Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 56votes)

Ultra Battle Satellite

Alt Names: alt UBS
Author: Utsumi Yuusuke
Artist: Utsumi Yuusuke
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Welcome to the world of street fighting!!
Sakura Momochi, a mysterious black-haired girl appears before teenage fighter, Jin Matsuriya.

"You'll get one soon… an invitation to real deadly fights with no rules... a tournament where blood is washed away with blood."

Her mysterious words and an invitation arriving at the same time to the UBS (Ultra Battle Satellite) fighting tournament draws Jin into the world of street fighting!!

A no rule head-on battle begins!!
Go to Ultra Battle Satellite Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

90 Comments

An insignificant, yet a grave mistake...

Spoiler

I like the protagonists realism. Those "dirty tricks" as most would call them, are what actual Karate Mastery really is. It's defending yourself through deception, attacking the weak points of the body, and ending it as quickly as possible. The fact that a protagonist actually fights like this is refreshing for shonen battle manga. It also reminds me of Souchiro from Tenjho Tenge, which was a treat, too (at least in the beginning).

I think you need to talk to real karate masters... In combat-oriented karate or "real karate", the definition of true mastery is the ability to defend against and prevail over opponents using dirty tricks, not actually using dirty tricks themselves. It's kinda like how the MC of No Game No Life is such an unbeatable gamer that cheats don't have any effect on him.

Combat-oriented karate expects two things:

1. That fights may happen anytime and anywhere and in mostly uncontrolled environments where circumstances may encourage and permit the use of features in the environment to one's advantage.

2. That practitioners may be faced by opponents using unconventional and even unfair methods.

However, at no point are practitioners encouraged to use unconventional or unfair methods themselves. A line is drawn in combat-oriented karate to prevent what is sometimes known as "moral slippage". This is a Japanese concept that is best described this way: Once you've allowed yourself as a fighter and the system you adhere to to accept morally questionable practices in small amounts, there will be nothing preventing escalation to the point where you've effectively negated the purpose of your training.

See, the easiest way to win a hand-to-hand fight is to bring a handgun to it, at which point you've essentially negated the purpose of having karate in the first place. Even carrying a knife already violates the basic tenets of karate, yet knives are the most commonly used weapon in street fights in Japan. As strange as it may sound, finding blunt weapons is much more difficult than finding a knife in the modern urban setting.

All traditional martial arts systems, no matter how "real-life" oriented, will never allow "moral slippage" to occur. This is because in the modern era, there's no real life application to traditional martial arts in violent situations anyway. In the US, if I want to defend myself I'll learn tactical shooting and carry a handgun (or, heck, a 5.56 megapistol with a SiG brace) with me at all times. Even in Japan, which doesn't allow private ownership of firearms, serious self-defense instructors draw their techniques from MMA (in Japan there are MMA dojos where they've standardized MMA practices to a system of their own). If someone is using karate in a real fight, he's doing so out of principle. By definition, then, he wouldn't be violating those principles.

Going back to the manga, practitioners of combat-oriented karate will recognize MOMOCHI as one of their own, and MC as just another street thug. Throwing sand at one's eyes is a trick as old as time, but it's not condoned by any form of karate. There's no mastery in throwing sand. Even monkeys can do it. True mastery is being able to predict that the opponent would try it and avoid it. Even greater mastery lies in being able to fight on and win after having sand thrown in one's eyes. Momochi still needs to learn - obviously she's not a master - but MC has even more to learn. If this manga stays published long enough, eventually MC will, like TT's Souichiro, encounter opponents who can still beat him up like the bug he is with eyes full of sand and feet superglued to the asphalt, then he'd reflect on his weaknesses and learn true karate. The alternative is to buy a knife and go stabbity-stab, but that wouldn't make for an interesting shonen battle manga.

Romance tag on this? Sheeeeit.

High-Kick Girl -> High-Score Girl

Spoiler

Holy cow, this MC is awesome!

Thank heavens for pantyshots.

Why did the mangaka zoom the heart not the boobies mmm...~?

I like the protagonists realism. Those "dirty tricks" as most would call them, are what actual Karate Mastery really is. It's defending yourself through deception, attacking the weak points of the body, and ending it as quickly as possible. The fact that a protagonist actually fights like this is refreshing for shonen battle manga. It also reminds me of Souchiro from Tenjho Tenge, which was a treat, too (at least in the beginning).

seeing the last page of Chapter 3

"All that hassle, just to touch a High School Girl's Breasts...I mean heart"

crazy-monkey-emoticon-022.gif?1292792384

Spoiler

Yoooooo this manga is epic! someone please tell me there are more chapters

Well this is new from jump in the sense that the MC is a fucking beast! yooo he makes Oga seem soft.

Well, let's rock for chapter 3 :D

Spoiler

this manga is soo funy it's trying too hard..btw no chinese people wear than kinda get up nowadays as well the arab they just wear plain white not with all that bling2..

it's an emira

this manga is soo funy it's trying too hard..btw no chinese people wear than kinda get up nowadays as well the arab they just wear plain white not with all that bling2..

they cosplaying, who knows... B)

How do you know that. For all you know there could still be those that dress like that.

we all know that, but without the bling and clothes we wouldnt be able to recognize them

Yes with this kind of pace, I believe this manga won't last till 40 chapters, but this manga is kinda refreshing mmm...

The fight scene is nice, the humor (espescially the facial expression) is quite on point and there are some reference to other manga here and there that makes it even more interesting (I've spotted many Dragon Ball references) mmm...

If I live in Japan I'll root for this manga and give my vote for this until it's safe from early axe mmm...

Readers on 2ch feel really love this series, even more than other starters like kagamigami.

Hope that it could end by it own way instead of getting axed. 4 or 5 volumes is okay, no need to be long.

Shit, I know this is probably gonna get axed so fast, but I just want a nice gory martial arts shounen manga to fulfill my needs. Too much herbivore pseudo-action harem bullshit nowadays. Fights like these are what we need.

Yes with this kind of pace, I believe this manga won't last till 40 chapters, but this manga is kinda refreshing mmm...

The fight scene is nice, the humor (espescially the facial expression) is quite on point and there are some reference to other manga here and there that makes it even more interesting (I've spotted many Dragon Ball references) mmm...

If I live in Japan I'll root for this manga and give my vote for this until it's safe from early axe mmm...

well that was quick

Spoiler

it's time for the D-D-D-D-D- "D"

thank you,,, it's hard to find this kind of fighting in manga nowadays..

Thanks for the chapter. Always love fighting mangas. Love that girl interesting as hell.

Shit, I know this is probably gonna get axed so fast, but I just want a nice gory martial arts shounen manga to fulfill my needs. Too much herbivore pseudo-action harem bullshit nowadays. Fights like these are what we need.

Damn this is good stuff. "throws phone on the ground" ANOTHER!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics