Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 104votes)

Tomodachi Game

Alt Names: alt トモダチゲームalt Friends Gamesalt 친구 게임alt Permainan Kawanalt 朋友游戏
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Satou Yuuki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katagiri Yuichi believes that friends are more important than money, but he also knows the hardships of not having enough funds. He works hard to save up in order to go on the high school trip, because he has promised his four best friends that they will all go together. However, after the class's money is all collected, it is stolen! Suspicion falls on two of Yuichi's friends, Sawaragi Shiho and Shibe Makoto.

Soon afterward, the five of them are kidnapped, and wake up in a strange room with a character from a short-lived anime. Apparently, one of them has entered them into a "friendship game" in order to take care of their massive debt. But who was it, and why did they have such a debt? Could they have stolen the money from class to pay for entry into the game? Katagiri and his best friends will have to succeed in psychological games that will test or destroy their faith in one another.
Go to Tomodachi Game Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mangazuki sniped the series: Tomodachi Game. New Window Glasses-kun
  • 4 Replies
Topic About the dots above certain words New Window Seiris21
  • 1 Replies

339 Comments

3) Note that If they have the same amount of debt at the end of a game and they lose that game, then the debt doesn't change. No where does it say that a person who halves their debt gives their debt to someone else. Theoretically, if they all could halve their debt, then it would be more beneficial to have all the answers be no and halve the overall debt since winning the game with a yes only decreases the overall debt by 1/10th.

The V question doesn't have written anything about moving the coin to no...

http://vatoto.com/read/_/298001/tomodachi-game_ch02_by_irstland/46

There was no indicator that a wrong answer would do anything in the rules in the beginning so there is no reason to sabtoage the game. (The explanation about the person with the most debt at the end of the game taking all of the debt doesn't make sense since no reasons for debt changes we given in the first place but whatever) Only Shibe knows of the halving debt part when the first round begins, so no one else has a reason to vote NO. Doesn't that make Shibe the culprit?

Okay, now lets assume the cluprit knows what the cards say which could absolve Shibe. Wouldn't they only need to vote NO in the first round, get their debt halved and then vote YES the next round to end the game? The other people who haven't had a turn will have more debt (What Shibe answered doesn't even matter here) and their own debt would end up being 0. It actually makes more sense to do this, there is no need to go to the final round to get a scapegoat.

Actually the whole concept doesn't work well since in order for the culprit's plan to work (s)he needs all of the others to be innocently working together, and if that were the case the most logical way to win would be to work with them till the end. If the others are being selfish, then there is no way to predict the outcome and betray their trust (since there is none).

Your assuming a lot of things. I would not assume anything in a manga like this. Also, I think you misunderstood some parts of the game. Furthermore, the amounts in this game are messed up. The first chapter said the debt was 200 million, and each player would shoulder 40 million in debt and 20 million for winning the game, or 4 million for each player, but then the next chapter the amount suddenly becomes 4 million in debt for each, and 2 million for winning the game. I would go with 200m yen debt though, since that seems like a more appropriate amount. 20m yen is a lot, but not a crushingly huge amount for a native in a first world country.

1) I would not assume that there is a culprit. Maybe nobody has a debt and the person who stole the money was somebody else. They are just being messed with. After all, somehow we are to believe that statue is reading the answer in their mind.

2) I would not assume that the culprit doesn't have extra information about the game the others don't know (and I mean the whole thing, not just what the questions on the cards will be). After all, its not like god appeared and said I will clear your debt if you play this game with your friends. Some shady business is going on somewhere. They made a deal with someone with enough power to clear a 200 million debt, kidnap what looks to be more than just the 5 of them, and enforce any debts left from the game, which can also dramatically increase. They better know more than what that creepy mascot is telling them.

3) Note that If they have the same amount of debt at the end of a game and they lose that game, then the debt doesn't change. No where does it say that a person who halves their debt gives their debt to someone else. Theoretically, if they all could halve their debt, then it would be more beneficial to have all the answers be no and halve the overall debt since winning the game with a yes only decreases the overall debt by 1/10th.

4) That their questions were the same. Yuichi believes that the first 3 all had the same option of halving their debt, but that was never actually confirmed.

5) The answer on Yuichi's card only says the questioner's debt will be halved if the coin is moved to NO, not anyone who tries to move the coin to NO. If, we assume that the previous 3 had the same question, then we can only assume that either they sabotaged the game to halve their own debt, thought that it would be better for the whole group if the answer was no instead, or the culprit knows something.

6) That there is only one culprit, or that the culprit's goal is clearing their debt.

7) Take note of the badge that shows their debt. There will almost certainly be some lying about the amount, or purposeful peeking either out of distrust or sabotage.

There was no indicator that a wrong answer would do anything in the rules in the beginning so there is no reason to sabtoage the game. (The explanation about the person with the most debt at the end of the game taking all of the debt doesn't make sense since no reasons for debt changes we given in the first place but whatever) Only Shibe knows of the halving debt part when the first round begins, so no one else has a reason to vote NO. Doesn't that make Shibe the culprit?

Okay, now lets assume the cluprit knows what the cards say which could absolve Shibe. Wouldn't they only need to vote NO in the first round, get their debt halved and then vote YES the next round to end the game? The other people who haven't had a turn will have more debt (What Shibe answered doesn't even matter here) and their own debt would end up being 0. It actually makes more sense to do this, there is no need to go to the final round to get a scapegoat.

Actually the whole concept doesn't work well since in order for the culprit's plan to work (s)he needs all of the others to be innocently working together, and if that were the case the most logical way to win would be to work with them till the end. If the others are being selfish, then there is no way to predict the outcome and betray their trust (since there is none).

This is getting good.

i want moar.........

Ch 1-4 ok, ch 5-10 going down, ch 11-12 Yamaguchi sensei you are great at writing interesting hooks.

Nah. More like Liar game.  Without lives at stake, but faith, dignity and relationships.

or Life is Money 

Nice, I like the concept. It's pretty much "friends or money".

Man... Makoto probably got a card saying something like "Answer incorrectly and we'll cut your debt in half!"

Interesting. My bet is that

Spoiler

Is it just me or are there a lot of manga's with the same setting as Kingdom Game?

I'm not sure why you think that. This manga's nothing like Kingdom Game. 

And here i was planning to do this series as soon as my exams were over anyway thanks for the chapter IRST.

Is it just me or are there a lot of manga's with the same setting as Kingdom Game?

Nah. More like Liar game.  Without lives at stake, but faith, dignity and relationships.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics