Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.73 - 41votes)

AFO Guard

Alt Names: alt アフォガード
Author: Miki Maki
Artist: Miki Maki
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From MangaHelpers:

Aizawa Katori goes to a school with an unusual rule. The nearby, separate school building is full of elite male students, and the school wants to prevent any of the female students from getting involved with them. For this reason, all the girl students are required to wear masks! Katori wears a horse-head mask, but she hasn't given up on getting through to her long-ago childhood friend and crush, Shinra. Shinra also has a crush on Katori from when they were children, but he does not recognize her as the strange horse-headed girl who speaks to him! [tethysdust]
Go to AFO Guard Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic this is going to have to end at some point... predictions? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

65 Comments

I just keep loving this more and more. The masks only amplifies the cuteness of the characters, the hilarity of the situation, and the embarrassment. Fucking amazing. XD

Now, after reading chapter 7,I dont like what the teacher said to the boy.

I do hope that there is no "angst" moment in later chapters.

Yeesh. This thing is deeply misogynistic. The elite boys have to be protected from the scheming girls. The girls are required not to just wear masks, but freakish ones. I find the premise offensive. I know its supposed to be humor, but its not nearly funny enough to carry the premise.

Foul.

Hmm. I respect your opinion but I think you are exaggerating and looking too deeply into the premise. This is meant to be a lighthearted satire on shoujo conventions (shown clearly on the 6th chapter) with the author depicting the struggles of love, just in a different manner. The masks are not even really that "freakish" and the manga explains that the girls choose them, themselves due to personal reasons. Seriously, if you disregard the masks, then the manga will just be a typical shoujo and as "foul" as you described. 

Yeesh. This thing is deeply misogynistic. The elite boys have to be protected from the scheming girls. The girls are required not to just wear masks, but freakish ones. I find the premise offensive. I know its supposed to be humor, but its not nearly funny enough to carry the premise.

Foul.

Dear readers,

want faster releases? Let us know which Cafe Scans projects you'd like us to focus more attention on at our forums! Please click here and take our survey!

-THINA (Cleaner at Cafe Scans ^^)

And she will be the first horse to ever be the one to ride a boy once they end up together.

Afo Guard will end on August 6 in the Gangan Online.

I was kind of apprehensive at first because it sounded, y'know, weird, but I gave this a try anyway. I have no regrets. *sheds a tear*

(Who am I kidding, I'm shedding more than one tear. Also I'm rolling on the floor.)

Help... my jaw gave up... laughing too much is not good mmm...

It's been awhile since I can laugh like this, (wait I just did that after I read Mahou Shoujo Pretty Bell) mmm...

Love all the horse puns.

Ding!

Most recent chapters can be found on GanGan Online.

The premise is so ridiculous that I gave it a try. Shinra treating her like an actual horse was killer. The reason she chose the horse mask is...well, what a reason, lol.

Can't help but wonder why she chose the horse mask, of all things, if she wanted to be recognized as anything other than "that girl with the horse head."

my follow button is golden

Super great

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics