Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.18 - 45votes)

Second Brain

Alt Names: alt セカンドブレイン
Author: Akira Takahashi
Artist: Akira Takahashi
Genres: Psychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ichihara is a boy living with supernatural powers and is treated differently by everyone except by his mother. He is trying to live a normal life but instead everyone wants to fight him and calls him a monster.

One day an android with supernatural powers, named number 5 kills Ichihara's mother when she tries to protect him. Ichihara seeking for revenge, how will the story unfold?
Go to Second Brain Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

57 Comments

OK, so I just realized that that the Takahashi Akira for Second Brain (高橋アキラ) is a different Takahashi Akira than the one for Kugutsu (高橋明), but the Takahashi Akira above links to both.

I don't really know Batoto's policies on differentiating between different authors with the same romanizations... (Do you just put the Japanese characters in parentheses or what?) So any help with this would be appreciated.

DAMMIT!!! why did they have to axe it...?! D:

Sure, however, there's no such thing as training for psychic powers. It's an ability where imagination and mental stability are far more important than discipline and perfection, something an adult would be quite lacking, due to his "conformity" with the world around him. Also, human espers are really rare, MC was the only successful human test subject, so no, government  can't mass product espers to fight Second Brains.

Are you kidding me? No such thing as training for psychic powers? That is essentially saying that the abilities they have now are the final level. Nothing more, nothing less. And knowing the normal shounen action manga, that's never the case.

And if we need "imagination and mental stability", then we should definitely look at kids who've just had their mother brutally murdered in front of them. They've got tons of that mental stability stuff.

Strength without discipline and perfection is no strength at all. To make a convenient analogy, it'd be like a tornado or hurricane, that wantonly hurts everyone nearby, regardless of who's side they're on.

And the government successfully produced him. That's all the proof we need to say that they can create more espers. While others haven't made it through the process, it's perfectly acceptable to keep throwing human test subjects at the lab until we have an army of pre-pubescent children espers, right?

Dude, face it. Having a little kid fight magic terminators and shit is something you'd only find in a shounen manga. Not saying it's not mildly entertaining, but c'mon, there's nothing realistic about this kid being as remotely useful as the author is portraying him to be. I suggest you stop trying to apply the laws of fiction to the real world. You may fancy the idea that us teenagers have some sort of innate ability to be incredibly different from the older "stupid" generation, but in reality, we're not nearly as cool as we think we are. 

Yes. Substitute Scans has commented about it in today's release:

"This manga has already ended. Think it’s at chapter 7 or 8. Bit of a pity :<"

http://substitutescans.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/second-brain-3/

I hate when this happens so much! This is like the third one I've recently followed to have this happen to it. Tbh why even let them start the manga if you're just going to force them to cut it short?

REALLY???

Yes. Substitute Scans has commented about it in today's release:

"This manga has already ended. Think it’s at chapter 7 or 8. Bit of a pity :<"

http://substitutescans.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/second-brain-3/

Second Brain will end in Jump Square of July. The 2nd volume (final volume) will be released on July 4.

REALLY???

Many of the greatest young military leaders became good soldiers with training. These kids (presumably) have had no formal training whatsoever. Sure, he gets into street fights, but are you trying to tell me that's worth anything in a fight with guns, ESP, and cyborgs? We are past that era now. Few countries rigorously train their youth in the art of warfare from a young age anymore. Heroes like Alexander the Great, Hannibal, and Nobunaga [continue].....

Spoiler

Sure, however, there's no such thing as training for psychic powers. It's an ability where imagination and mental stability are far more important than discipline and perfection, something an adult would be quite lacking, due to his "conformity" with the world around him. Also, human espers are really rare, MC was the only successful human test subject, so no, government  can't mass product espers to fight Second Brains.

Second Brain will end in Jump Square of July. The 2nd volume (final volume) will be released on July 4.

Spoiler

Many of the greatest young military leaders became good soldiers with training. These kids (presumably) have had no formal training whatsoever. Sure, he gets into street fights, but are you trying to tell me that's worth anything in a fight with guns, ESP, and cyborgs? We are past that era now. Few countries rigorously train their youth in the art of warfare from a young age anymore. Heroes like Alexander the Great, Hannibal, and Nobunaga [continue].....

Spoiler

I don't disagree, but I still think it's a bullshit plot development. Aside from the painful sense of cliche that I'm sure everyone is feeling right now, I also think that it's an unsatisfactory way to write this sort of plot line. The sort of background and scenarios we're getting from having a pubescent ninth-grader bent on vengeance fight the bane of humanity spells disaster for everyone hoping for a bearable plot. Luckily, it's not too far into the manga yet, so there's some hope for change yet.

Still, you'd think the government could afford more competent soldiers other than children. I mean, are we to believe that the only ones with "powers" or whatever are under the age of 20? Or that they would send a single girl to fight some unidentified cyborg thing? They assumed it was a comrade of Number 5, who wrecked a bunch of shit up, and then they're like 'Oh shit this is an issue. Little girl go fight it for us without any official help. You're a big girl now.' They seriously have some management problems.

I don't get why you people keep underestimating teenagers, many of the greatest military leaders in history were already great soldiers from an early age. Sometimes they were far more effective than your, so called, "trained" soldier. Well, just keep in mind that superpowers and fighting skills are two different things, talent matters much more than training in this case, also, both the second brains and "espers" have shown up recently, there's no way a grown up would have such powers, or rather, it would be pretty difficult to find one, since espers have only been found about recently, in their(manga) world. 

MC sounds like a broken record at this point...

Spoiler

I don't disagree, but I still think it's a bullshit plot development. Aside from the painful sense of cliche that I'm sure everyone is feeling right now, I also think that it's an unsatisfactory way to write this sort of plot line. The sort of background and scenarios we're getting from having a pubescent ninth-grader bent on vengeance fight the bane of humanity spells disaster for everyone hoping for a bearable plot. Luckily, it's not too far into the manga yet, so there's some hope for change yet.

[continue]....

Spoiler

meh another selffish MC that was rush into things

Apparently you probably have no idea the emotions he's going through from having seen his only living family member murdered in front of him. Honestly, I'd be hell bent on revenge like he is. That isn't being selfish, it just shows how much he cared about his mother and is willing to do something about since he has the power to do so.

meh another selffish MC that was rush into things

She died too fast ... i don't expect anything great from it .

the art for the manga kinda looks like aoi no exorcist!

It is a cliche story line but I'm willing to give it a chance and see if they can make it more interesting than the run of the mill revenge.

The story itself is very formulaic, it doesn't try to do anything new, but the art style and execution pull it through.

Stop making your main character say mean things to his/her loved one only to have said someone tragically dies!

But... but... then we wouldn't get to expand the "PartingWordsRegret" TVTropes page.

Wow It looks Ao no Exorcist!! One of the authors probably assisted for the other since they're in the same magazine. :D The story is similar too!

Agent 47 in the making pretty much. The agency is obviously not to be trusted, since they probably had a hand in the genetic experiments(including the self proclaimed mother/former scientist). But our protagonist is a mere child with mommy problems. He's gonna be dog-trained and be used as a pawn until he finds out he's the son of kool aid man.

this image is so much awesomer:

Spoiler

Let the road of revenge begin. Followed. Thanks for the release~

Stop making your main character say mean things to his/her loved one only to have said someone tragically dies!

The description...gave the spoiler right away....

but damn...I still had to shed tears when the mom died :<

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics