Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 158votes)

Mayonaka no X Giten

Alt Names: alt 半夜的X仪式alt 真夜中のX儀典alt Mayonaka no Cross Methodalt Midnight Cross Method
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Bareisho
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hiroki has a plump NEET Shut-in for an older sister, which leads him to always think "It's better to be a girl!"

While taking care of his plump lazy self-centered sister Yui, he has finally had enough of her behaviour, and snaps at her. Griping about his plump sister, Hiroki mutters "I wish we weren't related", and accesses a mysterious website address.

The website claims to allow you to enter the body of another person, as long as you are willing to make your own body available as well. Skeptical, Hiroki tries the service and winds up in the body of popular idol Mikuriya Mikuni.

While spending time as Mikuni, Hiroki is involved in finding out a secret about her he'd rather not. At the same time, when seeking to go back to his own body, the person occupying it tells him something outrageous has just happened!

What happened to Hiroki's body during the incident? And what is the idol Mikuni's big secret? Be witness to the suspense as these mysteries pile up!
Go to Mayonaka no X Giten Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cleans for chapter 3 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cleans For Chapter 1 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies

378 Comments

Thank god, another chapter, I almost forgot what happened during the long break. I really hope the class rep isn't the murderer, I would prefer a murderer that we've never seen, versus an obvious choice from the very beginning. All in all, still a damn good mystery, great plot. 

I doubt it's Kirishima who's in Mikuni's body. How would a guy know of a store with women's clothing that lets you try them on the streets and a karaoke place with fake camera's. How would a guy know a girl's ecstasy?

I swear, she resembles an erotic and mature Kurumi Tokisaki.

Kuroneko from Oreimo

I think it's not kirishima who wrote the note but someone else.

I swear, she resembles an erotic and mature Kurumi Tokisaki.

@Aereus Better to sort things out and reorganize first before continuing.

Damn, he's already got a lead on how to meet all of the cross body participants at once.

Yeah sorry, I got my sleep schedule all messed up this month, and been shuffling work around so I've been rather unproductive outside of real life necessities this month. I'll try to make it up to people this month =\

looks like even Mikuni can't handle Sachi.

Well, good luck with her love I suppose.

since I guess the v2's never happening, I'll just post my notes from chapter 4:
--The insert line on the cover is a pun. 水も滴る means "splendidly handsome." "Dripping with beauty" would convey the pun in English.
-- While the title is given as "Silence Regret," the kanji given mean "Silent Confession." This bears mentioning, since the latter actually makes sense.
-- p2, specifically, murdered for fun.
-- p3, more "people were talking about" than "an article"
-- p4, specifically famous for getting along well.
-- p5, specifically trusted the most
-- p7, "with my own two hands" is more natural in English.
-- p8, the opening line is mistranslated. Should be e.g. "And besides, you don’t know anything about switching souls… Nothing about Cross Acts, / nor about the Cross Abilities you can use after switching, right?
-- p8, second panel, first line is mistranslated. Should be e.g. "So let’s bundle all that stuff together and leave it to me."
-- p9, the thought that Hiroki has is mistranslated. He's saying "I knew that was coming..." (see: the image with all the bombs directly above it.)
-- Mikuni's next lines are mistranslated. It should be e.g. "And I figure I owe you. / And owing someone is kinda like being in their debt, right?"
-- Last line is, more literally, "You dummy. What are you saying?" which flows better into the next page.
-- p12, the majority of Mikuni's first line is missing. It should read, "Argh! You’re so slow! How long do you think I’ve been standing here?"
-- p13, マスター means "barkeep." There is also an obvious typo in the second bubble there.
-- p14, last bubble on the righthand side is mistranslated. It should say, "I mean, weren't you so upset over thinking you lost your v… [faint]virginity…?[/faint]"
-- p15, "pick your partner" is a poor word-choice, since (as we've witnessed) the exchange isn't always mutual.
-- Much of the typesetting is wrong on p15.
-- p16, third panel is mistranslated. Should be "[...] let’s try it out for real. Then I’ll explain."
-- p17, third panel, last line is mistranslated. It should be, "You joined BKR during its third season, and you’re Miku-Miku’s junior, right? I’m a fan!!"
-- p19, some subtext is missing from Mikuni's line at the end. Should be "So I can absolutely trust her not to harm my body in a…
/ certain sense of the word." followed by "I’m the only one who can go inside Sempai!" (the implication here being that she masturbates in Mikuni's body).
-- p21, second panel is mistranslated. It should be "One thing I’ve heard is that, apparently, / a Cross Ability’s power is supposed to be able to get something the body’s owner really wants."
-- One true desire should be "What you truly want" (there's no emphasis on it being the one-and-only)
-- p22, first line in the third panel is mistranslated. It should be "Your father has connections with the police or detectives or something, right?"
-- When the detective's talking about Sachi, he repeatedly uses the word "he." This is also emphasized. This may be important, both because it's oddly emphasized and because "Sachi" sounds to my ears like a female name (and, poking around the 'net, this is a commonly-held opinion). As such, you shouldn't have gone out of your way to avoid gender-specific pronouns during parts of it.
-- p24, second panel is missing a conjunction (i.e. "With that said")
-- p24, rather than resort to a translation note, it would be far more natural to just have her address him by name.
-- p27, at the end, should be "I can hear it..."
-- p28, "That you’ve swapped bodies makes you my companions, in a manner of speaking." and "I'll do whatever I can to help."
-- p30, Sachi sounds very stilted. He should be more playful.
(also, with the title page of chapter 5, more like those are the clothes you'd wear when trying to catch a guy's eye. It's not saying that those are the clothes she'd wear to a ballroom dinner, or something like that >_>)

Will make a version 2 very soon

Of course, no one saw that coming.

since I guess the v2's never happening, I'll just post my notes from chapter 4:

--The insert line on the cover is a pun. 水も滴る means "splendidly handsome." "Dripping with beauty" would convey the pun in English.
-- While the title is given as "Silence Regret," the kanji given mean "Silent Confession." This bears mentioning, since the latter actually makes sense.
-- p2, specifically, murdered for fun.
-- p3, more "people were talking about" than "an article"
-- p4, specifically famous for getting along well.
-- p5, specifically trusted the most
-- p7, "with my own two hands" is more natural in English.
-- p8, the opening line is mistranslated. Should be e.g. "And besides, you don’t know anything about switching souls… Nothing about Cross Acts, / nor about the Cross Abilities you can use after switching, right?
-- p8, second panel, first line is mistranslated. Should be e.g. "So let’s bundle all that stuff together and leave it to me."
-- p9, the thought that Hiroki has is mistranslated. He's saying "I knew that was coming..." (see: the image with all the bombs directly above it.)
-- Mikuni's next lines are mistranslated. It should be e.g. "And I figure I owe you. / And owing someone is kinda like being in their debt, right?"
-- Last line is, more literally, "You dummy. What are you saying?" which flows better into the next page.
-- p12, the majority of Mikuni's first line is missing. It should read, "Argh! You’re so slow! How long do you think I’ve been standing here?"
-- p13, マスター means "barkeep." There is also an obvious typo in the second bubble there.
-- p14, last bubble on the righthand side is mistranslated. It should say, "I mean, weren't you so upset over thinking you lost your v… [faint]virginity…?[/faint]"
-- p15, "pick your partner" is a poor word-choice, since (as we've witnessed) the exchange isn't always mutual.
-- Much of the typesetting is wrong on p15.
-- p16, third panel is mistranslated. Should be "[...] let’s try it out for real. Then I’ll explain."
-- p17, third panel, last line is mistranslated. It should be, "You joined BKR during its third season, and you’re Miku-Miku’s junior, right? I’m a fan!!"
-- p19, some subtext is missing from Mikuni's line at the end. Should be "So I can absolutely trust her not to harm my body in a…
/ certain sense of the word." followed by "I’m the only one who can go inside Sempai!" (the implication here being that she masturbates in Mikuni's body).
-- p21, second panel is mistranslated. It should be "One thing I’ve heard is that, apparently, / a Cross Ability’s power is supposed to be able to get something the body’s owner really wants."
-- One true desire should be "What you truly want" (there's no emphasis on it being the one-and-only)
-- p22, first line in the third panel is mistranslated. It should be "Your father has connections with the police or detectives or something, right?"
-- When the detective's talking about Sachi, he repeatedly uses the word "he." This is also emphasized. This may be important, both because it's oddly emphasized and because "Sachi" sounds to my ears like a female name (and, poking around the 'net, this is a commonly-held opinion). As such, you shouldn't have gone out of your way to avoid gender-specific pronouns during parts of it.
-- p24, second panel is missing a conjunction (i.e. "With that said")
-- p24, rather than resort to a translation note, it would be far more natural to just have her address him by name.
-- p27, at the end, should be "I can hear it..."
-- p28, "That you’ve swapped bodies makes you my companions, in a manner of speaking." and "I'll do whatever I can to help."
-- p30, Sachi sounds very stilted. He should be more playful.

(also, with the title page of chapter 5, more like those are the clothes you'd wear when trying to catch a guy's eye. It's not saying that those are the clothes she'd wear to a ballroom dinner, or something like that >_>)

Oh, great, great..... too many possibilities ... No one (reader) can be sure about his/her guess... Definitely a good mystery manga...

And... well... Mikuni is hot... more points!

Probably someone else is in his sister body, and "she" is who killed his entire family and framed the guy.

Calling it now

Took you long enough :P

thank dowolf here 

http://mangahelpers.com/t/dowolf/releases/40477

ddl https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByMxQP8DBMzrUXdCSUlqblVfeGs/view?usp=sharing

Well i am sorry i forgot to credit the first 4 pages were translated by  Aereus

Calling it now, the murderer is probably the class rep. She knew about his sister being a neet, she had very violent opinions about her and she clearly likes our protagonist.

That is what I think too, if the class rep has Yandere tendencies and got into his body, then she will probably kill the sister after she slip into MC bed with that kind of outfit.

Well forget

Calling it now, the murderer is probably the class rep. She knew about his sister being a neet, she had very violent opinions about her and she clearly likes our protagonist.

Do not ever negotiate with murderers.

The thing is, they don't know who's a murderer. And neither do you or anyone else, since in this world traditional investigation methods and proofs hold no meaning whatsoever.

To see real time progress of the 5th chapter visit here

http://stormlight-scans.weebly.com/mayonaka-no-x-giten.html

Well...I'll be honest since you requested comments, but firstly, we can't see what changes you made from the original (so we can't tell it's good or not), and secondly the note page itself that you made for c2 already had grammatical errors itself. I didn't read the entire chapter again to catch for mistakes, sorry.

Yeah I know but I got to lazy to edit it after uploading

That sister is plump alright.

Now imagine this manga's theme but made by the guys who made Death Note.

On Dropbox

Ch-2 

Well...I'll be honest since you requested comments, but firstly, we can't see what changes you made from the original (so we can't tell it's good or not), and secondly the note page itself that you made for c2 already had grammatical errors itself. I didn't read the entire chapter again to catch for mistakes, sorry.

On Dropbox

Ch-2 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics