Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.35 - 63votes)

Perfect World (ARUGA Rie)

Alt Names: alt 完美世界alt パーフェクトワールドalt Dunia Sempurnaalt Mondo perfetto
Author: Aruga Rie
Artist: Aruga Rie
Genres: Drama DramaJosei JoseiPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kawana Tsugumi works for an interior design company. She goes to a drinking party at a client's architectural office and happens to meet her first love. He's more handsome than ever and it isn't until he's leaving that she realizes something has changed: Ayukawa is in a wheelchair.

(Source: MU)
Go to Perfect World (ARUGA Rie) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

43 Comments

Sometimes you come across a manga that just serves to demonstrate how much Japan fucking sucks.

If this is how Japanese people really treat the disabled then I'm really glad I was born in the UK.

Does Japan not have anything equivalent to the ADA? 

Thanks for the spoilers! I just read the first chapter and was very intrigued. However, Love Triangles are not my thing, and from your description, this seems to become even worse than the usual garbage. Too bad, as you said, it started off really well. You have saved me many hours of wasted time as I would most certainly have dropped it when the first Love Triangle developed. Now I can just drop it after only reading the first chapter and feel relieved that I didn't invest any time or get emotionally involved in the story or characters.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I wish batoto had "Love Triangle/s" as one of the selectable genres so people like me could be forewarned...

check out my manga, manhwa and webtoon projects here

Just because you don't like love triangles doesn't mean they are bad. Broaden your horizons instead of filling your head with pure fluff.

So yeah i wrote it in a hurry 'cause i'm pissed at the path the story has taken so maybe i'm not explaining this well but let's just say that after chapter 10 or so the manga just seems to be about "how to f*cking mentally and physically torture a paraplegic" whis is a shame since it started off so well but just continues later on to be this overly dramatic nonsense...

Thanks for the spoilers! I just read the first chapter and was very intrigued. However, Love Triangles are not my thing, and from your description, this seems to become even worse than the usual garbage. Too bad, as you said, it started off really well. You have saved me many hours of wasted time as I would most certainly have dropped it when the first Love Triangle developed. Now I can just drop it after only reading the first chapter and feel relieved that I didn't invest any time or get emotionally involved in the story or characters.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I wish batoto had "Love Triangle/s" as one of the selectable genres so people like me could be forewarned...

check out my manga, manhwa and webtoon projects here

Spoiler

Wew, thanks. The premise looked interesting, but I guess I can skip this one. Too bad.

Big spoilers for people who may not want to go through table-flipping moments

Spoiler

So yeah i wrote it in a hurry 'cause i'm pissed at the path the story has taken so maybe i'm not explaining this well but let's just say that after chapter 10 or so the manga just seems to be about "how to f*cking mentally and physically torture a paraplegic" which is a shame since it started off so well but just continues later on to be this overly dramatic nonsense...

I wonder, is it culturally acceptable in Japan to be this forthright in personal discrimination toward the physically disabled, or is the author taking a risk by portraying not only the main character, but other characters, being openly repelled by it? I'm not saying that Western PC values are universal, but I don't have the cultural knowledge to assess from the Japanese perspective either. Personally, I think it's good to be honest, but courteous, and not hide one's thoughts behind society's strictures out of fear of punishment.

All that to say, I'm intrigued by this story, and I look forward to the next chapter!

wow, only chapter1 so far, but I am loving this story.

Entiendo que los padres se procupen por su salud y de que esté saliendo con una persona que tiene muchas limitaciones. Pero me parece exagerado que no dejen salir a su hija con él porque está en silla de ruedas. Esa forma de ser de los japoneses de intentar no molestar a nadie me pone muy nerviosa, porque creo que esta situación se habrá dado muchas veces en la vida real.

La verdad si fuera mi hija, me sentiria orgullosa de que pueda ver más allá de los impedimentos de estar con una persona que no puede caminar, y que sea capaz de no importarle lo que diga la gente.

Esta bellísima historia es el balance perfecto entre drama y romance que te cautiva por completo. Capítulo a capítulo me enamora más. Muchísimas gracias por traducirla y subirla :).

In English please....thank you so much

Cada cuanto suben los capitulos? 

Questo manga lo trovate in corso in italiano su Manga cosmo

En italiano Please. Gracias por vuestro trabajo ;)

I followed this awhile ago hoping for an English translation

This is really good. Since it's josei, it's got that warm, pinkish, power of love kinda thing, but the disability part isn't watered down at all* and is presented rather realistically. Right from the get-go the male lead is very upfront about what daily life in a wheelchair is like, especially the parts healthy people don't really think about, or try not to (like defecating), and the reality of his situation hits us earlier than I expected. I thought a josei manga would only approach the medical complications derived from chronic immobility once the pairing's love was going strong and steady, as a way to bring drama to the narrative, so the display of bedsores before they started dating took me by surprise. Rather your average josei that deals with two people in love and the human drama that accompanies them, it turnas out that Perfect World is about the dificulties a couple has when one of them is in a wheelchair. The judgement from society, of course, but also the inner demons each of them has to struggle with personaly in order to be a better person and a better partner.

Yup, I like it.

*from what I can tell. I have absolutely zero experience with people on wheelchairs, both in reality and fiction

Me encanta la temática que aborda el manga. Algo agridulce, pero demasiado parecido a la realidad que viven algunas personas. 

Muy bonito el manga, ¡gracias Whitelies Fansub!

Es muy lindo, espero que sigan con el proyecto. Muchisimas gracias por su arduo trabajo.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics