Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 154votes)

Kakegurui

Alt Names: alt Compulsive Gambleralt 狂赌之渊alt 賭ケグルイalt Gamble Maniacalt 카케구루이alt Kumarbaz
Author: Kawamoto Homura
Artist: Naomura Tooru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hyakkaou Private Academy. An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you’re the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it’s not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It’s reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling? At Hyakkaou Private Academy, the winners live like kings, and the losers are put through the wringer. But when Yumeko Jabami enrolls, she’s gonna teach these kids what a high roller really looks like!

(Source: Yen Press)
Go to Kakegurui Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 180 Replies
Topic Kakegurui Anime adaption announced! New Window Gala Lion
  • 3 Replies
Topic Indian poker and possible translation confusion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

175 Comments

Seems interesting to say the least reminds me of this other series in which rich kids battled not gamble fish but the school had similar uniforms and used girls for their battles not gambling

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/shitsurakuen-r3293

same artist.

Seems interesting to say the least reminds me of this other series in which rich kids battled not gamble fish but the school had similar uniforms and used girls for their battles not gambling

from the artist of shitsurakuen... gonna read first then follow :P

Does anyone know if the manga will follow solely the girl, or follow the girl from the perspective of the boy?

It's only got three chapters out so far, but it seems it'll be following her from the perspective of the boy. The series got color for Chapter 3, so it seems to be well-received by Japan. I've been reading it raw, and it is pretty good although it hasn't really progressed past repeating that she's awesome at gambling and everyone else sucks compared to her yet.

there's something extremely hot about a mean/evil looking girl who looks down on everyone. it also helps that she has some massive plots. and the setting, it's like gambling fish but with a female lead tho the 'mushroom' person is still present.

*sigh* Another gambling manga. =.= Only this time, it's a girl. =/

I might wet my undies at this rate.

Now I'm sure. Womens are truly scary.

i loved her face here:

Spoiler

insta fallow :D

Does anyone know if the manga will follow solely the girl, or follow the girl from the perspective of the boy?

Interesting, the base is very reminding of Gamble Fish but the main character here seems much more insane with her methods.

And the art is very good, i will be following this one.

seems like some of u hate it by saying she merely won by luck.

well, she did say she hate the game if it is 100% win or 100% lose. so if she know how to get the scissor card, that would means its a 100% win, and she hate that. what she wants is the thrill of betting everything she had for her next card to have scissor. basically she wants to rase the chance of winning as much as possible, but not untill 100%(realistically, 100% is impossible since your deduction could also be wrong against a pro)

Hm. Its more silly than interesting. If "luck" was enough to keep her going, whats the point? Even if her opponent cheated, it was never a no-win scenario. She could have won even without figuring out or blowing the lid on the whole scheme by sheer "luck", which she did.

Yeah, agreed. It's hard for me to say I can agree with having luck be a part of the solution in the kind of story that would focus this heavily on the game and her method for figuring it out. The lack of any sort of sign as to what the classmates were doing, and the same for her use of a mirror to figure out their means of communication made her revealing her method carry less impact overall, even though that could have made up for the whole bit about her being lucky.

Well, in any case, I feel like it might have potential so I'll keep following it for a while.

At first I thought this would have been similar to Gamble Fish.. I'm glad it isn't.

It is not a common game. It is a gamble. She could have lost but the point is not that she won or not with luck. For the rest, try to deepen the whole psychology in this manga plz

Ignoring/overriding the probability of winning in the face of poor odds isn't special, its merely audacious.

"The game was rigged!? Oh~noooo~! I should give myself a nervous breakdown in the middle of the game now! Boo hooo~"

Is that the psychological response you expect from the average person?

Spoiler

Let the mindfuck begin.

I'm willing to donate.

you can donate in our blog page under "donation" sectionhttp://kobatochandaisuki.wordpress.com/donation/

Hm. Its more silly than interesting. If "luck" was enough to keep her going, whats the point? Even if her opponent cheated, it was never a no-win scenario. She could have won even without figuring out or blowing the lid on the whole scheme by sheer "luck", which she did.

It is not a common game. It is a gamble. She could have lost but the point is not that she won or not with luck. For the rest, try to deepen the whole psychology in this manga plz

I-i think I'm in love...

I forgot to put on the release but we already ran out of raw since we don't have the raw of the magazine Gangan Joker...I asked groups that seemed to have raws(since they published releases from the magazine and not the tankoubon raw) but they either (lied)said to not have it or not answer to my message. It is shameful and I'm sorry to say you, readers that we are trying to collect money(from donation) to buy those raws. Please help us if you can! It's not only for us but for everybody! Thank you :)

I'm willing to donate.

I forgot to put on the release but we already ran out of raw since we don't have the raw of the magazine Gangan Joker...I asked groups that seemed to have raws(since they published releases from the magazine and not the tankoubon raw) but they either (lied)said to not have it or not answer to my message. It is shameful and I'm sorry to say you, readers that we are trying to collect money(from donation) to buy those raws. Please help us if you can! It's not only for us but for everybody! Thank you :)

Seemed pretty interesting

It's Nice~

It's a very enjoyable read. Good luck with scanlating it, KobatoChanDaiSukiScan! =D

It's from Monthly Gangan Joker and I'm sure some recognized the actual artist ;)

coming soon (by KobatoChanDaiSukiScan)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics