Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 24votes)

Grisaia no Kajitsu - L'oiseau bleu

Alt Names: alt グリザイアの果実~L'Oiseau bleu~alt Le Fruit de la Grisaia - L'oiseau bleualt The Fruit of Grisaia - Blue Bird
Author: Front Wing & fujisaku Junichi
Artist: Himeno Taka
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mihama Academy - on the surface, a closed learning environment established to nurture students who find themselves at odds with the world around them; in actuality, an orchard-cum-prison built to preserve fruit that has fallen too far from its tree.

Whatever the circumstances behind its establishment, Mihama Academy is at present home to five female students, all with their own reasons for "enrollment." For better or worse, each girl has established a routine obliging of her current situation; life moves at an idle, yet accommodating pace within the walls of Mihama.

Yet with the arrival of the institute's first male student, the nearly preposterously opaque Kazami Yuuji, the students at Mihama begin to fall out of step with their predetermined rhythms. Will Yuuji prove to be the element the girls around him needed to take hold of their lives once more, or will the weight of their pasts prove too steep a wall to overcome?

Based on the visual novel of the same name by Front Wing.

Alternate Story:
Grisaia no Kajitsu - Sanctuary Fellows
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/grisaia-no-kajitsu-sanctuary-fellows-r8532
Go to Grisaia no Kajitsu - L'oiseau bleu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Need a Cleaner for the series New Window MaxLemon
  • 0 Replies
Topic So anyone actually played the first game at least? New Window lygarx
  • 7 Replies

50 Comments

You're implying the anime wasn't utter shit. 

Kek. At this point, diverging from the Kajitsu anime doesn't mean much, as the anime adaptation was a horrendous attempt. I can't tell what's worse: this season's Denpa Kyoushi adaptation or the Grisaia no Kajitsu adaptation.

Being fair, the first three episodes of Kajitsu is alright.

At least Meikyuu / Rakuen adaptation is pretty good (Especially Meikyuu with Yuuji and Asako's flasback)

im still hesitating to read this manga

dont have another space for harem tragedy combo with mind fucked

I was disappointed that Sachi's introduction was different than anime but the whole re-tsundere thing is just gold.

Spoiler

You're implying the anime wasn't utter shit. 

Kek. At this point, diverging from the Kajitsu anime doesn't mean much, as the anime adaptation was a horrendous attempt. I can't tell what's worse: this season's Denpa Kyoushi adaptation or the Grisaia no Kajitsu adaptation.

I was disappointed that Sachi's introduction was different than anime but the whole re-tsundere thing is just gold.

Spoiler

so..... was the word wrong? if it so, shouldnt it be fixed?

if it isnt, i think i was wrong to expect smut in this manga

The word is correct, just not used in a way you might be expecting. See this explanation.

As MaxLemon said, Sanctuary Fellows has a lot more sex and nudity than this title; this one is more just non-nude fanservice. However, there will be a bit of smut in this manga, too - just a little bit. Although, again, probably not in the way you might be expecting ^_^

Sanctuary Fellows has the smut tag.

Scared the shit outta me. I post 'cum' in my typesets sometimes and I thought I did it here too.

From my translator,

Ahhhh, Makina...

Q6dojY2.jpg?1

Many thanks. How about some cool shark pouch as the reward?

yes pls :>

@MaxLemon

Thanks for chapter 3 :)

Once we finish Sanctuary Fellows, we'll be working on Meikyuu.

Q6dojY2.jpg?1

Many thanks. How about some cool shark pouch as the reward?

Well, I personally say that this version will take the "Prologue of Grisaia" and the "Yumiko´s Route", because "L'Oiseau Bleu" is the title of the final chapter (Good End) of her route. Yumiko is also the main heroine although her route is not my favorite but it is equally interesting.

So this manga tells the prologue of Kajitsu which is about how the girls came into the academy. Since Meikyuu is still untranslated this is the best we can get right now.

Once we finish Sanctuary Fellows, we'll be working on Meikyuu.

L'Oiseau bleu

That's the name of the french language textbook we used in middle school. Too bad I don't remember anything except it's name

So this manga tells the prologue of Kajitsu which is about how the girls came into the academy. Since Meikyuu is still untranslated this is the best we can get right now.

What does no Kajitsu and L'oiseau bleu mean?

Kajitsu means fruit. "no" is a japanese particle that can be translated by "of" in this context. L'oiseau bleu, like Slipstream said, means the blue bird. Most likely a reference to the play of the same name. The story follows two kids looking for the Bluebird of Happiness. It was adapted into anime in the 80's. Lots of pathos.

L'oiseau Bleu directly translated from French is "The Blue Bird"

Also that Kajitsu is supposed to be "Fruit" instead

I think it was in the alt name ?

L'oiseau Bleu directly translated from French is "The Blue Bird"

@MaxLemon

Thanks for the release.

It's definitely not the cum you're thinking about, the one being used is a literary term to denote something that has two functions.

I didnt read this yet, but im intrigue, orchard-cum-prison... what?

Scared the shit outta me. I post 'cum' in my typesets sometimes and I thought I did it here too.

From my translator,

--Internal note: “Grisaille” is a French word that refers to paintings done in monochrome. It’s a creative translation for the Japanese 灰色, which literally means “grey” or “ash-colored”. I actually used this particular translation for 灰色 in a line in Chiru Chiru Michiru once before. I liked it then, because “grisaille” is the word from which “Grisaia” is formed (it’s even pronounced with the “lle” silent), so it was sort of a fun reference to the series title. I like it even more here, because it’s French, and the title of this manga is French; and because it’s a painting term, and Yumiko is a painter. Basically, I think this word is really perfect to use here, although it may be unknown to many readers. Hopefully they’ll look it up.

I didnt read this yet, but im intrigue, orchard-cum-prison... what?

*follows for the tragedy tag*

wonder which route this one will follow?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics