Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 63votes)

Kengai Princess

Alt Names: alt 圏外プリンセス
Author: Aida Natsumi
Artist: Aida Natsumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meguro Mito has always been made fun of for her chubby appearance. Her sole happiness is discussing her favorite role-play game with her two best friends. One day, while she is being bullied, a handsome classmate saves her. Is this the beginning of her first love?
Go to Kengai Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

195 Comments

Think this is going to be a

Spoiler
story.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Wow, now THAT'S a twist. Who knew

Spoiler

Mm... I'm getting the distinct impression Maru is not exactly a nice girl.

I love how the friendship problem doesn't involve love triangle. I don't like mc at first but now i love watching her grow :D

Think this is going to be a [spoiler] reverse Bros Before Hoes [/spoiler] story. [spoiler] Chicks before dicks?!?.....Sorry.. :( [/spoiler]

I love how the friendship problem doesn't involve love triangle. I don't like mc at first but now i love watching her grow :D

I'm finding this new subplot a little stressful, but at the same time I kind of like that it involves a different dimension of life from romance and brings her friends forward.

It's another one of those vaguely-neotenous beauty conventions that get rather creepy if you think about it too much. It's like having no hair on your arms and legs, or making your eyes seem bigger, or your cheekbones look higher - traits that are commonly thought of as attractive and feminine, and coincidentally happen to describe most children. So eyebrows, which tend to grow thicker and darker during puberty, are by random chance and definitely nothing else thought of as more beautiful when they're shaped to look thinner and more delicate. The fact that these inexplicably adolescent beauty guidelines are mostly applied to women, while assumptions about attractive masculine traits tend to include lots of features that develop after puberty, as adults, is also a great mystery that bears no implications and can never be explained.

The boyish girl/child look is idealized by other women and gay men, not straight men. Most straight men really love fat asses, big breasts and thick thighs, all things that happen to women after puberty. I think it's important to note that a lot of these beauty tips, like the ones in the magazine the main character read, are written by women for other women without much regards or input from men. It's why the female cast of the comic noticed her changes versus the male characters (who are non existent or have been shown to say nothing).

OK, I for one have never understood what's supposed to be so great about making your eyebrows tiny.  Like, some beauty things I understand why it looks better to do whatever but I feel like too much effort is put in . . . but the eyebrows thing I don't even get why "after" is supposed to be better than "before" at all.

It's another one of those vaguely-neotenous beauty conventions that get rather creepy if you think about it too much. It's like having no hair on your arms and legs, or making your eyes seem bigger, or your cheekbones look higher - traits that are commonly thought of as attractive and feminine, and coincidentally happen to describe most children. So eyebrows, which tend to grow thicker and darker during puberty, are by random chance and definitely nothing else thought of as more beautiful when they're shaped to look thinner and more delicate.

The fact that these inexplicably adolescent beauty guidelines are mostly applied to women, while assumptions about attractive masculine traits tend to include lots of features that develop after puberty, as adults, is also a great mystery that bears no implications and can never be explained.

Ever seen someone with badly drawn/plucked eyebrows who looks perpetually surprised or angry? They frame your eyes and cleaning up the bottoms can give you a more wide eyed and awake look, or making them thinner and lower can make you look more serious or sultry.It's also one of the easiest ways to start getting into makeup without having a lot of tools or makeup. 

yes indeed, eyebrow can be part of your "characteristic" appearance (even though some of them are contrast with their own 'characteristic') and at some (probably most) women's completely erase their eyebrow for reason.
for me as an (your average) artist, eyebrow is the easiest way to express someone emotion, feeling and characteristic (obviously)

OK, I for one have never understood what's supposed to be so great about making your eyebrows tiny.  Like, some beauty things I understand why it looks better to do whatever but I feel like too much effort is put in . . . but the eyebrows thing I don't even get why "after" is supposed to be better than "before" at all.

Ever seen someone with badly drawn/plucked eyebrows who looks perpetually surprised or angry? They frame your eyes and cleaning up the bottoms can give you a more wide eyed and awake look, or making them thinner and lower can make you look more serious or sultry.It's also one of the easiest ways to start getting into makeup without having a lot of tools or makeup. 

LMAO! Her face is priceless.XD

Huh, is it just me, or was the first chapter taken from Chinese raws or something?

Huh, then again, it seems that there's some hiragana mixed in here and there as well.

I'm going to guess it's a scanlation using Chinese scanlations then?

well i was kinda put off by the obsession delusion thing but idk it seems to be getting better. i like the male lead a lot ^^

Hmm ... kinda like this one. Followed. :)

Those 2 recent chapters make me wonder if Kunimatsu is a third grader.

Holy moly, the "Everything is going perfectly.... too perfectly" meter is going off the charts!! We need to get rid of this excessive foreboding before the place blows!!!!

I misjudged Masuki. She's a good girl.
Ahaha, the guy was kinda blandly nice, to begin with, but he's gotten super adorable in these last couple of chapters. If this is the kind of personality he has, he might actually be a really good match for Meguro. That said, I'm going to be pretty mad if he's raising all these flags for no reason. He's being a little too overtly interested to pull off the "sorry I only think of you as a friend oh no wait I just figured out I love you" trick, you know? It'll work better as a "stop telling yourself you're ugly and unlovable and let me kiss you already" sort of development, if the author wants to set up a twisty emotional climax. Fingers crossed for something interesting, I guess.

Yuri flag raised?!

Lol just kidding, won't be happening in a shoujo manga like this. But hmm, the friend felt left out? The drama is coming.

You go girlfriend!

The only problem I have with her is that she's a little too boy crazed.....

Which is pretty common amongst teenagers

Yo that male lead's a cool guy. Like, a genuinely likable dude, which doesn't happen in a lot of shoujo.

Well, the newest chapter showed so much more about the guys personality. Before, he was just, 'meh' to me, but now he's an 'oh'. I hope he becomes an adjective soon. 

She prob gonna see blondie sabotaging or something. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics