt The Quality Work of Pâtisserie Nanoha
Author: Wakaki Tamiki
Artist: Wakaki Tamiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A pastry shop with filled delectable sweets on the hillside run by three brothers, Thyme, Sage, and Parsley. An otome's dream is it not? Well, hopes crushed.

Nanoha bakery is run by a lifeless genius baker, a motivated novice baker and shopkeeper, and a child. Facing rivalries, low sales, and debt, Sage tries to save the family bakery! Along the way, he meets some interesting characters.

From the creator of The World God Only Knows
Go to Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Doomed to fail New Window genesic123
  • 4 Replies
Topic about donating for raws New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

108 Comments

I am liking this so far. I thought when they announced it initially that it was going to have something to do with that scifi/cake shop oneshot he did last year, but I think the slow pace is working for now.

The World God Only Knows in the begging didnt appeared that would be so good but overcomed espectations so give this a chance and stop comparing.

It still wasn't all that good after a dozen chapters anyway. I actually like this manga better.

Please dont start downrating the manga before its really get at least 10 chapters, i really have my hopes for this, and i dont think its fair with the mangaka if you dont let him develop his story before you start complaining, The World God Only Knows in the begging didnt appeared that would be so good but overcomed espectations, so give this a chance and stop comparing.

Obs.: I just observed my grammar in this post was awfull so i made some corrections, i dont think its all right but is at least more correct.

Keima doesn't need cakes to conquer women.

just give me back Keima !

Spoiler

Well that would help explain why he can smoke without ruining the cakes.

whoaaaaaa for I tought It say girls and madamoiselle (I wonder if I spell it right) lol

Spoiler

-sigh- I miss Keima. ):

He's just grown up. ;-)

-sigh- I miss Keima. ):

So, the lollipop has what, dry ice inside it so smoke comes out the end?  Then it's a freezing hazard...

no, it means he's licking the lolipop at lightning speed, so fast, the friction between the tongue and lolipop creates smoke and the handle of the lolipop is one of those plastic like a straw where the center is hollow and the smoke goes out through there.

BTW, I tried reading both version side by side, and I still can't tell which version is better... lol

holy shit how many versions of chapter one do we need

It's not a cigarette, it's a lollipop.

Spoiler

So, the lollipop has what, dry ice inside it so smoke comes out the end?  Then it's a freezing hazard...

MFW this manga:

Spoiler

These chapter releases are like the cakes in the shop... they're all the same. XD

That's...really deep...

These chapter releases are like the cakes in the shop... they're all the same. XD

Disappointing.

So far, as up to chapter 4, it talks about  two rival sweets shops. One operated by three brothers, the other by three sisters. Each chapter focuses on a different sweet/dessert yet it doesnt really go into much detail on how its made, just some simple "shoujo magic fluff", so it cant be considered as a cooking manga. In addition, there seems to an underlying love triangle Eldest daughter of rival sweets shop<-Middle Son(MC)< Youngest daughter of rival sweets shop, but this hasnt been explored fully. The comedy in my opinion is rather bland and there doesnt seem to be a main storyline yet. The art is good albeit, but this manga doesnt differentiate itself from others and seems fairly similar to Yumeiro Patissiere. Unlike how TWGOK drew in its readers with its varying characters with various archetypes/parody,an interesting MC, and a unique approach to school romance with a underlying storyline that connects its various arcs, this serialization comes off with bland characters that are two dimensional and is approached in I would say an omnibus format. 

In short if you are looking to be wowed again by Tamiki, look elsewhere

The chapter has been updated  , read this one for a better experience.

Oh and to actually comment this manga. I like it, I would like to say something more but it's only one chapter. I like that it's not a continuation from the oneshot, it was nice but it wouldn't work that well as a full series.

Next thing, this'll surely have a slower start. If you were a fan of TWGOK you would know that Wakaki didn't plan so many things at the beginning because of what happened with Albatross. He now have a comfort of being a mangaka that had a hit series in a magazine which don't rush things. It'll probably never move fast, it'll try to be a relaxing and fun read and on this term the first chapter was really, really nice. It was just simply sweet and funny.

When author is doing a series about a thing he really likes (if you're following Wakaki on twitter than you know :D) than you just feel, that it's nothing really forced. I skimmed through raws and it just feels that it'll go naturally in its own mood. Though I can get that this'll not have even a half of TWGOK audience.

Spoiler

mYSLF1i.png

4kids censorship, they stay in kids eyes and censor everything.

Is he really smoking in the kitchen?

Christ, those cakes should all taste vaguely of tar...

Spoiler

Is he really smoking in the kitchen?

Christ, those cakes should all taste vaguely of tar...

I'm guessing their names are a romanised of version of the herbs. A little more subtle than just naming them as plants, but I could be wrong.

Thyme and Sage-kun are written in the story in katakana as "Taimu" and "Se-ji." This is the common spelling for the culinary use of these herbs in Japan (the botanical names are different). At the very least, this is how their names are written when they are introduced to us.

Parsley, interestingly enough, is written in hiragana in the story. This suggests it is actually a given name and could reasonably be rendered as "Paseri" in English. However, considering the obvious theme, it probably makes more sense to go with just "Parsley."

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics