Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 79votes)

The Little Match Girl

Alt Names: alt 火柴少女alt Macchi Shoujoalt Продавец спичекalt دخترک کبریت فروش
Author: Suzuki Sanami
Artist: Suzuki Sanami
Genres: Fantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Money. Power. Fame. Everyone has something they want, and Rin the match peddler is here to offer you your wildest dreams on a silver platter. All you have to do to get everything you've ever wanted is light a match, but be careful; play with fire, and you might get burned.
Go to The Little Match Girl Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

90 Comments

Spoiler

I was reading this chapter with the initial feeling of "aw, how sweet, I wonder how the matches will fuck up their lives". Now this was a sucker punch I'll gladly take.

I felt the same way : p

I was reading this chapter with the initial feeling of "aw, how sweet, I wonder how the matches will fuck up their lives". Now this was a sucker punch I'll gladly take.

I feel like there was a manga with a similar premise at some point, though I can't remember the name. There was also a girl involved, and she was collecting... human malice? Or something of the sort. In order to save her brother. I think. It's probably in my follow list somewhere....

Edit - Found it earlier on in the comments.

well, it was interesting I guess. reminded me a little of http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/mahou-gyoushounin-roma-r554

All the story so far is very predictable but the delivery by the mangaka is very good mmm...

The Little Match Girl from H.C.Andersen didn't have a Good Ending. I don't expect any of these stories to have one either.

Good Endings are relative.

The Little Match Girl by H.C.Andersen DOES have a Good Ending. Its just that most people/interpretations hold the naive perspective of "oh, poor girl, she died because no one helped/saved her", when the original conclusion to the story is "she's in a better place now and everyone else is left to stew in their own hypocrisy."

Maybe I'm the only one worried about this, but...

Spoiler

They are all one shot stories. (as far as I'm aware they won't be coming back. Or maybe they will have follow ups in volume 2 ? I'm not sure haven't looked at it...

Maybe I'm the only one worried about this, but...

Spoiler

It's not the exact same thing but sometimes, the manga reminds me of Delusion Tax by DECO*27 lol

Hrm... is it that Rin always manage to find people who can't contain the potential of the matches...

or is it that everyone who obtains the matches will always end in that way...

Remember kids, don't play with fire especially when it creates magic effects you can't control and it even costs part of your life upfront.

The only good monolgue from it, sadly. That ass, though.

What manga is that from?

Shionomiya Ayane wa Machigaenai.

Spoiler

What manga is that from?

The Little Match Girl from H.C.Andersen didn't have a Good Ending. I don't expect any of these stories to have one either.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The artstyle is really lovely mmm...

And the story is quite cliche but still enticing mmm...

Damn, that end to chapter 2.  From the first two chapters I don't think many of these stories are going to have simple lesson learned ending to them.

this could be a good manga

hope it will develop like this manga http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/chocolat-no-mahou-r9427

This is interesting.

It has a potential to be another "Mind Game" story such as Liar Game, Death Note, Bloody Monday. Depends on the author himself

I'm glad this series got picked up again. I'm really liking its style...

I feel the writing is a bit...well... wrong, with the wish/fantasy thing, but other than that, it seems pretty interesting with potential

Oh, did a scanlation group pick this up? Nice to see. Heres to hoping the quality from the one-shot does drop. (The mangaka's, not the scanlator's)

Her head is huge.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics