Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

This is just too awesome
Thank you for the new volume
Man this guy knows how to make manga
Man, I was honestly tried to add a comedy tag because of that first half.
Spoiler
@bram_history oo seems plausible, but with the way Nihei tells stories it's so hard to figure out what happens
Mannnn, just when it looked like the protagonists were going to make a good discovery. Shit hits the fan.

Why the hell were they keeping something like that locked up in there anyways?
Aside from the drama in this chapter...

Romantic Comedy, Nihei Style!

Oh my god, it's so hilariously different from his other works yet so like him that it's absolutely hilarious.
my guess,

Spoiler
@beacuse

that was the prototype(or the final product) of ochia works, the gauna hybrid, and norio is rly norio or some one is controling him now?
What just happened in the latest chapter?

Spoiler
@Havoc
Izana = Intersex =/= Hermaphrodite =/= Futanari
So pretty much, I guess.
Finally, Toha Heavy Industries shows up. It's never Nihei Tsutomu without Toha.

Also,
Spoiler
The question actually is:
Does "Can be partnered with either male or female" means "Izana = Futanari" ???
@Havoc/bram_history
Yeah, I know?
@S.C.
Izana gender is intersex as mentioned by Midorikawa Yuhata at ch.13 and Izana's grandma call Izana as her grandaughter. So yeah, like Havoc said, Izana is a female and male at one body.
@S.C no pb here Izana says in chapter 2 that people of her gender can be partnered with either male or female.
Well, they can even produce their own clones through asexual reproduction...
@cauthon
And Izana is not a girl either~ hahaha~
This is really an enthralling read, but until even now, I have no word to properly comment on this.
This is....interesting.

I remember reading it a few months back, and could not follow it for the life of me. Re-read it now and it makes much, much more sense and is a pretty good read.

Really like the cute romance that goes on, and how the author has zero qualms against totally ripping it apart multiple times. I'm actually looking forward to learning about the MCs abilities, which girl he ends up with (wish Hoshijiro, but Izana is a good second for me =P), and the future of humanity vs gauna

I actually enjoy the art here, it adds something unique (although sometimes I can't tell characters apart)
Feels like there are pages missing... anybody else think so?
@aruless
Hmm yeah. Izana is not a trap tho.
The only problem with this manga is having to wait for new chapters to come out.

This is by the same guy who did BLAME, so don't expect him to give you any Naruto-style 3 page descriptions to tell you exactly what is going on. Usually it IS possible to figure out what's happening, you just have to read a bit more carefully and pay attention.
The only bad thing, is that any gal or trap that looks like a potential girlfriend for tanikaze is killed or crippled.
R all this author's works related? Whats the timeline order if they are?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics