Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.35 - 476votes)

Black Clover

Alt Names: alt कालो तीनपाते विरुवाalt ブラッククローバーalt 블랙 클로버alt 黑色五叶草alt Kara Yoncaalt Noir Cloveralt Schwarzer Kleealt Trèfle Noiralt Trébol Negroalt Trevo Negroalt Trifoglio Neroalt Trifoiul Negrualt Черный клевер
Author: Yuki Tabata
Artist: Yuki Tabata
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Asta and Yuno were abandoned together as babies in baskets at the same church on the same day, and have been inseparable since. As children, they promised that they would compete against each other to see who would become the next Wizard King. However, as they grew up, some differences between them became plain - Yuno was a magical prodigy, while Asta could not use magic at all. In a country where magic is everything and athletic ability is nothing, Asta tried every day to provoke even the simplest magic out of himself with physical training and loud proclamations of his will.

At age 15, during the group ceremony where three-leaf-clover grimoires of different designs float down to each person, Yuno receives a spectacular book with the legendary four-leaf clover, while Asta receives nothing at all. Later, however, when Yuno was surprised and trapped by a fallen magic knight, the truth about Asta's power and determination was revealed—a dark-covered, obscurely patterned grimoire broke out of the ceremony tower and came before him! This "black clover" book of anti-magic had a five-leaf clover on the cover, even though Asta himself did not see it as it lit up briefly just that one time while he defended his friend.

Now the two friends, the four-leaf-clover genius and the no-talent with the hidden black clover, are heading out in the world, competing for the same goal...
Go to Black Clover Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Black Colver... Is that another Isekai ? New Window Percolator33
  • 1 Replies
Topic Black clover released chapter discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Voting for characters name in future releases New Window Jaimini626
  • 3 Replies
Topic Black Bull's Rod/ Black Sheep's Crook New Window thesilvergunner
  • 10 Replies

1360 Comments

The key here is that the _beginning_ of Naruto was a fucking masterpiece. If the author can manage to make the latter half of this series nothing like the latter half of Naruto, I will be very happy.

What are you talking about? The latter half of Naruto is the masterpiece.
Best comedy I've ever read.

KEEP FORWARD TRANSLATOR!! 

A lot of people are criticizing this manga because the main characters resemble characters from One Piece and Naruto. Let's be honest here, they were cliche's long before either of those manga used those character tropes.

Tbh, the shonen genre and the word cliche should pretty much be synonymous at this point. Of course one piece and naruto didn't invent their derived and overused tropes but they are the most well known at using them.

Somehow I'm still enjoying black clover as a guilty pleasure but it's hard to ignore all these borrowed elements being used here.

And BTW, is it just me or is aster dumber than the usual shonen lead? Luffy and naruto had their goofy moments but aster is getting at Homer Simpson and peter griffon level stupid

A lot of people are criticizing this manga because the main characters resemble characters from One Piece and Naruto. Let's be honest here, they were cliche's long before either of those manga used those character tropes.

My name is Aster, the silly shonen underdog and this is my talented aloof best friend sasuke, I'm going to join a magic guild so I can become king of the pirates.

I laughed pretty hard for some reason omg. xD

My name is Aster, the silly shonen underdog and this is my talented aloof best friend sasuke, I'm going to join a magic guild so I can become king of the pirates.
This is Harry Poter meets Fairy Tail

this is actually kind of fun... well, the art is nice, at the very least! it's palatable. 

It's cringeworthy, the MC is a knockoff of Naruto and it's badly written/spaced/paced.  That being said, I still enjoyed it.

I am guessing the twintail is a tsundere who would fall in love with the mc's friend.(sakura)

not hurting my eyes at all, just almost invisible.

Okay I exaggerated

wind magic font is killing my eyes

not hurting my eyes at all, just almost invisible.

i have to wonder. why do authors love retarded MC's? i don't mind dumb MC's so much, i mean it's a way to create drama easily but mentally challenged MC's like this one? what's the point? it's not hard to create a hardheaded, stubborn MC without making giving him a single digit IQ. in ch. 1 MC finds out he has ZERO magic power. then during testing, he's trying to fly a broom with what? MAGIC POWER HE DOESN'T HAVE!!!! sorry but thats just beyond stupid. Oga from beelzebub looks like a freaking savant compared to this guy.
well im used to this kind of setup so as long as the story is good i can put up with it.

It's cringeworthy, the MC is a knockoff of Naruto and it's badly written/spaced/paced.  That being said, I still enjoyed it.

The key here is that the _beginning_ of Naruto was a fucking masterpiece. If the author can manage to make the latter half of this series nothing like the latter half of Naruto, I will be very happy.

Also, if they stick to the "no magic, only antimagic" theme, then the character will absolutely not grow in the same way Naruto grew.

I like this so far~ 

I'l be waiting for more updates!

I can see how this would be a pain in the arse to redraw. Thanks for the effort guys!

Could only ask that you use a font that might be easier on the eyes.

Sorry about the bad fond , wont happen again

Don't really care about the cliches, I'm cool with it up to the point where the characters start powering-up mid-fight with FRIENDSHIP!!11!1!
I'm just waiting for an explanation on how the mc can hit a dude with a big fuck-off sword and the guy is, at most, knocked out.
Look at the size of that thing, the guy in chapter 2 should have been cut in half!

Looks like just another day at the office.

Spoiler

I can see how this would be a pain in the arse to redraw. Thanks for the effort guys!

Could only ask that you use a font that might be easier on the eyes? :)

wind magic font is killing my eyes

Will there be more?

I can already see the scene where Juno the demon lord fight against aster the hero.....

huh? did I got it backwards?

The author make no effort to hide the cliche in this manga that is almost refreshing. So guys last just read and remenber the inocent days in youth.

Honestly, the first chapters seemed like a big mashup of every shonen cliche in the book. Hyperactive magical nonprodigy Naruto Aster and brooding expert Sasuke Yuno traveling around, trying to become King of the Pirates Wizards.

It's terrible. Unbelievable that this shit was picked up by Viz out of these 4 new titles.

Exactly lol they're trying to cash in on the sad naruto fans who want another series just like it

wow this is very interesting. I'm definitely rereading this when it's getting better translations.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics