Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 84votes)

Red String

Alt Names: alt 붉은 실
Author: Dong Bi
Artist: Dong Bi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: The story of a boy and girl whose lives were one day entwined by red string. Literally.

Original webcomic: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=622641
Go to Red String Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic General discussion thread New Window cofi023
  • 1 Replies

147 Comments

This feels kind of horrifyingly misogynist so far?

Spoiler
It's just really gross at the moment, in a way that goes completely beyond any usual problems with "fated lovers" plots. Literally everything that's happened so far has been devoted to having really shitty things happen to this girl, and when she expresses the slightest dissatisfaction about anything, the characters and the framing act like she's being unreasonable, and that the boy (who's directly at fault for her suffering) is just this hapless but well-meaning kid we should feel sorry for. I've read this far because I was enjoying Looking for Father, but this has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I almost don't want to keep reading either of them.

And your statements so far is quite hate-filled and biased.

Spoiler

bitch slap evaded...

you don't see THAT often...

"Secret technique dodge hug!"

This feels kind of horrifyingly misogynist so far?
Spoiler
It's just really gross at the moment, in a way that goes completely beyond any usual problems with "fated lovers" plots. Literally everything that's happened so far has been devoted to having really shitty things happen to this girl, and when she expresses the slightest dissatisfaction about anything, the characters and the framing act like she's being unreasonable, and that the boy (who's directly at fault for her suffering) is just this hapless but well-meaning kid we should feel sorry for. I've read this far because I was enjoying Looking for Father, but this has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I almost don't want to keep reading either of them.

if she can feel her body parts while detached,  the could of some freaky sex..................im a pervert.

Well, think about it.

She came apart because he pulled her string.

Meaning the string is effectively part of her body.

And being the master seems to include giving her his 'string'

So you could say,

She got a piece of him inside her.

*if you knows what I mean*

if she can feel her body parts while detached,  the could of some freaky sex..................im a pervert.

we all are

Why yes, absolutely. Let’s hope it lasts a while. :)

Epicly fun !

and i thought this was gonna be a NORMAL love story........NOPE, still great though!

I like the other author's work "Looking for a Father" better but this is fairly insteresting

Ch 2 is out, just check their page. This art style is so strangely likeable.

I love that author, so funny ideas^^

>Started reading cuz I was bored...

>Reach end of ch 1

>Click follows

Ch 2 is out, just check their page. This art style is so strangely likeable.

What the heck did I just read

this isn't The Tsukihime remake I wanted

The premise from the first seven chapters is interesting, but it lacks some originality(reminded me a lot of "looking for a father" without checking it beforehand that it was in fact from the same guy xD). Well, as long as it's better than looking for a father it can't be bad (looking for a father became kinda stupid in the middle >_>). Let's wait patiently for more chapters :)

wut

This reminds me of the folk story about the girl with the yellow ribbon around her neck. This one.

Freaky stuff.

Spoiler

I'll be reading this because I like Dong Bi's other work, but I actually don't really like the concept of the red string of fate. I dislike the red string of fate even more now that I've read the folklore on Wikipedia.

Warning: don't read this spoiler if you want to enjoy red string of fate stories:

Spoiler

:D yay for another great series from EGS!

On the one hand, interesting, on the other hand, about almost nothing but emotion of physical attraction from MC and some scattered love tropes so far, aside from the supernatural bit? Worried about the overall trajectory of things, large potential to go downhill very fast. Still... that cliffhanger. So trippy...

uh....ok, followed

BTW why wasnt it in full comic strip? never mind.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics