Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.26 - 61votes)

Gunjou Senki

Alt Names: alt グンジョーセンキalt 群青戦記alt 群青战记alt Gunjō Senki
Author: Kasahara Masaki
Artist: Kasahara Masaki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMystery MysterySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: High-schooler Nishino Aoi is a history nut who's in the archery class at his school. Due to his skill in archery, he sometimes thinks that he's more suited to the Sengoku period of Japan. If he lived then, he imagines he might even have a girl like his clubmate Seno-san as his wife. As it is, Seno-san is his friend and the girlfriend of his childhood friend Kouta.

When a mysterious fog covers the school, Aoi gets his chance to experience the Sengoku period first hand. The entire school is transported to a time period that Aoi pinpoints as somewhere between 1576-1582, near to Azuchi Castle. However, things are not as bright as he might have imagined. Armed men accompanying the historical figure Hachisuka Koroku attack the school, brutally murdering teachers and students. Will Aoi and his friends be able to survive this deadly era?
Go to Gunjou Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

91 Comments

Is this a joke?

Possibly.... the war hasn't even started yet in this manga, historically correct or otherwise.

"if only..."

One phrase that can be more devastating than any other. Not that I mind it exactly, as long as the MC starts character growth fast enough.

If a bunch of students get slaughtered like the description says, shouldn't this be tragedy genre?

wha

what's wrong with being a beta though? the modern society is built by beta's invention. survival of the fittest doesn't mean alpha is better, it's actually beta who survive.

Because "some" betas are easily manipulated into violent acts by less scrupulous alphas.

The idea that betas usually/always survive is simply by virtue of sheer number and Hollywood. All those nameless/faceless characters in war movies/mangas/stories? Most of them are betas. People see battle hardened soldiers come home and assume 'that guy must have been an alpha from the very beginning to have made it back', when in fact some of them are just betas turned alphas.

AHHHWWW SHIEETT Instant follow. 

Well, at least they fought like real men although they already had rifles (not like that coward Napoleon that hid behind his cannons and muskets). Nowadays "warfare" isn't war anymore but an all-out slaughter&destroy, while real war always had two armies meet on a battlefield and fight there, usually not involving the normal population into fights.

Spoiler

Can't tell if this is serious or not since it would display a massive misunderstanding of the way wars were fought in the past, why they were fought, who actually did the dying, and the effect it had on populations. If it were a serious post it would also illustrate a narrow minded perspective on some of the major reasons for technological advancement related to warfare as well as the way that a good portion of the modern technology functions. If its not a serious post its kinda a little too enthusiastic. 

Well, at least they fought like real men although they already had rifles (not like that coward Napoleon that hid behind his cannons and muskets). Nowadays "warfare" isn't war anymore but an all-out slaughter&destroy, while real war always had two armies meet on a battlefield and fight there, usually not involving the normal population into fights.

Spoiler

Is this a joke?

wha

what's wrong with being a beta though? the modern society is built by beta's invention. survival of the fittest doesn't mean alpha is better, it's actually beta who survive.

Then he'd better turn alpha soon. Sengoku combat is definitely an alpha thing. It's one thing to portray beta males as excelling in survival situations against nature or unthinking zombies, but you gotta be an alpha to survive in the sengoku era. Betas get a spear, a hat, and maybe basic armor if lucky, then sent straight to the grinder.

Spoiler

Guys, I was 100% joking. I have no idea why the series is named that, and he's not that beta of a guy. Pretty average dude, all-in-all. I'm sure he'll do well in the Sengoku era, simply because he is a top-notch archer and knows a decent amount about it. That's what the series is about, after all.

Wasn't trying to make a statement about beta survivability or combat skills. Appreciate the research and thoughts, sssr, you should put that up in a forum discussion topic.

Still looks like a fun series to me, thanks for the scans!

wha

What's wrong with being a beta? Well, nothing really, if you WANT to be one. I hate seeing the main character as a total beta though, as it's annoying as hell.

time travel tag now !

wha

Isn't it obvious? He's the beta of the Sengoku period.

-Best friend is going out with the girl he likes, and he doesn't want to say anything

-Can't stand up against bullies and assholes

-Really good in practice, fumbles where it counts

-History geek

He is literally a beta, transported into the Sengoku period.

Spoiler

...I get the feeling that the mc's favourite words are "if only..."
That kind of character, especially when he's the mc, really annoys me, I'm hoping that he gets substancial character development soon.

-Best friend is going out with the girl he likes, and he doesn't want to say anything

-History geek

Then he'd better turn alpha soon. Sengoku combat is definitely an alpha thing. It's one thing to portray beta males as excelling in survival situations against nature or unthinking zombies, but you gotta be an alpha to survive in the sengoku era. Betas get a spear, a hat, and maybe basic armor if lucky, then sent straight to the grinder.

Spoiler

The title should be Sengoku no Beta. i dont even know what it means

-History geek

The title should be Sengoku no Beta. i dont even know what it means

I waited so long for someone translate this... THANK YOU!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics