Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 63votes)

Kengai Princess

Alt Names: alt 圏外プリンセス
Author: Aida Natsumi
Artist: Aida Natsumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meguro Mito has always been made fun of for her chubby appearance. Her sole happiness is discussing her favorite role-play game with her two best friends. One day, while she is being bullied, a handsome classmate saves her. Is this the beginning of her first love?
Go to Kengai Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

195 Comments

Oh my gosh, the last chapter had me tearing up so badly. It's so refreshing. 

i think that was probably handled in the best way possible

Masuki is kind of cool, I think I'm in love 

A nice little bit of character development for Masuki. She was a bit cool this last chapter, I think she became a little gentler after their visit to the amusement park. She does still speak with sharper words, but I like that she is straightforward and self-assured. The character herself is a nice foil to Mito.

Am i the only one that want less love based chapter? I think this manga is better if focused on friendship and self improvement and make love a bonus....

Seiya lookalike will be in the school she'll be accepted in, calling it now.

This is weird. Conflict doesn't last more than 2-3 chapters. I like it.

Am I the only one that wishes the nerdy guy with glasses that seats near her would become a love interest? It would be refreshing.

While it might be interesting, I feel that a true triangle would obliterate this manga. It's already bad enough that the beanie girls is there, but another dude falling for her just seems stupid.
And refreshing you say? Aren't losers typically the male protags these days?
Oh my God, it's like watamote without all the cringe and pain! I'm gonna die!

the delusions are hilarious partially because i remember having similar ones when i was young haha 

Am I the only one that wishes the nerdy guy with glasses that seats near her would become a love interest? It would be refreshing.

It would be funny if one chapter shows him on focus, and he would be the male version of the MC and trying to approach her all the time. 

I just hope it doesn't unwind after subverting all my expectations positively

I can't hold all these fukken' feels. Where has this shoujo been all my life. 

I really like shoujo when it doesn't focus only on love, when it makes me laugh or at least when it doesn't follow the diagram...
Spoiler
I just hope this manga remain the way it was until now and that's why I hope that 3D Seiya doesn't become part of the main cast.... Well, thank you Dragonee for all your hard work and effort!

Friends friends frieeends!!!

Hurrah!

"Girls that look like boys" usually doesn't happen in real life.

Spoiler

Seems like natural beauty doesn't really happen anymore, and face seems to be just a "farce" of misspelling "fake", concerning the make-up hype nowadays to set new "beauty standards" that are far away from reality. Maybe that's another thing to consider when reading the title: Outsider princess [could be the name of a manga about a female "yankee"...], because all those fakers make it hard for the protagonists to be true to themselves...

Regional/cultural matter. Social norms is a biiiig topic.

Spoiler

IMO, the point here is more that Mito wants to gain confidence, and presentation is perhaps the 'easiest' way to gain confidence (or the first thing we/she think/s of). "I want to be pretty/look good so I can stop worrying about how people see me."  What struck me here though is where Mito thinks, while looking in the mirror after applying make-up, "If I can avoid looking at all the stuff I dislike, maybe I'll like myself more." (Paraphrasing here.) I can definitely see the author using this over and over again and having Mito realize that avoiding it won't make her like herself more, like with

Spoiler
If anything, that's what is nagging at me so far with this story. 

It's eerie how much I relate to Maru-chan's feelings
Not only does this manga have a cute romance with a love interest who seems like a decent person, but also a true to life and sweet friendship plot! I am getting the warm fuzzies over here ...

Wow, I didn't know that all the models and most of the fashion industry was made up of holograms.

The boyish girl/child look is idealized by other women and gay men, not straight men. Most straight men really love fat asses, big breasts and thick thighs, all things that happen to women after puberty. I think it's important to note that a lot of these beauty tips, like the ones in the magazine the main character read, are written by women for other women without much regards or input from men. It's why the female cast of the comic noticed her changes versus the male characters (who are non existent or have been shown to say nothing).

Spoiler

Seems like natural beauty doesn't really happen anymore, and face seems to be just a "farce" of misspelling "fake", concerning the make-up hype nowadays to set new "beauty standards" that are far away from reality. Maybe that's another thing to consider when reading the title: Outsider princess [could be the name of a manga about a female "yankee"...], because all those fakers make it hard for the protagonists to be true to themselves...

I like how this shoujo is about a genuinely plain girl working to improve her self-esteem. It's nice at how real it is.

Spoiler

First they're "friends with benefits", and now they're a "threesome". I think the translator's trying to tell us something here.

Spoiler

honestly i really feel like  i can relate with how maru-chan's feelings.... That's being paranoid stuff is really.... somethings that would normally happened between a group of 3 or more... Tbh the friendship factor is much more of a treat than the romance factor imho huehuehue 

I like how this shoujo is about a genuinely plain girl working to improve her self-esteem. It's nice at how real it is.
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics