Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 200votes)

Historie

Alt Names: alt ćƒ’ć‚¹ćƒˆćƒŖć‚Øalt Historiēalt ŲŖŲ§Ų±ŪŒŲ®
Author: Iwaaki Hitoshi
Artist: Iwaaki Hitoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Historie follows the life of Eumenes, a boy with strategic talent who grows up to serve as a secretary and general under Alexander the Great. Historie includes characters such as Aristotle and King Philip II of Macedon and begins around 343 BC, which was a time of Macedonian expansion.

Won the 14th Japan Media Arts Award Grand Prize in the Manga division.
Won the 16th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.
Go to Historie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic nvm New Window Blue Advance
  • 0 Replies

229 Comments

That's it, waited for this chapter to see he's together with his wife. Good manga, but not great. This isn't going to end well. Dropping this early so I don't have to suffer :(

Yeah, I agree. Eumenes' personal history is a pretty tragic one.

Hox has released a new version of vol 7 which is the tankoban version it covers chapters 60-70 also Hephaestion 5 and 6 are combined with part 4 as well as Siege of the Two Cities 2 is combined with part 1.

That's it, waited for this chapter to see he's together with his wife. Good manga, but not great. This isn't going to end well. Dropping this early so I don't have to suffer :(

I think Alexander is quite overrated as a general. He fought against a bunch of small tribes and a crumbling Persian empire ruled by an incompetent king. Let's not forget how he killed most of his loyal retainers that helped him to victory and even saved his life many times (i.e. Cleitus the Black, Parmenion) and marched his troops to India where tens of thousands died for no purpose. 

I would have loved to see Eumenes versus Alexander. Eumenes will probably lose the first battle and win the second one. 

I can sort of understand why the author is taking so long. I think he might be having problems developing the story. The story of king Phillips and Alexander are not happy ones.

Spoiler

Tough luck for the author to end all this in a positive tone. It's not impossible but it is a little tricky. It is still worth reading. One bit of advice when reading this manga is not to read on the micro level of what good or bad events occur to a specific character, (it's probably bad) but what they were all able to achieve together.

(I find it a little odd to give a spoiler tag on a manga based on history)
Apparently the author is taking his sweet time while making this masterpiece.

Spoiler

I wonder if the author really will draw a reunion chapter between Balsin and the creepy fish museum curator. At the rate this manga is going, maybe the author literally meant that they would meet in a few decades.

End of Rant... who am I to complain? This is a really good manga and the author should take as much time as he needs.
that kiss at the end looked like it was just randomly thrown in there
damn such a masterpiece
@meosnelsity They usually fix all that up in the volume releases.
@irrelevance I totally didn't want to know that T_T
According to Wikipedia, Eurydice (born Cleopatra Eurydice) is niece of Attalus, and one of Phillip III's seven wives. She was killed by Olympias after Phillip's death.
Hey, I am reading the completed work, right?
well, It almost like I'm reading hiatus x hiatus.... not historie
Looks like the author half assed it with the artwork.
Who they fuck is Eurydike and why does this look like the mangaka didn't finish in time?
Anyone else find the art a bit crappy this chapter?
@RS456 that would be the girls name.
Noooo... no wait... PLEASE!!! Have mercy!!! ^ ^

.... Thank you for bringing us this great chapter Hox!
Who is the Eurydice mentioned in the last chapter?
13 pages...
Hands down the best historical manga ever. If it just didnĀ“t take so long for the author to make a chapter it would be beyond masterpiece, the wait is killing me.
Wait... that's it?
Ahhh... both Historie and Vinland Saga end in a cliff hanger.
Thanks for your work Hox.
apologies, I got to correct myself :

Scythia

As a prelude to his planned campaign in Greece, Philip went on campaign in the winter of 339 BC, against the Scythians living south of the Danube, near the river's mouth (in Dobruja).He defeated them in battle, taking many captive, and built a statue of Heracles to commemorate his victory.He then marched through the territory of the Triballi in a demonstration of force, which probably lay upstream along the course of the Danube. During a skirmish, he was severely wounded in the leg when a spear passed through it and killed the horse he was riding. Recovering from this wound may have delayed Philip's campaign in Greece, since he did not set off until the autumn of 339 BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Macedon#Perinthos_and_Byzantion_.28340.E2.80.93339_BC.29
Alright! Time for Eumenes to show what he's capable of! I'm so excited. But is it just me or did some of the artwork felt incomplete?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics