Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 64votes)

Lan Chi

Alt Names: alt Blue Wingalt 蓝翅
Author: Xu Lu Ako
Artist: Xu Lu Ako
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Ming Lan was adopted into a new family, but her foster mother Nan Xi treated her as a replacement for her dead daughter. However, her two new brothers, Ming Qing and Ming Jing did not welcome her. Ming Lan’s quiet life under this new roof was disturbed by pranks and false smiles….

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/68109.html
Go to Lan Chi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Complete chapters of Lan Chi New Window Its.jmb
  • 0 Replies
Topic The most recent chapter New Window Pusheenya
  • 3 Replies
Topic Chapter 51 New Window Pusheenya
  • 2 Replies
Topic Did Lan Chi get dropped? New Window addictedtocrepes
  • 1 Replies
Topic An interesting Read New Window Secundum
  • 7 Replies

168 Comments

Cliffhanger was never illusrated so well than in this chapter haha

Well I just saw the RAWs and let me tell you... ZZZzzzz

Where can I read the RAWs? I can't take this cliffhanger!

You see the link in the description "original webcomic"? Go there. Scroll down and you'll see the chapters; they're split into two to four parts. When you click the chapters, scroll down and next to the question mark button, click the button to to the left to remove the comments that appear on the page.

Where can I read the RAWs? I can't take this cliffhanger!

I did a bit of research, and in China, unless the patient specifically asks for family to not be informed, informing the immediate family is standard practice.

(Plus I found out that Chinese Medical law is really different to western law-as in REALLY different.)

AhAhAh! You really are discussing about 'law and order' in the healthcare field?

You can't possibly take this seriously, guys ^___^

To the story's author this issue is relatively useless.

It's only a plot device to show the readers that the child (Ming Qing ?) is a ultimate boss.

@Shadowkat Yes, that's what I was trying to explain awkwardly. Your explanation is much clearer thant mine. ^^

Not sure how it works in Europe, but as someone who works in the healthcare field and is HIPAA certified in the US , to my understanding we are never required to tell the patient's family ANYTHING unless they are deemed incompetent or are minors. If they are minors you inform their guardian about their condition. If they are not, being deemed incapable of giving consent due to mental illness is something that is determined by psychologists and the courts. If you think someone is a risk to themselves or others you call the police (not the family) and let them handle it. Doctors cannot be threatened to give out patient information to family members regardless of status if they don't have a guardian declared by the courts. If we do give out information (and yes patient family members call and threaten/yell/try to wheedle information from us all the time), we are subject to extremely heavy fines and jail time. Also, at no time is a minor (like the kid) capable of  being someone's guardian and therefore, should never be privy to the patient's private information. If he wants to know about his mother's condition, he needs to get his information from her and not from the doctor. Sorry, kinda a long post, but wanted to point out that even here in the US there are severe penalties for giving out patient information, even to family members, without court authorization. This doesn't mean that patient information is always kept private like it should, just that there are severe consequences for healthcare workers who share it.

@ Breizh - Prosecutions on Doctors for that sort of thing are petty common in Europe-healthcare is taken more seriously there than in the United States.

I am from Europe ^^ and that is exactly what I am saying, the medical confidentiality is much more strict than people might think. I think it's more doctors that are prosecuted for having leaked information than on the contrary, saying too few.

Anyway I'll stop debating here, it's just a manhua anyway ^^' and I'm maybe not good enough at english to explain my point.

@ Breizh - Prosecutions on Doctors for that sort of thing are petty common in Europe-healthcare is taken more seriously there than in the United States.

Wow! 16 chapters and 2 death flags already can't wait for the next chapter.

if the patient is not in a condition to make decisions about their own treatment, next of kin must be contacted.

this also applies when the person is mentally unstable, and is one reason why homosexuals have fought, and transsexuals are still fighting, to get their diagnosis out of the list of mental illnesses. because if it's considered a mental illness, they could lose every right to make decisions about their own life. their legal guardian or next of kin could demand to be informed about absolutely everything, and also get to make all the decisions.

in the past, that might even have been a decision to get a "hysterical" lesbian wife lobotomized. nobody will ever know if that was ever done, because mental illness and other "abnormal" conditions were treated differently in that time.

Maybe for the legual guardian which she doesn't seem to have but not so sure about the next of kin, if the patient doesn't agree. And as I said it surely depends on each country's regulation.

In any case it seems really impossible to me that a doctor would be prosecuted for not telling the family, she had depression, she wasn't psychotic, it's not like she was cut off from reality.

I am telling y'all, that family's dad is EVIL. Bet he poisoned his son's girlfriend's dad's drink.
(^ this is what happens when I can't remember the characters name's lol! xD)

That doesn't change anything, the information can't be shared expect maybe to the legal representative.

Another question, where does the family ends ? Parents, siblings, children, husband, nephew ?

And I checked something, I made a little mistake : even if the patient agrees to let the doctor explain it to the family, the doctor can't do it.

if the patient is not in a condition to make decisions about their own treatment, next of kin must be contacted.

this also applies when the person is mentally unstable, and is one reason why homosexuals have fought, and transsexuals are still fighting, to get their diagnosis out of the list of mental illnesses. because if it's considered a mental illness, they could lose every right to make decisions about their own life. their legal guardian or next of kin could demand to be informed about absolutely everything, and also get to make all the decisions.

in the past, that might even have been a decision to get a "hysterical" lesbian wife lobotomized. nobody will ever know if that was ever done, because mental illness and other "abnormal" conditions were treated differently in that time.

The point was her condition has affected her mental capabilities, and she has a long history of mental illnesses, and in that case, the hospital is obligated to inform the family.

That doesn't change anything, the information can't be shared expect maybe to the legal representative.

Another question, where does the family ends ? Parents, siblings, children, husband, nephew ?

And I checked something, I made a little mistake : even if the patient agrees to let the doctor explain it to the family, the doctor can't do it.

That kid is acting all high and mighty with the doctor but in my country it is forbidden to inform the patient's family about his condition without the patient's consent.

The penalty can reach 15 000€ and 1 year of jail...

But well Maybe it's different in china

The point was her condition has affected her mental capabilities, and she has a long history of mental illnesses, and in that case, the hospital is obligated to inform the family.

That kid is acting all high and mighty with the doctor but in my country it is forbidden to inform the patient's family about his condition without the patient's consent.

The penalty can reach 15 000€ and 1 year of jail...

But well Maybe it's different in china

Is it safe to say the father is a sorry excuse for a father?

Depending on just what is going on there, he may be a sorry excuse for an almost anything.

At a minimum, he's certainly a sorry excuse for a husband, just callously continuing on with whatever his little schemes are while his wife is dying.

Is it safe to say the father is a sorry excuse for a father?

So...The mother has brain damage?

I've gotten that impression.  But she also has terminal brain cancer, apparently.

I wonder if that drawing of them grown up in middle/high school uniforms is supposed to be for our amusement for now or if there's going to be a time jump soon (next few chapters?). In any case, I wouldn't mind it but I found it charming that they're still kids and just beginning that stage of growth in their life

Have you read a manga by Sakurada Hina? Never a happy ending.

The art is cute, right!

There are few from Hina Sensei with happy ending.  :batoto_015:

It is honestly amazing how little time it took for the author to make us realize how screwed up every character is.

Have you read a manga by Sakurada Hina? Never a happy ending. 

So...The mother has brain damage?

It is honestly amazing how little time it took for the author to make us realize how screwed up every character is.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics