Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 67votes)

Gunnm Mars Chronicle

Alt Names: alt Battle Angel Alita: Martian War Chroniclesalt 銃夢火星戦記alt Gunnm Kasei Senki
Author: Kishiro Yukito
Artist: Kishiro Yukito
Genres: Action ActionSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Third part of the Gunnm series after Gunnm and Gunnm Last Order.
Go to Gunnm Mars Chronicle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic German Lesson 3 ;) New Window x5c0d3
  • 2 Replies
Topic One more translation fault (Chapter 7) New Window x5c0d3
  • 6 Replies
Topic Small translation fault New Window x5c0d3
  • 0 Replies

156 Comments

Is that Colonel Payne I'm seeing here on that last page?

Erf, it's one thing to watch random adults get mowed down, but orphans? That's like kicking a puppy, picking it back up, then kicking it into a blender.

Man, the author doesn't pull any punches, does he? That was completely merciless. 

I hope Alita can save those children. Though that panicking girl will probably die. They always do. 

That said, I am so happy Gunnm is back. I love this manga. 

Yoko is no hero. She is a child and will be raised as killer.

It bugs me a little how the chapters end trying to persuade us that Alita is in danger when we all know this is a prequel and that she's going to survive.

It bugs you? lmao really? Just because she survives doesn't mean she isn't in danger ... the whole point of this backstory is to show you the struggle and dangers she's had to face since she was a child. That being said, she is in danger ... never forget the state she was found in at the beginning of the first series.

Man, the author doesn't pull any punches, does he? That was completely merciless. 

I hope Alita can save those children. Though that panicking girl will probably die. They always do. 

Predictable but still brutal.

I really wish there was a first or third person action/shooter game based on this series.

It bugs me a little how the chapters end trying to persuade us that Alita is in danger when we all know this is a prequel and that she's going to survive.

But didn't she leave the ZOTT with an adult body? I know she left her 'human side' with Figure-Four and the good Doc Ido, but iirc she was running with that OP Imaginos body?

Unless she and that Zen monk borg did some crazy karma reincarnation thing. I doubt it, but...

I meant all of her time on mars, before and after. So eventually I think it'll jump ahead to after Last Order. I could have worded that first comment better.

But didn't she leave the ZOTT with an adult body? I know she left her 'human side' with Figure-Four and the good Doc Ido, but iirc she was running with that OP Imaginos body?

Unless she and that Zen monk borg did some crazy karma reincarnation thing. I doubt it, but...

OK, to make it clear, the story we have been reading (Gunnm Mars Chronicle) so far is Erika's memories or something but in any case it's the past of Yoko (I think it's just the story of her past). These events take place just after Gunnm Last Order chapter 1 from what we know till now. 

I suppose later in the story we'll see Alita (or Gally) on Mars in the present. She will probably go meet Frau-X who said she would wait for her on this planet ... (Sorry if there are mistakes because I'm not fluent in English).

My little battle angel can't be this cute

I'm thinking it's just telling about all of her time on mars. Meaning her time there after Last Order.

Spoiler

The Little Queen knows how to inspire folks, that's for damned sure.

newest chapter! thanks to pixie and kike for translating!

Pretty sure it's not going to be a full-on prequel and the part we're seeing right now is just a lengthy flashback type of thing. Could be wrong, but that's what I seemed to have read a while ago and the cover art seems to imply as much.

I'm thinking it's just telling about all of her time on mars. Meaning her time there after Last Order.

Grampa Yvon be trippin'...

After this, ain't no one gonna be wondering why Alita grew up to be the combat monster she is. 

Grampa Yvon be trippin'...

The last official English release version, volume 19, released this past September. As always, it didn't answer all the questions and raised some more. I was wondering if the story was going to continue but a prequel is just as good. We'll finally know Alita's past. :>

Thanks to Pixie and KIKE for translating! 

Pretty sure it's not going to be a full-on prequel and the part we're seeing right now is just a lengthy flashback type of thing. Could be wrong, but that's what I seemed to have read a while ago and the cover art seems to imply as much.

I really want to have my own remote controlled Yoko now :3

wait...what? Last Order ended? When?

The last official English release version, volume 19, released this past September. As always, it didn't answer all the questions and raised some more. I was wondering if the story was going to continue but a prequel is just as good. We'll finally know Alita's past. :>

Thanks to Pixie and KIKE for translating! 

Back in January (In Japan anyway) :P

And, here you go Part 1 of 2 of ch.2, part 2 of the chapter should be released this week and we'll have it out as soon as we can^^

Hundreds marvelous manga come out, but no one can beat beyond human wildest fantasy alita! Even james cameron want to produce alita the movie! Can't patiently waiting alita the movie playing in the 3D theater! 

You are outdoing yourself with all these notes, guys. Good job!

wasn't that serie suposed to star publication last summer ?

Last Order has ended this January. How could its sequel begin the previous summer?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics