Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 113votes)

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi

Alt Names: alt おこぼれ姫と円卓の騎士alt 遗落的公主与圆桌骑士alt Okoborehime to Entaku no Kishialt The Leftover Princess and the Knight of the Round Tablealt The Leftover Princess and the Round-Table Knight
Author: Ishida Rinne
Artist: Akatsuki Kaori
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Leticia's father, the current king, is very wise and knew that both of his sons have their own supporters and that if either one became king the other brother’s supporters would rebel, and the country would have a civil war. So he decided to announce that he will retire while he’s still alive and make his daughter, the princess, his successor! However, the princess never expected to be Queen and she really doesn’t have any political allies. So she decides to gather a group of knights loyal to her and form her own “round table” before the day of her coronation. The problem is, all of the good knights who are strong and skillful and loyal have already been snatched up by her father and brothers for their own personal guards.

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel Series New Window mizuouji
  • 9 Replies
Topic Okobre Latest chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies
Topic Okoborehime is BACK!!! New Window mizuouji
  • 3 Replies

237 Comments

Well, the setting has some interesting details, and I like the princess' personality.

Does anybody get why young Duke is refusing her?  Doesn't make much sense to me.  

Spoiler

For the aristocrats, family is above all. Yes, even the country.

Well, the setting has some interesting details, and I like the princess' personality.

Does anybody get why young Duke is refusing her?  Doesn't make much sense to me.  

Spoiler

It's also because he is loyal to his own family which supports one of the princes and thus opposes the other

Spoiler

Oh... this is just really good. 

And they keep coming, thank you AQUA scans!

CANT STOP WONT STOP

And they keep coming, thank you AQUA scans!

Releasing a new chapter because we can and happy mother's day to all mommys! :D

Basically, while both the first and second prince have a lot of supporters among the nobility, Leticia doesn't but she seems to have the support of the commoners. Since she was named as the heir, neither side can make a move against her because they are afraid the other side would take Leticia's side. Since Leticia has the support of the commoners AND is the legitimate heir, the side that openly moves against her will be seen as traitors and probably get squashed. The only way to depose Leticia openly would be if both sides worked together (but they can't since they can't trust the other side not to side with Leticia and then manipulate her since she doesn't have support with the nobility).

However, they can try to get rid of her with stuff like poison since Leticia can't take a side either without causing a rebellion. And if she dies, the two factions could openly fight each other again.

Spoiler

Actually, I don't think it's implausible at all.  If they were capable of teaming up the king wouldn't have this problem.  

If they've been lined up against each other for some time, then their supporters would consider the other son's supporters "the enemy".  But neither side considers her "the enemy".  So, many of both sons' supporters could consider her the lesser evil; many "compromise candidates" that nobody really supports enthusiastically have made it into office through that kind of logic, whether in modern politics or cardinals selecting a pope.

It's not a perfect solution, certainly a case of "uneasy lies the head", but it's far from unrealistic given the available options.  The ideal solution would probably be for the king to decide which son he backs, frame the other one for treason and off with his head, but that's pretty cold . . . 

It wouldn't be in the shoujo genre either if that happened, would it?

Actually, I don't think it's implausible at all.  If they were capable of teaming up the king wouldn't have this problem.  

If they've been lined up against each other for some time, then their supporters would consider the other son's supporters "the enemy".  But neither side considers her "the enemy".  So, many of both sons' supporters could consider her the lesser evil; many "compromise candidates" that nobody really supports enthusiastically have made it into office through that kind of logic, whether in modern politics or cardinals selecting a pope.

It's not a perfect solution, certainly a case of "uneasy lies the head", but it's far from unrealistic given the available options.  The ideal solution would probably be for the king to decide which son he backs, frame the other one for treason and off with his head, but that's pretty cold . . . 

I think it's more of they aren't allowed to team up.

As mentioned in ch2, the previous queens' families are oppositions, so both side probably tell their prince "you must be the ruler over that other prince" so even if the brothers don't mind cooperating under the sister, the family won't stay quiet about it.

Furthermore, the king can't pick one prince over the other, because the families are so powerful that if the prince is banished under the king's order, they'd just start a revolt in attempt to overthrow the other one and reinstate their prince.

Basically the problem is that despite their position as princes/king, none of them have the say/reins over their factions.

Alternatively

Spoiler

hmm, ok its on my radar now, took a chance and may have ended up finding something intresting.

tho its only the first 2 chapters.

Kinda sorta

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lol can I just take a dramatic moment to thank @mizuouji for somehow miraculously getting me to work on this amazing manga. We are totally fated to fangirl into oblivion lol!

Dang I really like the art style. This kind of not overly shoujo or shounen art style really appeals to me. Leticia looks stunningly beautiful too. I'm interested in the whole "Timeless King's Space" concept too. It seems like it grants her a pretty big advantage, since future Kings show up as well. At least she knows her kingdom won't fall in her era. Though I liked how that Gunshot King said he never heard about her poison resistance in his era. That means not all of the facts are recorded in the history books haha.

The premise is quite illogical though. One son has half the supporters. The other son has the other half. So the king gives the title to the daughter. But wouldn't that make both brothers team up in order to take her out?

so she basically

Spoiler

Kinda sorta

Spoiler

so she basically

Spoiler

Spoiler

so she basically

Spoiler

The premise is quite illogical though. One son has half the supporters. The other son has the other half. So the king gives the title to the daughter. But wouldn't that make both brothers team up in order to take her out?

Not really, this was a pretty common issue during European/Japanese feudalism. It was basically a medieval equivalent of the Cold War. Why fight directly when you can manipulate someone else into attacking your enemy for you and deny all responsibility? And if that pawn gets destroyed? Oh well, no biggie.

How can you refuse her?

Spoiler

He's a tsundere, obviously '  'a

So the no is actually "I'm just clarifying that I'm not joining this for your sake ok?"

Fixed chapter 1 for some mistakes; and uploading chapter 2 now~

The tag says shoujo but I'm not getting any shoujo vibes from it. The only thing that shoujo about this to me is the art work (with looks great by the way). Really good start and definitely following this.

Shoujo is really just a demographic, not a genre.

How can you refuse her?

Spoiler

Ah, but it makes for a better story ;)

How can you refuse her?

ieo1sti.png

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics