Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.14 - 21votes)

Gonensei

Alt Names: alt 五年生alt Gonen Seialt The 5th Grade
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Romance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Akio and Yoshino believed all there was left for them was to graduate. But life had different plans for them.

Yoshino moves on while Akio stays behind, and something between them begins to change.

The story of their youth continues.

Prequel:

> Yonensei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/yonensei-r8611 )
Go to Gonensei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

45 Comments

WTF is happening here....where's the normal couple from Yonensei? I don't know if I should see this train wreck to the end or not.

Thanks for the hard work, Maigo!

what do you mean? this is pretty normal too...

WTF is happening here....where's the normal couple from Yonensei? I don't know if I should see this train wreck to the end or not.

Thanks for the hard work, Maigo!

I might be wrong about what I said because I understand nothing in the raws and this is dialogue based, anyway here's the raws.

http://vnsharing.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202418&langid=3

My problem stems from the fact that the Volume 3 raws aren't there (Link is dead), so I can't be sure of what happens in the 3 or so chapters of Volume 3 that haven't been translated. My Japanese sucks and I have no intention of sitting up for the next week with a dictionary to figure out what happens in the end, but I wish I could see what happens at the end of Volume 3 so I can understand what's going on when 4 picks up. It's times like this that I wish someone who has read everything could clarify some stuff (Laziness and work keeps me from being that guy...).

Spoiler

I might be wrong about what I said because I understand nothing in the raws and this is dialogue based, anyway here's the raws.

http://vnsharing.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202418&langid=3

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've read all 5 volumes. For those that want to drop it, I say good call.

It's almost as if the author's personal life took a downturn of some sort and he wanted to take it out on his characters. The closure we get is nowhere near enough for all the shit we have to put up with.

Can you go into a full-on spoiler detail on this?
Getting vibes that I don't want, but at the same time I don't want to drop it without knowing what happens.

NTR? as of chapter 14 i don't see how that can be unless someone else's relationship is involved

I don't get why everyone suddenly wants to drop this... it's a slice of life romance, what did you expect? But hey, thanks for all the chapters today!

Spoiler

I've read all 5 volumes. For those that want to drop it, I say good call.

It's almost as if the author's personal life took a downturn of some sort and he wanted to take it out on his characters. The closure we get is nowhere near enough for all the shit we have to put up with.

I don't get why everyone suddenly wants to drop this... it's a slice of life romance, what did you expect? But hey, thanks for all the chapters today!

Considering the way things are going right now, I almost wish they'd break up already.

Maybe I'm not reading this right...

What the fuck! Thanks...with this i will drop this series
fuh.... i am glad i read your spoiler first, now i need some series for forget this series

That's what I'm doing, I never felt this frustrated before, drop it and never look back.

I was so frustrated after chapter 12 I had to read RAW for the first time ...ever

Spoiler

I need something to make forget about this whole series, I was tricked with the prequel. 

What the fuck! Thanks...with this i will drop this series
fuh.... i am glad i read your spoiler first, now i need some series to forget this series

I was so frustrated after chapter 12 I had to read RAW for the first time ...ever

Spoiler

I need something to make forget about this whole series, I was tricked with the prequel. 

Well, that came out of nowhere...unless I didn't catch hints in earlier chapters? I'm guessing the point of all that was to show Shima's above petty drama and maybe do a not so subtle dig at romance dramas. Great deconstruction of the "But I love you so much! Why won't you date me?" confession right there. He's been very loyal throughout Yonensei and Gonensei, even verging on overly protective boyfriend in recent chapters, so I doubt any cheating will happen. 

Hatoyama's unibrow though...how in the world did he get all those girls. >_>

Thanks for the chapters, Maigo! Hopefully, this manga will get some more love. Edit: Thanks for the fix!

Thank you Maigo! You guys pick up the good'uns as always!

Welp, looks like Shima will be getting a talking to. I'm rooting for you, man. Get it together.

Oh boy, this one.

Spoiler

hmm authors warning after ch6 plus yours........ 

Oh boy, this one.

Spoiler

I remember this! I guess the "happy end" mirage we saw on the prequel for just a while is going to be harder to achieve then we/he previously thought!

As expected of this MC with no will or motivation.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics