Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 262votes)

Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin

Alt Names: alt Alderamin on the Skyalt ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミンalt 发条精灵战记 天镜的极北之星alt Nejimaki Seirei Senki Tenkyo no Alderaminalt Tenkyou no Alderamin
Author: Uno Bokuto
Artist: Kawakami Taiki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The Katjvarna Empire and the Kioka Republic are at war, and Katjvarna is currently defending their border against Kioka's attacks. Yatorishino is from an influential family in the empire, and she's taking the high ranking officer exams. To make sure she passes at the top, she's convinced lazy, anti-war, girl-crazy Ikuta to take the exams as well and help her, in exchange for a favor from her family. The first, written test goes as planned, and then they head off on a boat for the next. Unfortunately, the boat sinks, and Yatorishino, Ikuta, some other examinees, and a mysterious, important little girl are stranded behind enemy lines! [tethysdust]

adapted from light novel series of the same name
Go to Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Can explain why the princess board the ship ? New Window Pringer-X
  • 2 Replies
Topic No Spoilers: Guess why that girl is mad Game New Window lygarx
  • 6 Replies

503 Comments

Thats the mc i was looking for

LMAO! The Emperor looks like someone who smokes crack. XD

The Emperor looks like he got his life sucked out off him by a succubus, lol.

This MC really cool!!!

He is the MC that we need, but not the one we deserve. 

Usually I can't stand MC getting too emotional, but this guy is different.

LMAO! The Emperor looks like someone who smokes crack. XD

Don't missunderstand, I honestly prefer antihero characthers and sometimes even villan protagonists. My issue is that some people are trying to justify his actions. As said earlier that's impossible unless they're fighting some sort of fanatical regime, so far indications are otherwise. In fact, the behaviour of those soldiers suggest the opposite.

Courtesies of war exist for practical reasons.

Fight out of uniform/looking like civilians? Natrual response is to highly distrust civilians and treat thme as more likely to be combatants, leading to massively increased civilian casualties, see current mid East conflicts.

Feign surrender or otherwise abuse a surrender given? Soldiers will natrually stop giving you the chance to do so, a risk not worth taking. I do believe us marines thought this of the Japanese in WWII. On the flip side, knowing surrender isn't likely to be granted makes people do desperate things, again not good for anyone.

Look, I love me some good antihero/rough characthers as much if not more than the next guy. Just make sure you see them for what they are, at best morally questionable like this manga has been so far, at worst bad guys with nice excuses.

yep completely agree with this. rules of military engagement are there for a reason. as much as i like the manga and the MC as a character in the manga, there is no excusing his actions as a war-time combatant. what they did to that patrol was particularly despicable.

if it were the real world they all (and MC in particular) would rightly be court-martialled.

Actually while he was out of line, he had the direct permission of the princess to speak. 

This.

Why are people forgetting this part? The princess gave him leave to speak his mind. It's a good thing Yatori stopped him, because he was getting too emotional - but nothing would have come off simple words at that point, because he had royal sanction, and based on what we've seen, an imperial princess outranks a general quite comfortably, given the acclaim and regard royalty has in that empire.

Also, the general's words and the expression on his face don't indicate he was rebuking Ikta at all - he's lightly commenting on the fact that Ikta's words lack decorum. To be perfectly honest, he seems to be mostly amused and possibly even happy about Ikta worrying for him.

No I think you don't understand the situation. First, Itka don't want to be in the military, he just want to be librarian, also in the few next chapter you will see that he is capable of being quiet when it's needed, it's just that this case is remembering him of his past (as you can see page 25 at the bottom left).

Also for the general, he is sent to his death by the country he has protected, but his love for his country forbid him from withdrawing, so he choose to let all the young soldiers desert without chasing them, he want to let the youngster live because they are the future of the country, so i think he does really not care when Ikta is lecturing him, I think that in the countrary, he is happy to know that someone understand his sacrifice, and he is happy to see that his country has such a brillant youngster. Neither him nor his officier will arrest the only one who understand their sacrifice. (sorry if there is fault, english is not my main language).

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.  You're discussing the ordeal of the general being sacrificed, I'm discussing how our no manner protagonist lecturing the general.  It doesn't matter if he wants to be a librarian, currently he's applying for the officer school.   There's certain ways to address royalty or people with high authority.  You're thinking in a civilian mind that you can say whatever you want to important figures without no repercussion, that is not the case with the protagonist.  He is not a civilian, he is a graduate applying to an officer school. 

It don't matter what he was lecturing the general about or what the general allowed, it's the point that the felt he can speak his mind in his current position, it's not his place.  If it wasn't for the girl stopping him and the princess giving him the okay to continue, he would have been arrested or worse.  I know the readers like their protagonist with back-bone and I do too, but I don't like when they do it in a disrespectful manner.  It makes them look like idiots to me who can't control their impulses.

Actually while he was out of line, he had the direct permission of the princess to speak. 

I understand that part he was given permission after the outburst, but in the past chapters he even spoke to the princess like that and she's royalty.  I don't know what kind of world allows that.  He has a track record of speaking out toward the wrong people.  Some things you just keep to yourself.

Actually our protagonist should be in prison, there's no way you can disrespect a military officer in front of other military officers and get away with it.  He may have balls, but very stupid and push too far.  I hope he doesn't pull the same maneuver with the Emperor or this story will be short.

He did care or he wouldn't bother mentioning he would get in trouble if he was one of his soldier.  That general was too kind and let a nobody for now try to lecture him.  Our protagonist has no rank or no say to what's going on for now.  What the protagonist did was disrespectful.  I wouldn't care if he was just a civilian, but he's a person applying for the military.  You just don't skip from grunt to calling shots and lecturing.  He won't make it to officer running his mouth, clever officer endure and chose their battle, not run their mouth at each confrontation.  The protagonist has done that multiple times because he didn't like what was said, he needs to get stronger mentally and just be quiet about it.

No I think you don't understand the situation. First, Itka don't want to be in the military, he just want to be librarian, also in the few next chapter you will see that he is capable of being quiet when it's needed, it's just that this case is remembering him of his past (as you can see page 25 at the bottom left).

Also for the general, he is sent to his death by the country he has protected, but his love for his country forbid him from withdrawing, so he choose to let all the young soldiers desert without chasing them, he want to let the youngster live because they are the future of the country, so i think he does really not care when Ikta is lecturing him, I think that in the countrary, he is happy to know that someone understand his sacrifice, and he is happy to see that his country has such a brillant youngster. Neither him nor his officier will arrest the only one who understand their sacrifice. (sorry if there is fault, english is not my main language).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lieutenant General just didn't care. He already knew he was set up to die, and all the men present with him were as well. Whose pride had to be salved with punishment when it was already discarded for duty? Better a gentle reprimand and reminder of the nature of duty and orders in the army so that someday a promising young soldier like Ikta could maybe use his wit and perspicacity as an officer to fix or prevent such messes in the future.

He did care or he wouldn't bother mentioning he would get in trouble if he was one of his soldier.  That general was too kind and let a nobody for now try to lecture him.  Our protagonist has no rank or no say to what's going on for now.  What the protagonist did was disrespectful.  I wouldn't care if he was just a civilian, but he's a person applying for the military.  You just don't skip from grunt to calling shots and lecturing.  He won't make it to officer running his mouth, clever officer endure and chose their battle, not run their mouth at each confrontation.  The protagonist has done that multiple times because he didn't like what was said, he needs to get stronger mentally and just be quiet about it.

Ive found a LN translation of this but it seems behind the manga.  Is there one that is ahead or do i have to suffer a head ache  and read the GT version? (not going to do that)

Actually our protagonist should be in prison, there's no way you can disrespect a military officer in front of other military officers and get away with it.  He may have balls, but very stupid and push too far.  I hope he doesn't pull the same maneuver with the Emperor or this story will be short.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lieutenant General just didn't care. He already knew he was set up to die, and all the men present with him were as well. Whose pride had to be salved with punishment when it was already discarded for duty? Better a gentle reprimand and reminder of the nature of duty and orders in the army so that someday a promising young soldier like Ikta could maybe use his wit and perspicacity as an officer to fix or prevent such messes in the future.

Ikta has the biggest balls in that room. And shame on Yatori for stopping him. PREACH!

Grabbing the lieutenant general by the collar after he already gently warned you about potential punishment isn't the smartest thing to do. These people literally follow procedure to the death. Ikta goes too far, Yatori reins him in and apologizes for him so he doesn't get punished seems to be the pattern.

Imagine being a rankless nobody doing what he did on people with a position of authority. You won't get far unless the plot's on your side.

Well, he was pardoned and told to go on by the person with the highest rank in the room, so he would technically have been fine. But Yatori was also right to stop him at that point, because his emotions were getting the better of him and he was beginning to do something he would doubtlessly later have regretted.

In any case, he did make his point clear, to the general and the princess, so it's not like it's a loss. Given the princess' disposition, she must be feeling pretty bad now that his prediction and analysis - that the general and the senior officers would be sacrifices to effectively save face - turned out to be accurate. Kinda want to see where that goes.

Is anyone else feeling that Yatori's kinda just there, by the way? Ikta's stealing the show. I thought she was a main character, but she hasn't really received more focus than any of the three other test-takers.

Ikta has the biggest balls in that room. And shame on Yatori for stopping him. PREACH!

Grabbing the lieutenant general by the collar after he already gently warned you about potential punishment isn't the smartest thing to do. These people literally follow procedure to the death. Ikta goes too far, Yatori reins him in and apologizes for him so he doesn't get punished seems to be the pattern.

Imagine being a rankless nobody doing what he did on people with a position of authority. You won't get far unless the plot's on your side.

I guess the Emperor will promote Ikta to become a Lieutenant

in your dreams

I guess the Emperor will promote Ikta to become a Lieutenant

Serious political stuff begins...

Godammit, I don't know for you guys, but for me, that chapter 6 was really really good. 

I totally didn't expect the Emperor to use such a heartless Civilization4-like strategy. And Ikta's guesses are just OP.

The MC is OP. He's gonna get a debuff soon.

It was awesome

Don't get worked up all by yourself and loosen up like the MC. Trust me. No one wants to read a manga where the MC gives up at the get go by followin' all the rules, becoming a prisoner of war AND losing the princess without doing anything cool. This is chapter 5, the MC will only get more unconventional from here on in.

Just chop it up to that one saying, all is fair in love and war. You can only say this kind of stuff because you've never been in such a situation, I believe the MC reacted naturally given the circumstances... On second thought, no one is that cool, he's too OP.

Don't missunderstand, I honestly prefer antihero characthers and sometimes even villan protagonists. My issue is that some people are trying to justify his actions. As said earlier that's impossible unless they're fighting some sort of fanatical regime, so far indications are otherwise. In fact, the behaviour of those soldiers suggest the opposite.

Courtesies of war exist for practical reasons.

Fight out of uniform/looking like civilians? Natrual response is to highly distrust civilians and treat thme as more likely to be combatants, leading to massively increased civilian casualties, see current mid East conflicts.

Feign surrender or otherwise abuse a surrender given? Soldiers will natrually stop giving you the chance to do so, a risk not worth taking. I do believe us marines thought this of the Japanese in WWII. On the flip side, knowing surrender isn't likely to be granted makes people do desperate things, again not good for anyone.

Look, I love me some good antihero/rough characthers as much if not more than the next guy. Just make sure you see them for what they are, at best morally questionable like this manga has been so far, at worst bad guys with nice excuses.

The MC is OP. He's gonna get a debuff soon.

It was awesome

Don't get worked up all by yourself and loosen up like the MC. Trust me. No one wants to read a manga where the MC gives up at the get go by followin' all the rules, becoming a prisoner of war AND losing the princess without doing anything cool. This is chapter 5, the MC will only get more unconventional from here on in. 

Just chop it up to that one saying, all is fair in love and war. You can only say this kind of stuff because you've never been in such a situation, I believe the MC reacted naturally given the circumstances... On second thought, no one is that cool, he's too OP.

Kira yamato in Gundam seed, even with his ability, conection, and weapon avoid as much as possible killing enemies.

Naruto, goku, edward erric also don't want kill their enemy even if they evil.

Many MC in popular series always try to bring justice without killing

I think he was going to have someone else decide, but then when it was revealed that they slipped past the border on his watch he either had to take responsibility for that or try to handle the balloon situation.

Imagine a country where refugees cross border on daily basis. No big issues so far, and it doesn't look like a threat or big deal as we welcome them. One day a group of refugees slipped in and caused a big fuss and somehow took over a police's vehicle. From this, IMHO the border immigration is hardly to blame, but the police for being incompetent. And if someone really wants to blame the immigration, it's not for letting "this group" in, but for the whole lot of intake refugees, which has never been complained before.

So I think the camp leader's fault is minor. I had to spend some time to conclude this, but if it's my line of work, I can tell almost instantly which part is my responsibility. Base on this, if I can calmly judge and act (as the camp leader) ...

1. Follow rules/guidebooks. It's the best excuse. :D

2. And if some bull happens, just try to push the blame to others. Well, this is what the air unit guy did.

3. In case that I might really have to take responsibility for someone's false, I may or may not try to fix it by doing some misdeed myself (base on my guts.)

4. But the most important part is to hold the one responsible for that false under watch. This means I will either send some more troops along the group that crossing the border back (and the troops will get killed), or keep the MC at the base and let the refugees back (and the MC will somehow burns the base and gets away in the midst of confusion. Seriously, it's doable in this kind of settings where the soldiers don't act like they're at war. The worst part is their mindset where they tend to believe anyone as long as there are some backup stories.)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics