Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.41 - 71votes)

Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu

Alt Names: alt 黑伯爵所宠爱之星alt 黒伯爵は星を愛でるalt Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi wo Mederualt Kurohakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederualt Kurohakushaku wa Hoshi wo Mederualt The Black Count Loves the Star
Author: Oto Hisamu
Artist: Oto Hisamu
Genres: Fantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A Cinderella story with a twist!

Esther Mayfield is a normal sixteen year old girl in 19th Century London. Except, ever since she was a little girl, she could see 'ghosts'. She lives in a small part of town and sells flowers to earn a living. She thought that she would continue to live like this forever.

Until, one day, a handsome young Count appears in front of her. And he wants Esther to be his bride? Is he really the Prince Charming she has been waiting for?
Go to Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

72 Comments

Damn I want to read ir badly but i can't find it

invite-only site. I guess they want to protect against aggregator bots stealing

You know, a lot of stories would go better if the characters just talk to each other.

lol he never even said "fake" or "pretend" marriage, she's the one who added those words in... he was talkin for real from the start XD

at this rate they will have an actual wedding ceremony and legal marriage papers and she'll still say it's fake   :rolleyes:

this manga reminds me of the "part time bride" in Ookami-heika no Hanayome

Spoiler

Damn I want to read ir badly but i can't find it

The thing that kept thinking about during the flashback of his childhood is does he dye his hair? As a kid he is shown with black hair but as an adult with blonde and on that note then, could he still be the black haired prince of her dreams?...

Spoiler

The thing that I kept thinking about during the flashback of his childhood is does he dye his hair? As a kid he is shown with black hair but as an adult with blonde and on that note then, could he still be the black haired prince of her dreams?...

If he'd just tell her flat out that he loves her for real and wants to be married to her for real and not for show, he'd have her.  Twit.

No, she'd misunderstand it. Because... shoujo.

Cuz we know what's really important.  Ah, l'amour!  Makes the world go 'round, and all that.

If he'd just tell her flat out that he loves her for real and wants to be married to her for real and not for show, he'd have her.  Twit.

Yeah, he really doesn't tell her that he wants her as a real partner and not as a fake wife. Our Mc, as naive and unexperienced as she is, doesn't know how to interpret his advances. And how should she? This is how she knows him. This is how he treats women in general. At least from her perspective.

It makes him a an insensitive idiot for not realizing her distress, since he is the cause of it with the whole "You're just a fake wife - I only need your eyes." thing. (He is smart, but also arrogant. He really doesn't know her fears and grew up as the powerful and respected noble.)

And in the end it always boils down to a non existent communication between those two. They don't really talk to each other about what they want and such.

My guess - we will burn in shoujo frustration hell for a few more chapters (max. for a volume) until they are forced to scream their minds and hearts desires to each other surrounded by a very dramatic setting XD 

Spoiler

Cuz we know what's really important.  Ah, l'amour!  Makes the world go 'round, and all that.

Cause anyone who'd read enough manga knew that was coming.

I mean I know, I called it after the first chapter, I just thought that there'd be a little more discussion on it

Spoiler

Cause anyone who'd read enough manga knew that was coming.

1st, Noah is definitely the cool guy who flies under the radar XD, he pulls off that obedient attitude while completely ignoring the count's wishes beautifully well.

2nd I personally was thinking "You go girl" at the slap.

Spoiler
Still I am hoping to have our male lead struggle and squirm a bit more, because it's just too cute and maybe cuz I'm evil like that MUHAHAHA >=D

Happier now? :D

Not sure what to think about misunderstood kisses -.-

"most elegant dog breeds in the world".......   =_=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfzNEmqeIWo

Spoiler

Why? Why is always just an "almost kiss" in shoujos? Why do they tease me so?

It's often done as a cheap trick to build tension wiithout changing the status quo.

Bonus points if it isn't mentioned or referenced again or until much later.

Happier now? :D

The pain...

Spoiler
Spoiler

On another note, the latest cover from volume 3 look really pretty.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I just love it when shoujos do that.....The best sign that it will be turned into a longer series like Ookami-heika no Hanayome. I usually drop them if they stretch it out for too long (male lead wants female lead, but female lead is super oblivious, awkward and shy :| ). I just get too much frustrated with female lead and the lack of substance( meaning it's all super fluff, but nothing else or little plot development. It's like the setting is just the stage for the fluff and exists solely to give the illusion of a major plot)....... Maybe I'm just too harsh or it's just simply not my thing?

Obvious twist was obvious
I'm sorry, but there's no way that all of that hair could have fit under that wig.
Oh, I can sense the plot thickening...
Spoiler

The dog's breed is likely afghan hound. They are considered one of the most elegant dog breeds in the world.

John the dog actually reminds me a bit of the Indian Rajapalayam. It was a dog which used to belong to only royalty or very rich people in the old days.

It's cute and light, I like that the male protagonist seems to be direct about his intentions (I really like when they're the one chasing after the girl, haha). Thank you for the updates!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics