Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.72 - 141votes)

Ark:Romancer

Alt Names: alt Ark Romanceralt アーク:ロマンサー
Author: Im Dal-Young
Artist: Kim Sohee
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After experiencing tragedy firsthand, Amagi Souji does not feel that he is deserving of love or of loving anyone. It is not until a strange girl appears before him wanting to learn just what love is that he finds himself caught up in a battle between female warriors known as "Ark Processors." Will he learn to feel love again and will he be able to teach her what true love is?! Only time can tell!
Go to Ark:Romancer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Why this manga is second rated New Window aixont
  • 1 Replies

160 Comments

i feel sorry for him

well...this Souji may be a dick, but at least he isn't frail like another im dal young protagonist who shall remain nameless. and god, does his friend irritate the hell out of me lol.

So, she's a Randomian from Randomia...

Page 53: Looks like he copy/pasted runes from Black God.

Just going with the flow. I mean, I still read Freezing after all.

Saw "IM Dal-young" I guess I bettter prepare myself for a slow update...sweatdropplz.gif?1

Spoiler

The love lessons begin....

I can understand why some people are put off by this author as Im a big fan of him too yet disapointed on how he ends/forgets his work. But he has his reasons and YOU people dont know those reasons. Leave him alone, your all whining scum.

Quite honestly I'm going to be reading this because I know im going to enjoy it. I know for a fact you people are enjoying it too, your all just hopping on the band-wagon to make yourselves look good.

Thanks to the translators and lastly thanks to Dal Young. Though I wish he finished his works but non the less I still find them soothing/entertaining.

ok so in other words...MC is useless other than being 'food' for his honey to fight.

When I saw "Ark" I was thinking yea  the light novel got a manga. Then I saw the author got depressed right away.....

romance ~ first chapter head flying off. YAY!~

edit: weak boy, strong woman again :(

Not necessarily weak boy, strong woman.

Having magic powers and weapons doesn't make you strong, it makes you superior at most. And the girls here have to charge something to even be able to use their weaponry, so it's like tank vs human. Just give the boy something like a Gundam or the Gurren-Lagann and he could be kick-ass,too.

Looking at his other works, most of the times the boy is superior sooner or later throughout the story (for strong girl weak boy read something like onidere or yankee figure).

*see the author*

*knows what to expect*

*continues reading for the art anyway*

dont expect anything from this besides tits

Okay Im Dal.

You have my attention.

Looks promising so far.

romance ~ first chapter head flying off. YAY!~

edit: weak boy, strong woman again :(

you do realize that you have practically insulted nearly all the Koreans in the world...me included. According to your statement, every single human in the world should be money raking bastards as there will always be at least one or two people in each country who will do anything for money and since IM Dal Young, who is just one of the many Koreans is being set up as a representative, I might as well say that each countries' cultures should be represented by each of these money raking bastards to show how each country's culture is greedy.

still, IM Dal Young is infamous for his infinite lack of continuations in his works, which I can simply relate to the author of H.O.T.D who hasn't been continuing his own manga for an quite some time. I personally don't care how much you want to insult someone for something they have done, but if you wish to take such an attitude where you are generalizing from the behavior of a single person, then get off the site and go rant in your own site or something, 

Still, if this manga takes a turn for the better, I'm willing to give it a shot since the material doesn't seem THAT bad

tl;dr MiXiM is being racist, if the manga doesn't get stopped and isn't rushed, it might turn out okay

If you think I'm insulting all Korean, well I'm sorry if my statements make you think that way. Which is not the case, I really enjoy manhwa such as The breaker or Noblesse and the like. I do respect every author of good art despite of what their nationalities, but behavior like this with multiple cases is what makes people start to stereotyping things. If you think I'm racist then I cannot say anything in my defense, in the end racism begins from something as simple as skin color. Yes, I admit that the behavior of Im Dal-young and Hwang Mi-ri makes me stereotyping Koreans. I won't say anything like I'm not guilty or something. My faith with Koreans are sustained by some of Korean great author like BoichiSon Je-HoJEON Geuk-jin and also YOON Joon-sik. I still have hope for Veritas to continue.

This also applies to H.O.T.D author which not betrayed my hope (It's back from hiatus), and the author doesn't go hiatus because of making new series like in this case. I even waited patiently for Hunter X Hunter in which the author really like to go hiatus, but I still waited for it. The story of Hunter X Hunter makes it worth the wait, he's just that good. Not in the case of Im Dal-young with his typical story of strong female lead and worthless male lead. Which makes me very skeptical with some of Koreans author.

If being racist is the only thing that can make my resentment justified, I'm okay with being called racist. I'm losing faith in humanity each days because of stereotypical things people makes. I cannot help myself when people starts doing absurd things.

Once again I'm sorry if Korean people feels insulted. But until people prove that themselves that they're not what I'm stereotyping them as, I won't trust them at all even my own race. YES, I even stereotyping my own race. I will only respect people that I acknowledged. That's just how low my faith in humanity is.

If you think you can help me grow more faith with Koreans, please I would really like to learn. I would really appreciate your help or anybody else, I sincerely do. You can tell me other exceptional manhwa that I never read before and recover my faith through their works.

almost 100 followers....a hundred soul ready to be disappointed by weak MC, sudden hiatus, and no ending...including me...

bring it on, by this point i'm ready to take any shit from you im dal young!!!!

It's not just Freezing, he's done this for almost every god damn series he written.

Only read Freezing and Legend of Mayan, so I wouldn't know.

Seemed generic but interesting enough somehow, but I couldn't shake this ominous feeling of déjà vu.

Goddamn it Dal-young, you almost had me again. I'll give you that much at least.

Fighting girl that needs the support of a younger man who can't actually do anything much himself?
There's already a Freezing, there doesn't need to be another one...

It's not just Freezing, he's done this for almost every god damn series he written.

Another trap has been laid. Careful guys... Im Dal-Shit strikes again!!!

This is gonna be another short lived piece of generic profit oriented art (is his work even considered as art anymore???)

So much frustration generated by this ill behaved author... He will suck and eat you up then shit you right back and flush you out. All of this for the sake of profit, doing many title at the same time and giving half-ass effort in each of it. Quantity over quality seems to be his philosophy to rake in money in Japan. He better go back to Korea and do whatever he wants there, leave Japan alone and stop soiling Japanese manga industry. 

The attitude seems rooted deep inside his country culture, just check out Hwang Mi-Ri and people will understand what I'm talking about. Holy smoke Hwang Mi-Ri, is she Tezuka Osamu or something? Anyway, he seems to only focus on what he sees profitable..."Hmm..this one won't get anime adaptation... better put it on hiatus or end it quickly..." I mean come on man, I understand that being a manga author is business but at least give it a clean ending. Don't just rushed it over and get the hell done with it as fast as possible to start another seeds of money tree. Every job has etiquette and ethics to hold up to and he doesn't seem to understand it. Is it really just money that makes him come to Japan? When I first check out his work Unbalance X Unbalance, I thought he was an aspiring author chasing a dream in foreign land it was a unique kind of harem I've never seen before. After finishing Koimoku and Lunatic Taker, I finally open my eyes to his true form. Nonetheless I still had some hope until I read Legend of Maian... Things started to get crappy...G-DAMN IT!!!

Fiuuuuh... Thats all for my rant... These frustrations have been inside of me since Legend of Maian started to turn into crap and he flush me down the drain. If anyone disagree with me.... well I don't know what to say. Some people are masochist and I can't do anything about it...

Don't click on the link here or any of his works at all... I've warned you all before he stabbed you in the back... Heed my warning and your whole life will be significantly better.

The most hilarious thing about this manga are the comments. "Hey this looks nea- WAIT, WHO IS THE AUTHOR?! FUCK IT, I'M OUT!"

Let's see how much IM Dal-young will violate this heroine while the pussy protagonist stands there and watches. Why wont he just finish up Legend of Maian, that was the last thing he's done that was any good.

Seriously, except action or "plot", there's not much things interesting to read in Lim dal-young.

I honestly don't understand how IM Dal-young hasn't been fired from his job and blacklisted from the manga/manhwa business by now. The guy has no focus.

boy who get his ass protected by a girl all the time 

doesn't he get tired of this setting

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics