Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 647votes)

The New Gate

Alt Names: alt ザ·ニューゲートalt Η καινούρια Πύλη
Author: Kazanami Shinogi
Artist: Miwa Yoshiyuki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "THE NEW GATE", an online game that had turned into a death game, was now releasing the tens of thousands of players that had been dragged into it, thanks to the efforts of Shin, one of the oldest players. But after he had defeated the last boss and freed everyone, he was swallowed up by a strange light and found himself inside the game world 500 years in the future.

adaptation of the web novel of the same name

Original raw:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/428000082/
Go to The New Gate Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is TNG a sequel? New Window Jaded
  • 8 Replies
Topic What do they mean with "Death Game"? New Window PaterFrog
  • 8 Replies
Topic Manga Raws for everybody!! New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Any other manga with similar plot? New Window chulex67
  • 22 Replies
Topic Is This a monthly release? New Window Aizawa
  • 4 Replies
Topic Light Novel New Window xatoatox
  • 8 Replies

1044 Comments

Compared to the light novels, the illustrations here are really ugly...

Spoiler

If you had to draw like that for every page and panel... you'd want to quit being an mangaka. The badass beautiful cover art is meant to draw people's gazes. Leading to someone picking it up and reading it. Anyways it's meant to increase the potential readers.

It's really not viable for manga. As when there's more details to draw in leading to increased time to produce more chapters. The editor would probably kill the mangaka if he or she took too long with each chapter.

Any one know what the release schedule might be like for this? Monthly, Bi-weekly, Weekly?

Try close to monthy.

Main heroine/first harem member: check!

P.S. Is the novel being translated?

Spoiler

Wow. That Gap. 

Usually I see slight changes. Like, the manga art is a bit of a drop from the LN art. But. Wow.

That is amazing. 

Is it a novel type

Can someone give me the link to the light novel.

Spoiler

Any one know what the release schedule might be like for this? Monthly, Bi-weekly, Weekly?

Based on the magazine the raws are apparently from: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/ I'm 99% certain it is monthly.

surprisingly detailed artwork compared to other works from this magazine

Yay, I love stories where the setting is a game! Or a game-turned-reality. Looking forward to where this goes. Always a sucker for OP mc's.

I do find it odd that he was the only one fighting the final boss, but it's probably as simple as that being the 'quest' requirement. I kinda like that it's only him, instead of a mass of people being transported. The question would be, why? If someone/something engineered the whole thing, that is. 

I like that it starts off with a sense of accomplishment/freedom/etc rather than peril/danger/tragedy.

I thought he was the only one fighting the boss because the rest of the party didnt make it. But who knows it could have been a requirement.

Yay, I love stories where the setting is a game! Or a game-turned-reality. Looking forward to where this goes. Always a sucker for OP mc's.

I do find it odd that he was the only one fighting the final boss, but it's probably as simple as that being the 'quest' requirement. I kinda like that it's only him, instead of a mass of people being transported. The question would be, why? If someone/something engineered the whole thing, that is. 

I like that it starts off with a sense of accomplishment/freedom/etc rather than peril/danger/tragedy.

Had to LOL at the setting straight out of SAO and Log Horizon but, hey I don't really care as long as it turns out to be good. Followed for now.

more like .//Hack since only the MC seems to be affected right now.

Has anyone read or know of a translation of the web novel that this is adapted from?

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5711bb/

/ak/ scanlations <<Insta follow

SAO+Overlord.

followed. wish there a few more chapter to read though.

If you read the description it states that it has been 500 years since the game ended in the world and the MC was the only person to still be logged in when he was dragged in to the game, so it's unlikely that any of those people will be introduced.

I wasn't talking about the conventional way in which they actually show up but in a flashback sort of way where he reminisces about the past.

Had to LOL at the setting straight out of SAO and Log Horizon but, hey I don't really care as long as it turns out to be good. Followed for now.

After 500 years... logging out doesn't sound like a good idea anymore...

Who am I kidding, the guy should be brain-dead, and his body nothing but dust by this point. Therefore, someone's likely preserving his body.

"But after he had defeated the last boss and freed everyone, he was swallowed up by a strange light and found himself inside the game world 500 years in the future"

Key words: "inside the game world 500 years in the future." this most likely means that the "Game World" he was transported into is the one that aged 500 years and not him or his real world. I'm also sure that he's in the real version of the "Game World".

After 500 years... logging out doesn't sound like a good idea anymore...

Who am I kidding, the guy should be brain-dead, and his body nothing but dust by this point. Therefore, someone's likely preserving his body.

Wow, is anyone else interested in all those characters he just introduced? They seemed to have some interesting characters, I hope we see some side stories for sure.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/283844/the-new-gate_ch1_by_ak-scanlations/15

They will probably introduce these guys slowly throughout the story but I want a prequel already!!

If you read the description it states that it has been 500 years since the game ended in the world and the MC was the only person to still be logged in when he was dragged in to the game, so it's unlikely that any of those people will be introduced.

Log Horizon wasn't a VR game as far as I can tell. In the few shots we got of people gaming, they were sitting at desks watching the screens and using keyboards.

Wow, is anyone else interested in all those characters he just introduced? They seemed to have some interesting characters, I hope we see some side stories for sure.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/283844/the-new-gate_ch1_by_ak-scanlations/15

They will probably introduce these guys slowly throughout the story but I want a prequel already!!

I'm Expecting Good Stuff From this manga

OP MC? Cool, let us see where this goes.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics