Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 66votes)

Ryuuma no Gagou

Alt Names: alt The Pseudonym of Ryuuma
Author: Miyashita Hiroki
Artist: Miyashita Hiroki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where humanity has turned into prey against monstrous bug-like creatures dubbed "White Skins", one legendary figure known simply as "Ryuuma" continues to give hope to this post-apocalyptic society. This individual has many faces and descriptions, but his/her legend has lived continuously in the hearts and minds of the people for half a century, though no one knows where or how it started. Here starts a chronicle to unveil the mysteries of a legend.
Go to Ryuuma no Gagou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

64 Comments

I wonder how many Ryuuma's we'll get to see, I'm pretty excited

Well that was quite something.

Those walrus-ostrich thingies on pg. 3 got me intrigued... follow!

Read Michael Moorcock's stuff, namely the Eternal Champion Sequence (related loosely to his most famous work, Elric Melnibone). Not trying to make this series sound any less original - it's definitely more unique than 80% of the stuff that gets published these days - but if you want something along these lines, definitely give Moorcock a read.

Actually, the concept is common in Japanese fiction because it's based on a historical Japanese tradition. Leaders of some professional guilds would hand down their names to their successors after adopting them, thus ensuring succession of brand identity. Also, traditionally until the 19th century emperors were not identified to their contemporary subjects with a name but simply as "The Emperor". When they die they're given a posthumous name. To the average peasant ignorant of imperial successions, it would have looked as if the Yamato dynasty was ruled by a single immortal emperor.

In manga and anime, the concept of immortality by name succession is also common. Hiko Seijuro of Rurouni Kenshin, the gods of RG Veda, Kino of Kino no Tabi, Assassin of the Fate series, and various ninja manga and anime that portray "Hattori Hanzo" as being an example of this. Hiko Seijuro's case is probably the closest to Ryuuma, and it appears this manga might be borrowing from him specifically.

Ultraman x Jedi
XD

Spoiler

"white skin" creatures - Well that caught my attention

I think that's referring to the bugs, actually. They seem to be in a lot of chapters.

This feels like an omnibus series where the main character probably will change every so often

Doctor Who style.

Yea i'm liking this concept. I don't think i'v ever seen it done this way before.

Read Michael Moorcock's stuff, namely the Eternal Champion Sequence (related loosely to his most famous work, Elric Melnibone). Not trying to make this series sound any less original - it's definitely more unique than 80% of the stuff that gets published these days - but if you want something along these lines, definitely give Moorcock a read.

"white skin" creatures - Well that caught my attention

While it may not be an original concept, it definitely isn't common which makes it a nice change from the norm. I am indeed interested in seeing where the author takes this story.

This feels like an omnibus series where the main character probably will change every so often

I really like the concept.
But I'm curious as to what would Ryuuma do if there wasn't anyone near when needed.

Definitely an interesting spin on "immortal" concept. i like the atmosphere of this manga so far (even if it is only 1 chapter). If this goes the way Shura no Toki, i'll definitely fall in love with it

Yea i'm liking this concept. I don't think i'v ever seen it done this way before.

i wonder how many 'ryumaa' the manga gonna take us through

Definitely an interesting spin on "immortal" concept. i like the atmosphere of this manga so far (even if it is only 1 chapter). If this goes the way Shura no Toki, i'll definitely fall in love with it

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics