Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 111votes)

Groundless - Sekigan no Sogekihei

Alt Names: alt グランドレスalt 隻眼の狙撃兵alt Groundlessalt Groundless - The One-eyed Sniper
Author: Kagemachi Keita
Artist: Kagemachi Keita
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Civil war continues to wage on the island nation of Alistria.

The Waldrons lead a small arms shop on this island when they receive a large order of rifles from the army. However, this turns out to be a ploy by the colonel who made the order. He uses his ties to the rebel army to have them ransack the shop.

Having her husband killed, her daughter taken away and her own left eye lost, Sophia decides to take the only remaining sniper rifle and sets out for revenge.
Go to Groundless - Sekigan no Sogekihei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

127 Comments

Status Update [Edited] - 12/9/15:

-Re-uploaded Chapter 1 - Part 1, due to some errors and font consolidation.

-Chapter 3 will have an ETA of around December 9th December 12th , give or take a day. That will round out Volume 1, and Volume 2 will begin around Mid Late-December, after I take a quick break to focus on other stuff. [Edit: Production delays + final exams. Wew lad, a lot on my plate at the moment.]

-Volume 1 Extras (2 or so pages) will be added after Chapter 3. It's some comedy sketches of behind-the-scenes stuff, nothing too plot significant.

Again, I hope you all enjoy it!

Oh boy, training! Way to remind me to train myself for concealed carry. Gotta buy ammo, unload my gun for drawing and dry fire practice, keeping the guns lubed... I've learned the value of training. The newbies are practically human shields.

Thanks for the release, this manga really feels down to earth compared many action/battle manga out there, I love this kind of story. :D

The situation is always so hopeless >.<!

Is it over now?

Oh no, we are just getting started. This is just the intro, heh.

Is it over now?
It's just over-exaggeration on part of the author. It's just because they wanted to make it as brutal as possible.

(Plus, it gives me room to make dark-humored jokes...)

Hehe, fair enough, it certainly did blend well.

question about the baby:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The footnote about the bullet tumbling doesn't seem to match up with what's depicted and it also contradicts what happens in the next page; it talks about lack of energy, bouncing off bone, and tumbling, but if the bullet really did bounce because it didn't have the energy to punch through bone, then it shouldn't have the energy to punch through the forehead in the next page.

What's depicted looks the bullet is actually following the contour of the skull before finding an exit from the forehead (almost 90 degrees from its entry point), which is still over the top, but can be written off as a miraculous stroke of luck.

It's just over-exaggeration on part of the author. It's just because they wanted to make it as brutal as possible.

(Plus, it gives me room to make dark-humored jokes...)

question about the baby:

Spoiler

The footnote about the bullet tumbling doesn't seem to match up with what's depicted and it also contradicts what happens in the next page; it talks about lack of energy, bouncing off bone, and tumbling, but if the bullet really did bounce because it didn't have the energy to punch through bone, then it shouldn't have the energy to punch through the forehead in the next page.

What's depicted looks the bullet is actually following the contour of the skull before finding an exit from the forehead (almost 90 degrees from its entry point), which is still over the top, but can be written off as a miraculous stroke of luck.

Damn...ch 4 ensure that she will be in for a lot of suffering... Just can't catch a break huh...

BOSS GET DOWN!

THAT'S AN ENEMY SNIPEEERRRRRRR

Ooooh. I'm liking this. Looking forward to new releases. :D

Ch 1.3 went where?

There is 5 volumes of this, with a 6th coming around May 2016.

So don't worry, there is going to be plenty of this for a while. I plan on getting a chapter/part out every 7-9 days, if my schedule allows it.

Aw yiss, this is really neat. Thanks for the translation, hope that it doesn't die soon.

This was pretty decent, but I just can't stop comparing it Husk of Eden.

Thanks /ak/, love this.
Waited like years that someone picks it up.
Its goddamn good.

sfx: *seriously dead*

Ha! I see that.

I'll fix that. Must of missed it when reading the translation script.

Also, I hope you all like this!

If you see something out of place or something, tell me. I'll be glad to fix it.

Thanks mate /ak/scans, it's such a good manga with a bit of dark tone mmm...

only note worthy issue I saw was right instead of left.

I'll fix that. Must of missed it when reading the translation script.

Also, I hope you all like this!

If you see something out of place or something, tell me. I'll be glad to fix it.

only note worthy issue I saw was right instead of left.

.. Oh, well. I'd offer to do the cleaning & typeset, so.. if there's any translator around.. leave a message. :P Oh, and a proofreader, 'cause my english sucks. ^_^

You say your English is terrible, yet you do a better job at it than a depressingly large number of scanlation groups these days...

I did translate it, 4chan archive should have 1st chapter, may want to check out /ak/ wiki to see if they started working on my translation.

.. Oh, well. I'd offer to do the cleaning & typeset, so.. if there's any translator around.. leave a message. :P Oh, and a proofreader, 'cause my english sucks. ^_^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics