Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 184votes)

Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi

Alt Names: alt Chichi to Higegorira to Watashialt 父とヒゲゴリラと私alt Dad, the Beard Gorilla and Ialt Dad, the Bearded Gorilla, and Ialt Gojuan, eg Lombobo ana Dwaalt Papá, el Gorila Barbudo, y Yo
Author: Koike Sadaji
Artist: Koike Sadaji
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After losing her mother to a tragic accident, 6-year old tomboy, Michiru, finds a suspicious person moving into her precious home: her dad’s giant younger brother Kouji, the “Beard Gorilla”. While awkward at first, it doesn’t take long for the two to develop a familiar bond that looks more like that of a brother and a sister, than that of niece & uncle.
Go to Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Released chapter discussion: Dad, the Beard Gorilla and I New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies

243 Comments

Spoiler

the tenth chapter pretty depressed, I Shed my manly tears :'(

If Beard Gorilla and Nishihara-sensei was obvious, is Michiru/Daichi? Maybe romance is far too early in kindergarden, but...give me my shota/loli romance, dammit. I've got some in Meraki Scans' other work, Misoshiru de Kanpai, and now I'm super thirsty for it.

Nishihara-sensei x Beard Gorilla OTP!!!

Uhhh, page 8, with the dad crying because the daughter hugs him, is this close to get me to cry. Fuck, and every other page was lovely, too.

Aw man, when Michiru came in as he was thinking of the ghost of Misaki...

That's poetic, funny, and sad all at the same time.... gah. 

Happy to jump onboard the Gorrilla x Teacher ship though!

Michiru is the best wingman.

Michiru doesn't need a sibling to play with when Beard Gorilla and Sensei could just make her a cousin instead.

Seriously though, why is it any time there's a series about a little girl being raised by an adult male, no matter what their relationship is, people go and bring up Usagi Drop? There are so many examples of series with similar premises where what they're mad about DOESN'T happen, it's getting really annoying that all they want to focus on is the outlier. Honestly, it's like saying "A series where the two main characters are siblings? Better not turn out like Oreimo!" The people who jump to the conclusion that this is going to have an Usagi Drop type ending should be ashamed of themselves.

meme >>> everything bro.

Seriously though, why is it any time there's a series about a little girl being raised by an adult male, no matter what their relationship is, people go and bring up Usagi Drop? There are so many examples of series with similar premises where what they're mad about DOESN'T happen, it's getting really annoying that all they want to focus on is the outlier. Honestly, it's like saying "A series where the two main characters are siblings? Better not turn out like Oreimo!" The people who jump to the conclusion that this is going to have an Usagi Drop type ending should be ashamed of themselves.

The gorilla is in your DNA.

Naw, but I am looking at the phobic teacher and the beared ape as a future couple.

Well... DUH.
I know it's a comedy but I'm starting to feel bad for the younger brother. It's like Dad from mitsudomoe, nothing good happens to him.

Usagi...drop

it still good as long as you just see the anime version not the manga version . this is rare case where manga ruined the anime not the reverse as usual

Are you people seriously thinking this "wholesome" comedy 4-koma will suddenly turn into some kind of (pedophilic) incest romance?

Naw, but I am looking at the phobic teacher and the beared ape as a future couple.

Are you people seriously thinking this "wholesome" comedy 4-koma will suddenly turn into some kind of (pedophilic) incest romance?

Usagi...drop

Oh god

oh god if they started going really hard on the mother's life and the dad's grief

I will start crying, for real

Are you people seriously thinking this "wholesome" comedy 4-koma will suddenly turn into some kind of incest romance?

Well, this comic have baiting gay or lolicon, so yes.

To be pedantic, dashi is stock made from kombu and dried bonito. HonDashi on the other hand is the powdered convenience stock mix that is usually msg, bonito extract and some kind of umami flavor. Clearly referencing hondashi here. (Ch2p5) You wouldn't mistake a broth for sugar in cocoa. 

This site made summary about this manga

https://ruggiablog.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/hiddengem-dad-beard-gorilla-and-i-by-koike-sadaji/

Don't worry, it appear this manga will not follow Usagi drop route.

046.jpg

Ya got me. If she's more than 11 when the romance starts I'm out.

Somehow I have to read michiru's voice as kagura's from gintama.

How about angry Suzu from SYD?

Go go usagi drop but with an incestuous triangle!

046.jpg
Somehow I have to read michiru's voice as kagura's from gintama.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics