Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.26 - 61votes)

Gunjou Senki

Alt Names: alt グンジョーセンキalt 群青戦記alt 群青战记alt Gunjō Senki
Author: Kasahara Masaki
Artist: Kasahara Masaki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMystery MysterySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: High-schooler Nishino Aoi is a history nut who's in the archery class at his school. Due to his skill in archery, he sometimes thinks that he's more suited to the Sengoku period of Japan. If he lived then, he imagines he might even have a girl like his clubmate Seno-san as his wife. As it is, Seno-san is his friend and the girlfriend of his childhood friend Kouta.

When a mysterious fog covers the school, Aoi gets his chance to experience the Sengoku period first hand. The entire school is transported to a time period that Aoi pinpoints as somewhere between 1576-1582, near to Azuchi Castle. However, things are not as bright as he might have imagined. Armed men accompanying the historical figure Hachisuka Koroku attack the school, brutally murdering teachers and students. Will Aoi and his friends be able to survive this deadly era?
Go to Gunjou Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

91 Comments

OMG bitch ass mc makes me wanna puke, when your lifes on the line its pretty easy to stab someone

Wouldn't the ability to stab someone be a subjective idea based on a per-person basis?

I'd agree that a majority of people will have their survival trigger a violent reaction, but not including the ones who might just run, not do anything out of shock, or some other sort of non-violent reaction is really an ignorant move.

The amount of murderous badasses in the comments is astonishing...

sfX269s.jpg

OMG bitch ass mc makes me wanna puke, when your lifes on the line its pretty easy to stab someone.

This was a crapton of 'Meh'

We already know that Japanese are masochists, but torturing themselves with such wuss MC? That's some crazy sick fetish you've got there.

Blurgh... dudes look like neaderthals and spontaneously murder everyone despite not giving the impression that they'd do so before- and then the MC is clinging to the title of wuss too hard to attack guys who are clearly murdering people he knows when he has a good opportunity.

I like the fact that the MC is still the biggest pussy in the manga(for now) cause there are still room for him to grow and become a BAWS.

remember that.

kek.

When a woman has more balls than the MC, you know the chapters will be shitty for a while.

MC is a useless sack of crap. It doesn't matter if it's a human you're shooting at if that human is trying to KILL YOU. F*cking idiot. Took him long enough to even recognize that castle and the fact that they were shifted into the past or another timeline. Why did I say it took him long enough? Well he's suppose to be a history otaku so it's stupid that he didn't recognize it right away.

Also how the hell can a foot soldier weighed down by armor and a weapon catch up to someone running away without anything weighing them down? Not to mention these kids are suppose to be athletic. Also those detectives/cops are stupid. Many people died yet he still didn't shoot to kill. Damn pansy Japanese cops.

wait..

isn't saru is hideyoshi,not akechi mitsuhide?

so their school is the "castle" that built overnight claimed by hideyoshi that make mino surrender?

if that girl get kindaped(which totaly going to happen) and the MC still like that,i really hope his friend kill him and take his place as MC..lol

yeah Saru is Toyotomi Hideyoshi

wait..

isn't saru is hideyoshi,not akechi mitsuhide?

so their school is the "castle" that built overnight claimed by hideyoshi that make mino surrender?

if that girl get kindaped(which totaly going to happen) and the MC still like that,i really hope his friend kill him and take his place as MC..lol

The MC's demeanor is one of the things that annoys me the most in manga. He's such a pussy that he cannot step up to the plate and save a guy who is about to have his face impaled. These guys are ruthlessly killing EVERYONE, and he's still being a limp-dick coward. I understand that killing a person can be hard, but come on.

This is the the FIRST big conflict of the story, and it's happening right out of the gate. There is no better time than now to make the MC look appealing, while setting up some emotional distress later. He doesn't have to be amazing, he can fail, but he must make an effort to be the hero at least.

Original Gundam is the perfect example of a youth thrust into war, and how he deals with the consequences of his actions. Amuro Ray is distraught over killing people initially. Throughout the first half of the series the guy is so overcome with fear and anxiety, that he does little else but work and train. He doesn't eat, he doesn't sleep. We see a brilliant young man begin to unravel as the stress and despair of war eats at him. The reality of war is harsh, and Amuro learns this well. 

The difference between the MC and Amuro is that Amuro had that killer instinct from the start. Despite his difficulty with the concept of murder, he pulled the trigger when it counted, and eventually became a hardened soldier. He was complex and capable of doing what needed to be done, and doing so as early as his very first time in combat. So far the MC of Gunjou Senki is useless in nearly every respect, and I'll roll my eyes when he eventually becomes a God of the battlefield with unbeatable stratagems and legendary aim. 

The one i hate the most in all mangas are how stupid they make minor characters or just characters in general that just die instantly for example how they had the soccer team die this chapter because they went up to 10-20 old men with armor and weapons and started to ask questions just like that

Yeah, that's a pity. When I saw the arrow I thought "Atta girl!". She's got more balls than the MC.

To be honest, I like it that this story has a palette of potentially important characters.

Even the MC himself will be interesting, with his development that will take place.

Although its unfortunately likely that the girl will be kidnapped and raped (amongst other "shit") to create the "drama" theme of the story... :(

Man...2 chapters and already almost every other character would be a better mc than the actual mc.
The love interest would be a better choice as mc! And she seems the type to get kidnapped in these types of stories.

Yeah, that's a pity. When I saw the arrow I thought "Atta girl!". She's got more balls than the MC.

Man...2 chapters and already almost every other character would be a better mc than the actual mc.
The love interest would be a better choice as mc! And she seems the type to get kidnapped in these types of stories.

Oh, is it just me or is there something wrong with all of their arms? They just look weird to me.

Similar start to Highschool of the Dead, I wonder if the friend guy will die.

the entire school gets transported? not just the MC? this is something new.

i'm hoping the MC will improve soon cause he is on his zone. 

"Don't judge a manga by its cover." Seriously they are the equivalent of packaging in a shopping centre (remember all those half filled bags of chips?).

Bags of chips are that way for the protective gasses to work and conserve the shape of the product. Besides, we were already shown the folding screen too.

I really hope that the friend character dies or the mc gets some drastic character development(or both), because, otherwise, I'm guessing that the mc will turn out to be one of those annoying types that just depends on everyone, can't do anything by himself and follows them around instead of...you know...acting like a main character(in this type of story).

What's there to predict? Just look at the cover, obvious badass.

"Don't judge a manga by its cover." Seriously they are the equivalent of packaging in a shopping centre (remember all those half filled bags of chips?).

I predict the main character will either become:

a) A plot tool with no nuts and bolt

b A NTRed Pussy

c) Or (in the unlikely circumstance) a 180 degree personality changed badass that 360 no scopes everyone while pumping the bitches full of his arrows.

I couldn't agree with you more!! most likely B will happen at be a key turning point for the guy (Male MC), or the guy dating his childhood friend dies.

b A NTRed Pussy

c) Or (in the unlikely circumstance) a 180 degree personality changed badass that 360 no scopes everyone while pumping the bitches full of his arrows.

What's there to predict? Just look at the cover, obvious badass.

b A NTRed Pussy

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics