Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 104votes)

Tomodachi Game

Alt Names: alt トモダチゲームalt Friends Gamesalt 친구 게임alt Permainan Kawanalt 朋友游戏
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Satou Yuuki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katagiri Yuichi believes that friends are more important than money, but he also knows the hardships of not having enough funds. He works hard to save up in order to go on the high school trip, because he has promised his four best friends that they will all go together. However, after the class's money is all collected, it is stolen! Suspicion falls on two of Yuichi's friends, Sawaragi Shiho and Shibe Makoto.

Soon afterward, the five of them are kidnapped, and wake up in a strange room with a character from a short-lived anime. Apparently, one of them has entered them into a "friendship game" in order to take care of their massive debt. But who was it, and why did they have such a debt? Could they have stolen the money from class to pay for entry into the game? Katagiri and his best friends will have to succeed in psychological games that will test or destroy their faith in one another.
Go to Tomodachi Game Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mangazuki sniped the series: Tomodachi Game. New Window Glasses-kun
  • 4 Replies
Topic About the dots above certain words New Window Seiris21
  • 1 Replies

339 Comments

I can't wait to see what happens, so I looked for the RAW.

And I realized that the last page of ch 4 was mistranslated. The original text is:

"Sawaragi Shiho ga suki nano wa Kataragi Yuiichi da. Sonna Sawaragi Shiho wa, mukashi... Mikasa Tenji to tsukiatte ita."

Which should translate as "The one that Sawaragi Shiho likes is Kitaragi Yuiichi. And that Sawaragi Shiho, in the past, had been going out with Mikasa Tenji."

So she went out with Tenji in the past. It's not like she's two-timing or anything.

At least no one is gonna die playing the games. Fking sick of people dying in the name of entertainment. Yes, I looking at you Real Account. 

OK, it's wrong of me to come and crap on a manga I'm not going to read, to each their own and all that, so my apologies in advance.

. . . but really, I take one look at that description and it seems amaaaazingly dumb, just ludicrously artificial.  Isn't the audience getting at all tired of the trend in (mostly shounen) manga for these almost ritualized setups?  What's the point?

Well I thought similarly (though not to that extreme) when I read the summary.  In fact I probably would have skipped it entirely if I didn't skim the comments section.  After trying it out myself it didn't seem so bad, in fact it was fairly entertaining.

However, this is just my opinion on the manga and it could very well be not to your tastes.

OK, it's wrong of me to come and crap on a manga I'm not going to read, to each their own and all that, so my apologies in advance.

. . . but really, I take one look at that description and it seems amaaaazingly dumb, just ludicrously artificial.  Isn't the audience getting at all tired of the trend in (mostly shounen) manga for these almost ritualized setups?  What's the point?

Where can I go to be spoiled? I don't want to wait for new translations to be released but I really want to know what happens, if that girl is really telling the truth, who the traitor is if it's been revealed, and stuff like that. I can't read or understand Japanese so the raws won't help me since I'll have no idea what's going on 

just finish reading the raw for the 2nd arc (until ch10) and omg its soooo goood 

So does she really love him or not like I read the raws and I kinda have a grip on the situation (talk about twist) but I still don't know if she's just acting or its true

Spoiler

thank you xD

Spoiler

Spoiler

IS THAT TRUE SHIHO?!?!
tumblr_lsk0xnlrxz1qfkoa2.gif

Getting Gantz vibes here.

This is a really interesting manga with a lot of mind games and hidden truth. Its a really good manga and I do hope somebody translates it because its really good

Spoiler

this yes/no kokkuri-san game is kinda trippy, so the condition on the paper states that to win the coin gotta be on yes, if the answer is no the questionnaire gets half less debt.

The MC could've asked a wrong question and answered yes to move the yen to yes, if there was one asshole who’d answer the opposite (obviously there is), the coin’ll still move to yes. Even if there were two assholes plus the MC answering yes then the yen will move to no and answers the question correctly, either way you get to win the round coz no one stated those rules are inclusive. 

and yeah

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 million yen are apparently not that much although it seems much if converted in dollar/Euro/Yuen/whatever. However, people get payed more for their work (which is necessary since living in Japan is expensive, especially food) and spend more money for daily necessities, so raising that "much" money might be doable even by a few kids in 1-2 years if they work part-time (late night shifts/jobs could actually rake in some cash even faster).

But well, discussing this is pointless as it's the only way the story works out: If they can't just pay it the normal way...

*Looks at new titles* Oh, tomodachi game. Looks like some romcom manga. Meh why not.

*Sees cover* Scratch that, this looks hardcore.

*Reads synopsis* This sounds like Life is Money ! Let's go !

You have no idea how excited I will be when this updates! XD

Spoiler

Kids cannot be in debt anyway.

im Looking forward to it..
last phrase really tell me of what i wanted to say..
haha xD :D

That kiss can be taken out of context so easily.

Spoiler

So have the translators finally decided to stick with 20 million for the debt? Because it's hard as hell trying to keep track of what's going on when they fluctuate between 200 and 20 every few pages especially with amounts being added, subtracted and doubled all over the place.

Spoiler

Spoiler

So have the translators finally decided to stick with 20 million for the debt? Because it's hard as hell trying to keep track of what's going on when they fluctuate between 200 and 20 every few pages especially with amounts being added, subtracted and doubled all over the place.

Once I saw the white room and the little mascot character I started to think this was Saw and dangan ronpa all over again.  I'm happy that isn't the case and that there won't be senseless killing.  Instead this is a simple trust experiment using money to test the depths of a friendship.

ahhh, I NEED MORE!!!
a huge thank-you to IRSTLand, though, for scanlating this.

I can't believe I'm fan girling over Yuuichi.

Jesus H. Christ, the guy is so cool! The chapter sums up how Yuuichi is smart, cool and has a lot of balls.

Spoiler

well, need the next chapter to handle the excitement!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics