Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.8 - 30votes)

Nageki no Marie

Alt Names: alt 嘆きのマリー
Author: Yanai Wakana
Artist: Yanai Wakana
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mariko was tormented by a boy during her primary school days for her flashy appearance, and has dressed plainly ever since. What happens when she ends up meeting her bully again as she becomes a high-school student?
Go to Nageki no Marie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

11 Comments

Grazie anche per questo (≧∀≦)

già mi piace un sacco! grazie SNshoujo per le traduzioni *w*

That last page on chapter 4 seemed like a page to a different chapter.

That's because the very last page is our recruitment page ^^

That last page on chapter 4 seemed like a page to a different chapter.

It's so pervasive because it's actually a pretty true to life deal. 

Yeah and the fact that it's true to life is messed up. It's become a norm that boys teasing girls in grade school=not knowing how to deal with their feelings/liking the girl. It makes sense because the boys are still kids so they haven't learned but it's really not right...

It's really annoying that this continues the trope of boys bullying girls they like

It's so pervasive because it's actually a pretty true to life deal. Bullying and other weird roughhousing type things is a very typical pattern on how elementary school boys interact with girls they're interested in. Jeez, I remember this happening to me in my elementary school days, only to learn much later I was messed with so much because they didn't know how to interact with me. I mean sure manga tends to play up the level a bit, but at its foundation it's a very true imitation of real life.

The main girl makes me want to shove a nail through my skull sometimes though.

It's really annoying that this continues the trope of boys bullying girls they like but the way he's straight forward about it and so frank about his attitude; even willing to try and amend in an aggressive-ish way...Gosh I hate how this is working on me and making me like this manga so far. I can't not read it now. Must be due to me reading a bunch of shounen, slice of life, comedic, and not at all bubbly and fluffy mangas as of late (I'm low on cliche shoujo)

Generic but it's shoujo manga magic ::wink::

Thanks Summer Rain!

Ugh. Tastes unpleasant, like a half-eaten microwave pizza left in the trash. Greasy and generic and slightly rotten. Guy used to bully MC as a kid, hasn't grown up at all, doesn't care about how she felt then or feels now, is never challenged in the slightest. Girl gets pushed around, overruled, insulted, generally treated like a non-person by literally every character, somehow takes it as a compliment because of crippling self-esteem issues. Is challenged frequently, but only when she fails to meet the selfish expectations of others, and only receives any kind of positive reinforcement when she changes herself to conform to the standards of others. Twisted.

This general plotline is one of the basic staples of shojo; girl is plain and unpopular because of some past experience, meets attractive and cheeky guy, falls in love and transforms into a beauty. It's been done a million times, in a million different ways, and continues to resonate strongly with readers, both as light, oneshot fluff, and long, angsty dramas. It's hardly a bad thing to follow a known archetype, especially one as ubiquitous as this; however, when the formula is this well-known, and this precisely mapped out, to end up with something as sour and mean-spirited as this is just inexcusable.
The starting setting is quite similar to another fav of mine, but I don't mind going for more~

Not a bad start. Putting a follow to see where this ends up. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics