Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 200votes)

Historie

Alt Names: alt ヒストリエalt Historiēalt تاریخ
Author: Iwaaki Hitoshi
Artist: Iwaaki Hitoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Historie follows the life of Eumenes, a boy with strategic talent who grows up to serve as a secretary and general under Alexander the Great. Historie includes characters such as Aristotle and King Philip II of Macedon and begins around 343 BC, which was a time of Macedonian expansion.

Won the 14th Japan Media Arts Award Grand Prize in the Manga division.
Won the 16th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.
Go to Historie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic nvm New Window Blue Advance
  • 0 Replies

229 Comments

@ starbuck

as for the freedom of the author , there's also the injuries Philip sustained (unable to use a leg and an arm, didn't remember wich side though lol)
anyway that's a great manga, I wonder if the author will go till the end of Eumene's life and if will we have to wait 20 or so years to see it to us? :D
Thank you very much for the chapter!
Wintercry ... not really

King Philip dies assassinated in Greece in 336 BC.
The Scythian campaign takes place in 342 BC .... so 6 years left until Alexander succeeds him.

However, it'd seem that the author is taking some freedom (or re-interpreting the official history).
The episode where King Philip is wounded in his right leg is considered part of the campaign against the Ardiaioi in 345 BC (3 years before the Scythian campaign).
Similarly, the unsuccessful sieges of Perinthus and Byzantia were supposed to be in 340 BC and 339 respectively (more than 2 years after the Scythian campaign)

.... it's like official chronology has been reversed ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_II_of_Macedon

you will also find an interesting explanation for Philip's assassination, involving Attalus and Eurydice.
Though, I strongly doubt that the author will follow that route exactly (ancient sexual mores are still not well-appreciated nowadays ^^).

Best regards,
If Historie follows history, Phillip II should die shortly after the battle and Alexander the Great will succeed him.
thanks! :)
Goddamn cliff hanger
Thanks for your work like always, Hox.
RTS mode on.
This is amazing..
*does a happy dance, thanks the gods of scanlation and proceeds to read new chapter of historie*
Historie is absent this month.
I can stand the waits, but after so much time, only 16 pages... ; __ ; I die a little inside...
Thank you for your work on this as well as Winland Saga, like always, Hox.
Now I will spend another month agonizing until the next chapter comes.
The only solid development in this chapter is that there's no chapter next month.
i have to ask how accurate is this manga with the historie?
Nodos Well, there's that. But actually it's because it's on break that month (along with Vinland Saga in case any of you wonders).
@ChaosSanc
It's probably because they are hard to translate well, not to mention the time it takes to make them in the first place.
it seems like ALL the good manga take forever to come out
lol is the Mangaka trying to be slower than Berserk?
13 pages .....after waiting a month thats just frustrating this should be weekly not monthly this is just torture waiting for more
why a manga this good must become this slow?
This is a truly good manga. I loved reading every chapter. ^^
@takehisa: Hox is releasing new chapters as new raws become available.
e uhhhh where is the 4 onward????
yay, thx hox

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics