Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.14 - 127votes)

Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare

Alt Names: alt 君死ニタマフ事ナカレalt 님이여죽지말지어다alt Kimi Shi ni Tamafu Koto Nakarealt Thou Shalt Not Die
Author: Yoko Taro
Artist: Moriyama Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the future, supernatural powers not only exist but have become science fact. The “Special Abilities Private High School” is established in order to utilize students’ powers for the military. Students are roped onto the battlefield without knowing the meaning of the fight, whether it will save their lives…or spell their demise.
Go to Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

179 Comments

You can purchase the issue of Big GanGan in which it was published. http://amzn.to/1D0OExU

I do not have enough money to buy it and bring it to me. Could you please pass me the raws you use?

This manga looks cool! Could someone tell me where to get the raws?

You can purchase the issue of Big GanGan in which it was published. http://amzn.to/1D0OExU

This manga looks cool! Could someone tell me where to get the raws?

what so Kuroi is bad guy? bad guy and psycho?

and the death of captain isn't very welcoming to me. he should've survive until sometime.

Ahh thanks for the clarification, the more I know I guess.

Btw, are you the scanlator for chapter 1? I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm seconding what's mentioned below regarding keeping the order as right-to-left. As it is, I'm often confused which box/bubble should I read first because it's not consistent. Otherwise, thanks for doing this!

Yeah, and I welcome feedback!! This is just a passion of mine so I like to work alone. I know I'm not perfect in many areas of this work and I can't match the quality of some groups, but it gives me joy to do it...sort of gives me a purpose. :P I'm not sure if I can update newer versions of the chapter here or not, but whatever changes I make to it will be uploaded to my site. <3

No, sorry. That was a misreading of the archaic Japanese. The correct reading is "Kimi Shi ni Tamou Koto Nakare", as confirmed by creator Yoko Taro. Please refer to this page for my sources.

Ahh thanks for the clarification, the more I know I guess.

Btw, are you the scanlator for chapter 1? I hope I'm not being rude, but I'm seconding what's mentioned below regarding keeping the order as right-to-left. As it is, I'm often confused which box/bubble should I read first because it's not consistent. Otherwise, thanks for doing this!

No wonder I couldn't find this through the search function. The title is misspelled. It's supposed to be "Kimi Shi ni Tamafu Koto Nakare "

No, sorry. That was a misreading of the archaic Japanese. The correct reading is "Kimi Shi ni Tamou Koto Nakare", as confirmed by creator Yoko Taro. Please refer to this page for my sources.

No wonder I couldn't find this through the search function. The title is misspelled. It's supposed to be "Kimi Shi ni Tamafu Koto Nakare "

Is it messed up to say that I'm glad the captain died/not the mc? I was hoping the entire time that the crazy guy was the MC, but it seems it might be Mashiro since the Kuroki seems a bit like a villain or just too messed up in the head.

I don't believe Usuki or Botan are meant to be the MC. It's simply misdirection. I think the absolute MC is really Mashiro.

And...this story is probably the prequel to Nier. These kids are probably the 5th Crusade that are fighting the Legion. And if that's true... maybe we already know who Mashiro and Kuroi are...... Of course, this is just a theory at the moment. 

This was very underwhelming, to say the least.

Yoko Taro just doesn't know what true shock value is. Killing off the supposed MC in a dramatic way sure isn't the way to go. Especially when you can see it coming from miles away.

... and the art of this was so good too. A shame.

I'm currently working on a theory that allows for this story to exist within the DOD/Nier timeline that is included in the DOD3 -World Inside- book. Stay tuned. I'm sort of geeking myself out over this. xP

Guns vs immature psychic ability, dumbass move.
Raiden plz

Death of the generic MC and birth of the twisted MC

Yes, it's quite frightening, actually. I may not be Japanese, but I've been living in Japan for the past 10 years... and the anti-war stance that was in the constitution was an object of pride. The recent change to the constitution by Abe hasn't completely reversed the anti-war stance, but it will now allow Japan to take an active role in protecting allies should they be attacked. It's just leading the way for more changes in the future...  

I'm sure you've heard about the man who set himself on fire in the middle of Shinjuku in protest of this change. The national news actually refused to cover it as it was a suicide (not sure if he survived or not), but it was obvious to me that the *government* didn't want to publicize it because his concerns go against their ideology. 

it's better if you make the text smaller and make it fits inside the text bubble IMO.

If it's on white border like that, maybe people will miss the existence of the bubble and mistaking it as "thought/monologue" text instead of "dialogue".

It's not like bubble are too small, either. Lots of manga has smaller bubble and still manage to fits a lot more text that is still readable.

Okay, no problem. I've had people tell me before that text was too small, so maybe that's why I started doing that in the first place. :P

Ahh, I see. That's why the text has a white border when I want it to be larger than the bubble allows. It shouldn't be difficult to read. But duly noted. I'll probably keep the R-to-L style intact in future instalments. Thanks for the feedback! <3

Heh there's also a nice typo on that page. orz Any updates or fixes I'll post on my site.

it's better if you make the text smaller and make it fits inside the text bubble IMO.

If it's on white border like that, maybe people will miss the existence of the bubble and mistaking it as "thought/monologue" text instead of "dialogue".

It's not like bubble are too small, either. Lots of manga has smaller bubble and still manage to fits a lot more text that is still readable.

i think what he meant is that a lot of the text are not inside the bubble and makes it harder to read because they block or merge with the picture. Should have been smaller.

Page 23 and 43 are the best example.

The right-to-left position itself is fine. Most of scanlation are like that as well

Ahh, I see. That's why the text has a white border when I want it to be larger than the bubble allows. It shouldn't be difficult to read. But duly noted. I'll probably keep the R-to-L style intact in future instalments. Thanks for the feedback! <3

Heh there's also a nice typo on that page. orz Any updates or fixes I'll post on my site.

Sorry about that. I'm typically a purist and don't like ordering pages in the Western style. Would you rather it remain the same as the original text? I'm a solo translator (I do everything myself: purchase the source material, scan, edit, translate, type set, upload), so I'm constantly battling my own preferences.

Generally, I moved the text to Left-to-Right order, but when the bubbles are closer to each character, it cannot be moved. Maybe people understand that manga is usually read Right-to-Left so no change needs to be done?

I was quite shocked at the end of the chapter. It was a classic move by YT--get you all excited and liking certain characters that he's about to kill in the following pages. xD I fear this will be an emotional roller coaster, like the majority of his works.

i think what he meant is that a lot of the text are not inside the bubble and makes it harder to read because they block or merge with the picture. Should have been smaller.

Page 23 and 43 are the best example.

The right-to-left position itself is fine. Most of scanlation are like that as well

Text bubble order was all over the place, no consistency.

Sorry about that. I'm typically a purist and don't like ordering pages in the Western style. Would you rather it remain the same as the original text? I'm a solo translator (I do everything myself: purchase the source material, scan, edit, translate, type set, upload), so I'm constantly battling my own preferences.

Generally, I moved the text to Left-to-Right order, but when the bubbles are closer to each character, it cannot be moved. Maybe people understand that manga is usually read Right-to-Left so no change needs to be done?

I was quite shocked at the end of the chapter. It was a classic move by YT--get you all excited and liking certain characters that he's about to kill in the following pages. xD I fear this will be an emotional roller coaster, like the majority of his works.

Glorius

As expected from Drakengard director

The text bubble was confusing but instant follow after reading the first chapter.

A male character that jokes around, smiles and in the end you realize his screws were all loose, great first chapter. Also, their situation is interesting, teenagers as counter-terrorists in battlefields.

Hoping for more interesting developments. Thanks for the upload.

Text bubble order was all over the place, no consistency.

I've made my own translation of the preview chapter the day after it was released. You can view it here: http://drakengard-3.com/gallery

Also, the correct reading of the title is "kimi shi ni tamou koto nakare" aka "Thou Shall Not Die". It's an archaic reading of the obvious katakana. I was also tripped up with this at first...before I turned to Google. xD

Unlike the group of people involved with this recent release, I am a solo translator/editor. It's still a bit amazing that some lines are word-for-word the same... xP 

Also, I've asked the creator, Yoko Taro, about the correct reading of the title. He confirmed my reading of the Japanese as "Kimi Shi ni Tamou koto Nakare" as well as its direct allusion to the poem written by Akiko Yosano, which has been translated in English as "Thou Shalt Not Die". You can see the tweet here. This is the reason why I have updated the title in both English and Japanese on this page. If the scanlation group wishes to keep their title for it, that is up to them.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics