Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 133votes)

Mizutama Honey Boy

Alt Names: alt Şeker Çocukalt Polka Dot Honey Boyalt 水玉ハニーボーイalt 水珠HoneyBoy
Author: Ike Junko
Artist: Ike Junko
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mei Sengoku is an independent girl and captain of her high school kendo club who enjoys helping others in need. This has earned her a lot of admirers among the girls at her school, as well as a guy named Shirou Fuji well-known at school for his girly way of speaking and gestures. When Shirou asks Mei to go out with him, she simply rejects him, but he comes back the next day and tells her he's not going to give up on her so easily.
Go to Mizutama Honey Boy Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

178 Comments

5 years... yeah , i doubt this manga gonna last that long, expect some timeskip with balance filler, a bit of pinch of tragedy, a bowl of cliche, a dice of plot twist, bake them for 30-50 chapters, 80 if its became popular , and we had our manga ending right there

"I'm Fuji's boyfriend" /DYING FROM LAUGHTER

I like how Sengoku's expressions are mostly through her eyes, especially her blank look that screams tsukkomi.

Bleh. It's fine, though I'm not really into it. I was pretty enthusiastic going into the first chapter from the premise alone, but I've been left kind of tepid by how incredibly "normal" it ends up being. Like, the whole gimmick is the role-reversal of tough girl being matched up with cute guy, right? That's literally why we're here? So why are basically all the *kyuuuun* moments reserved for Sengoku watching Fuji be all manly and protecting her from stuff? Sure, that's an inversion on their usual dynamic, but in practise it's just reverting to what always happens in generic shojo fiction. Hell, it's what usually happens in generic fiction across the board.

I don't know, it just feels like the themes are undermining the characters. You've got these two teenagers with strong, unconventional personalities, confidently maintaining their individuality under pressure from their peers and their culture to suppress their natural interests and conform, and yet instead of supporting them, the underlying message seems to be "Don't worry, even if your hobbies are a bit weird, all girls and all boys are basically alike, and it's impossible for anyone to actually be unique or different from their assigned role in life"? Isn't it kind of disrespectful of Sengoku's philosophy of personal strength and stoicism if she's just going to automatically swoon over a Manly Man protecting her with Manliness because she's a Woman and defending her is a Man's Job (despite him being much weaker and overall less capable than she is)?

Just... Meh. The art's nice. I like the characters. It feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity, is all.

i kinda like it. i only worry about it going the usual shoujo manga route, where the creative and refreshing theme goes away after a few chapters and all that's left is some wishy-washy plot that has nothing to do with what the manga was anymore

Bleh. It's fine, though I'm not really into it. I was pretty enthusiastic going into the first chapter from the premise alone, but I've been left kind of tepid by how incredibly "normal" it ends up being. Like, the whole gimmick is the role-reversal of tough girl being matched up with cute guy, right? That's literally why we're here? So why are basically all the *kyuuuun* moments reserved for Sengoku watching Fuji be all manly and protecting her from stuff? Sure, that's an inversion on their usual dynamic, but in practise it's just reverting to what always happens in generic shojo fiction. Hell, it's what usually happens in generic fiction across the board.

I don't know, it just feels like the themes are undermining the characters. You've got these two teenagers with strong, unconventional personalities, confidently maintaining their individuality under pressure from their peers and their culture to suppress their natural interests and conform, and yet instead of supporting them, the underlying message seems to be "Don't worry, even if your hobbies are a bit weird, all girls and all boys are basically alike, and it's impossible for anyone to actually be unique or different from their assigned role in life"? Isn't it kind of disrespectful of Sengoku's philosophy of personal strength and stoicism if she's just going to automatically swoon over a Manly Man protecting her with Manliness because she's a Woman and defending her is a Man's Job (despite him being much weaker and overall less capable than she is)?

Just... Meh. The art's nice. I like the characters. It feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity, is all.

Man, if Fuji ever develops a complex over his physical strength and starts working out, I'll be sad because I love that the "Sengoku is heavy" joke keeps coming back.

So like it's over now (TT.TT) or was that the end of vol 1 and there are gonna be more chapters??

End of Volume 1, obviously. What made you think it was over?

So like it's over now (TT.TT) or was that the end of vol 1 and there are gonna be more chapters??

Very cute!  I like it.  I particularly like Fuji-kun.  I like how, although he's all girly, and he isn't like a badass capable of ultra-violence underneath that, he still is a strong character--brave, thoughtful, confident, helping others.  He's really quite a well done character, not really representing any particular stereotype but with his own personality.  And I've always liked characters like Sengoku-san.

I agree with God Ginrai that that other dude is sometimes annoying . . . but he is kind of funny too, and at least he's easy to get rid of ("Look over there!  Something dangerous to challenge!").

I think the funniest twist in this manga so far is Nanao. I love idiot characters.

Not liking the third character. He was not bad until he started forcing himself into a relationship with Fuji since he considers himself to have "lost" the match. That made a good end-of-chapter joke, but carrying it on into the next chapter just makes me worry that this character will be cockblocking the two for the rest of the story... <.<
Role reversal = instant comedy + moe gap

Love that reaction from all three characters. Having the Nancy boy lecturing about manliness = awesome.

fuji is alarmingly cute! this series has failed to disappoint me yet. thanks for the update!

Where's my DiCaprio Django Unchained meme? I seem to have lost it somewhere and I need it now

Now, I normally hate the yaoi/shounen ai genre for obvious reasons, but I thought that development was better than anything else that could have happened. I mean, who isn't tired of the "random love rival appears" trope? I prefer gay men to shitty characters.

Lol, say that three times fast.

Spoiler

I still love how it sounds tho :D

mmm tomboy and trap is a match made in heaven. i wish the girl hair was shorter, though.

thank you for the update!

My though on the chapter

Spoiler

So... to sum it up from the back cover : the manly girl likes the kendo guy who likes the girly guy who likes the manly girl. Yeah, I'm totally digging it.

Lol, say that three times fast.

Spoiler

So... to sum it up from the back cover : the manly girl likes the kendo guy who likes the girly guy who likes the manly girl. Yeah, I'm totally digging it.

Hmm, the story is unique, and funny. I like it

looks promising :D

is it still ongoing and how long is it already? hope it will last a while^^

Trap +Reverse Trap? interesting

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics