Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 40votes)

Warau Ishi

Alt Names: alt A Laughing Stone Ghostalt 嗤う石alt Supernatural a Laughing Stone
Author: Arita Keiichiro
Artist: Arita Keiichiro
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ataru Natsumeda is a withdrawn first year in high school, unable to rise above mediocrity. His parents are on bad terms with each other, so Ataru leads a lonely, gloomy life. His sister Tsukimi is endowed with both wit and beauty, which causes Ataru to have a severe inferiority complex. One day, Ataru gets bullied again by delinquents who are after his beautiful sister. His classmate Nirasaki witnesses this, and asks Ataru, “Why didn’t you just tell them to piss off and die?” Soon after, she passes the mysterious “wishing stone” to Ataru with a kiss, as if she’s restraining him from asking any further questions. Rumor has it that this “wishing stone” can make any wish come true! Having obtained this stone, Ataru wishes for the delinquents to die! And within a moment, the three delinquents die bizarre deaths!! What is this “wishing stone” …? Who is Nirasaki…? And what will be the fate of Ataru Natsumeda, who has set foot into this horrible world…?!
Go to Warau Ishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

72 Comments

Time to flex that unlimited wishing stone and wish the two girls and their mother back to a happy, living family. :|

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aye, I also hope that isn't how it's going to play. I'm probably just cynical after readin' too many stories that turned out similarly.

I totally feel you, haha. I have that cynical view too and have been right one too many times for comfort and I do feel that deadly vibe coming from this, but there's some things where I'm hit really hard that I hope to avoid seeing in fiction, and that's the needless suffering and abuse of children, especially girls but not excluding boys.

Spoiler

I sincerely hope not. I know there's going to be some big stuff going down later, but I really hope you're not in the ballpark :(

Aye, I also hope that isn't how it's going to play. I'm probably just cynical after readin' too many stories that turned out similarly.

This feels like it's gonna be one of those fever dream things.

The kid saw his sister getting gang-raped by those evil lads, resulting in him having an ol' BSOD; so he doesn't witness her suffering, he's experiencing these illusions with ghosts, wishes and whatnot.

Just the vibe I'm gettin'. Though it could be more likely that the author is just drawing whatever suits his fancy.

I sincerely hope not. I know there's going to be some big stuff going down later, but I really hope you're not in the ballpark :(

Over the fucking line

brb gonna read geselfshaft to purify my soul

wtf?!! can they not make innocent children in this manga suffer for once?

Ataru, Ataru's sister, and now the ghost kid? ffs.

This feels like it's gonna be one of those fever dream things.

The kid saw his sister getting gang-raped by those evil lads, resulting in him having an ol' BSOD; so he doesn't witness her suffering, he's experiencing these illusions with ghosts, wishes and whatnot.

Just the vibe I'm gettin'. Though it could be more likely that the author is just drawing whatever suits his fancy.

God dammit all to hell. I couldn't help but ball my eyes out after that one. 

On a different note though, why did he say that was the first time he saw someone else’s memories? He saw his sisters original memories too through the power of his wishing stone.

I cried :(

Wow...

Spoiler

Think of this like 3x3 Eyes + Mushishi where the MC is Yakumo.

Wait..  Left hand mmm...~?

Btw that's a cute loli mmm...
http://vatoto.com/read/_/323409/warau-ishi_v1_ch4_by_caf%c3%a9-con-lenin/3

Where is this headed? For a second there I thought I understood, but with the introduction of the new characters I'm lost again.
Wait what? The atmosphere of this manga is all over the place.

This manga makes me feel like a genuine idiot. I still can't grasp the motivations of these characters. The sister's wish should have been what causes Ataru to have such a screwed up life. If she had more wishes after making her big life changing one, couldn't she just wish for his life to be more peaceful directly like she did for herself? 

Then there's creepy girl who starts off trying to get him to start killing everyone, goading him on and on until the breaking point, then gets all emotional later on when dealing with the aftermath of making those wishes, saying that Tsukimi was the one who wanted him to have a stone in the first place -- bet she didn't want what happened to follow... Was this all some roundabout way to make the two siblings open up with each other? I feel like it could have been done in a hundred other ways than what was chosen. 

Again, I really just feel like an idiot right now, being so damn lost. 

Happy seems ending that were shattered just like second last page lol i thought it will end by chap.3 but seems were fooled :3

I think this is a new hybrid genre, horror fantasy slice of life

rather than horror it feels like slice of life goes wrong mmm...

Spoiler

You know, I was gunning for the "Quick-Ending-With-Wincest-Flag", but then the manga decided to fuck over my dreams.

This is going to drive me insane.

I can answer your Questions Three, if you so choose :) PM though, so others can have fun guessing.

The simplest explanation would be that the only real wish is the sister's wish which is "to grant every single of her little brother oral wish" mmm... 

if the wish is one time only and the sister wish is that (and I think it is) then my theory is wrong (thank god), and I doubt the big sis is doing anything bad to ataru back then.

but how in the hell those trio scumbag revived?

The simplest explanation would be that the only real wish is the sister's wish which is "to grant every single of her little brother oral wish" mmm... 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics