Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 649votes)

Sengoku Youko

Alt Names: alt 戦国妖狐
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Stop your evil deeds and take the right path!" That is the creed of Youko Tama and her younger step brother, Jinka Sendou. The two demon siblings travel the country to stop the deeds of all evil doers, along with a scaredy-cat swordsman they picked up along the way, Hyoudou Shinsuke. During their travels, they will come across a monk organization with more than suspicious methods and they'll soon be at war.
Go to Sengoku Youko Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It's been a good ride New Window Arnarinn
  • 3 Replies
Topic Jinnun VS Douren New Window Maiyahii
  • 0 Replies

766 Comments

He did have an eye patch. Maybe severed the connection by removal of the eye?

Either that, or

Spoiler

Loved the ending. Yet another great manga by Mizukami Satoshi. I don't know of another mangaka with a similarly consistent track record of greatness.

About the only big question that remains unanswered for me is this:

Spoiler

Any theories?

He did have an eye patch. Maybe severed the connection by removal of the eye?

Loved the ending. Yet another great manga by Mizukami Satoshi. I don't know of another mangaka with a similarly consistent track record of greatness.

Spoiler

Any theories?

The link to his brother was through his eyes. His right eye was the fairy eye, and his brother's left. He has an eyepatch on his left eye in the epilogue. Either he tore out the eye to cut the connection or the curse was only able to kill his eye because he became more powerful.

Spoiler

Any theories?

read final chapter, then read chapter 52 again

http://vatoto.com/reader#235f17a41a54db28_3

http://vatoto.com/reader#235f17a41a54db28_4

mind=blown

this is almost like the same level as sayonaya zetsubou sensei's 7 years warning

i fucking love this author

I've been following this since 2011. So the ending for me Just makes me feel extremely nostalgic, happy, sad, and empty. It's really funny how a story becomes more than just a story as you read along. From start to finish, I loved this series and definitely recommend you give it a read, because I'll makes sure to do it again .

Mizukami-sensei keeps surprising me. Damn this was so good...

I will miss this q.q

Very rare that I get emotional over a manga ending.

This is what makes a great writer: not to be temped to turn your work into an endless episodic chain, basically an obscene amount of filler chapters without moving the actual story an inch. 

Thank you scanlators for your work. I ve imported a set of Spirit Circle, waiting for the last book this June, and s planning to do the same with Sengoku Youko. 

I am thoroughly convinced Mizukami Satoshi is uncapable of writing something bad. At least as a long series.

He balances out comedy, drama, love and a lot more while keeping a consistent tone in extremely creative settings with vibrant characters, lots of personality and a stunning ammount of care and attention to detail. Sengoku Youko is no different, so I am sorry if this sounds too broad but this, Hoshi no Samidare and Spirit Circle reach similar heights precisely because they display his strengths so well. Not to say there aren't elements unique to Sengoku Youko that make it great, but you might say they are all good for different reasons, but reach excellence for the same reason.

I have absurdly high expectations for his next work. Hope I can have as much of a blast with it as I had with Sengoku Youko

It was a fun ride.

Man look at the time, so many adventures yet its already end. I thought this kind of manga will keep going on like inuyasha but i was wrong, it has pretty damn good ending too.

Is like saying goodbye to an old friend. 

Goodbye.

It was a long road but a happy ending.  Looking forward to his next work, though after Spirit Circle I have pretty damn high expectations.

And another one done. Thank you for everything.

It was a good run. I feel so happy finishing this.

The feels.

This author has the best endings. There isn't just one big climatic battle but instead the gradual closing of their stories. These characters will be remembered, not because of who they are and what they have done, but what they made us readers feel.

Almost 7 years since the first chapter. It's been a good ride.

Been awhile since a series got me emotional. Can't wait until his next work.

Can't wait for the author's next series

Mizukami Satoshi is God and I'm totally ok with that.

God damn it, I cried.  It's always a roller coaster with this series, right through the epilogue.

Welp I was wrong, it seems snow woman wins in the end after all.

Not in any sense of the word.  With Tsukiko, he lived with her her whole life, had children with her, and treasured her.  With Setsu, he meets her once every decade or so, has some tea and gives her the slip.  If that is considered "winning", it's a low threshold for success.

Kazamatsuri Shinsuke is my hero.

probably knew he didn't killed him but make him useless, that's how awesome Shinsuke is ...
he's turned into my favorite character of all time 

Spoiler

tl;dr Mizukami-sensei is great and make an awesome manga, with one of the best character ever made Takekichi aka Kazamatsuri "the one that befriends the darkness" Shinsuke

beautiful.

simply... beautiful.

Freaking awesome. After it finished, all I am doing is grinning and thinking that I am in love with this author.

When the MCs changed, I was irritated but he made it work really good and the ending was absosutely amazing. One of the best manga ever. Definitely going to reread this a lot of times as days, months and years go by.

It really is a pleasant story, heartwarming and an amazing development.

Loved all the characters and the the whole world the author created. A true masterpiece.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics