Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 36votes)

Chrono Monochrome

Alt Names: alt クロノ・モノクローム
Author: Isomi Jingetsu
Artist: Isomi Jingetsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inubuse Kuromu aspired to be King in Chess, he was so skilled he represented Japan in the World Youth Chess Championship at age 11. However, due to his loss to a mysterious, wolf-like player, he developed a condition where he can't sit in front of anyone?! Because of this condition, he stopped playing Chess and chose to solely focus on his studies until his fingers break. Three years since his loss, while desperately still holding onto his title as 'King' through internet Chess, he meets an incredibly strong opponent. This game…starts his tale to become King.
Go to Chrono Monochrome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

73 Comments

instant follow... still not read it yet tot..... hope this manga will be awesome.....

What a cliché shitfest with fujopanderring.

Gonna follow if Leo is a girl.

Feel like it is going to turn out that he is the Turk machine.

My opinions exactly

is a monthly serie?

well either he's          level (NGNL reference, read/watch it, now) or the guy playing black seriously sucks

Possibly black pieces are just invisible.

My lack of caring for these characters is somewhat surprising.

Spoiler

His butt is going to hurt

Yup

Spoiler

WTF !!!

only 2 knights can kill all that pieces ? That's absurd.

well either he's          level (NGNL reference, read/watch it, now) or the guy playing black seriously sucks

Spoiler

WTF !!!

It's possible i've done it before but then again that was in person and i'm good at misdirection I could never pull it off online.

KarchAmadeo
Jun 21 2014 11:53 PM

Love chess, not a fan of computer chess. There are two different manners of playing. Misdirection, and logical. Protagonist is the latter.... Still I'll follow. Not many chess manga with good art style and plot.

Spoiler

WTF !!!

It's because he is a PRO(tagonist)

Spoiler

WTF !!!

Plays chess on computer, gets taken somewhere else... "No game No Life"?

It's also a bit like Hikaru no Go, but yeah, I guess I do partially agree ^^

Plays chess on computer, gets taken somewhere else... "No game No Life"?

hmmm i do like chess, so why not? follow.------------------ BLACK: Pawn F2 to F3

Looking forward to more chess matches. Not bad for the first chapter!

Spoiler

Also, from the games he played on the computer.. he is white (yeah no, he's asian, get it)? It's pretty damn impossible to play chess without losing any pieces (especially if you only move the horses/knights).

I hope the story develops properly in the next chapters and that the author shows he has some understanding of what is possible in chess and what isn't.

Looking forward to more chess matches. Not bad for the first chapter!

looks like it gonna be like NGNL chess version.

Sorry, I discovered a missing page, so had to reupload.

Alright then. I have no idea what just happened.

Chess manga, pretty rare.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics