Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 64votes)

Otome Sensou

Alt Names: alt 乙女戦争 ディーヴチー・ヴァールカalt 乙女戰爭alt Dívčí válkaalt Maidens War - Divichi Valkaalt Otome Sensou – Divichi Valka
Author: Ohnishi Kouichi
Artist: Ohnishi Kouichi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The year is 1420. A small village in the Kingdom of Bohemia is wiped out by marauding Crusader knights. A young peasant girl named Sarka is the sole survivor of the massacre. She meets up with Jan Zizka, leader of the Hussite army, and chooses to take up arms...
Go to Otome Sensou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Scanlator's Notes New Window straweve
  • 17 Replies

100 Comments

Citing historical accuracy as the reason why child rape is appropriate as the tone-setting first scene of this story is absolute nonsense, all the more when the child in question simply shrugs it off later.

Spoiler

Another bloody medieval era series beside Wolfmund.

a few pointers to the translators:

a) it's probably "Vlasta" not "Vrasta"

B) Žižka's birth place is Trocnov, the "z Trocnova" means "from Trocnov," it's declension

c) if the German knight is from Strakonice using von it would probably be "von Strakonitz" otherwise he'd be "Jindřich ze Strakonic"

Thank you for the corrections. Sadly, I'm not going to update it to v2. I hope that some group who pick it up will take a note of them.

From the interwebs (so probably not a scholarly assessment, but it has links to legit sites, so take it as you will) - The average life expectancy of a nobleborn in the 1400's was 69 years. That's nobility, people - pampered as fuck, with a caloric intake much higher than the average and access to medical care that the lowborn peons didn't have. Not to mention transportation and the mobility - both physical and financial - to leave when things are getting hot.

Now imagine the life expectancy for a friggin' peasant on the front lines of war.

As previously stated, rape wasn't just an atrocity back then, it was a legitimate way of war. It was all about doing things so horrible that no one would want to be anywhere near you, forget standing in your way. Not saying that's a good thing, folks, just stating historical fact. Look up the Crusades, look up the Hundred Year's War, hell, look up Frederick Barbarossa*. That guy, by the way, was called the HOLY Roman Emperor. Terror was the name of the game because the more people you could scare the living bejeezus away from the war, the more of your own army you preserve. The effect keeps snowballing, because the bigger your army, the more of the enemy you can scare, and so on and so forth. Ergo, the worse the atrocities you inflict, the better your chances of winning.

Now, three guesses which social class got the brunt of these atrocities. Yep.

The fact that Sharka not only shrugged off her rape, but picked up a gun and decided to fight? You can go ahead and call that useless and cruel.

I call that inspiring.

*from The Cambridge Illustrated Atlas of Warfare, and Frederick Barbarossa and the Communes of Lombardy

Spoiler

still, got to give it to the kid for being a man

Spoiler

This is how war was at the time (and still is somewhere). Especially on a crusade against heretics indicted by the Pope, were knights and adventurers took part mainly for the pillage.

Yes, characters could've been done way better, but the violence&co. is simply the context of the historic setting.

In addition, Sharka's attitude is actually period-accurate. In the Middle Ages, a raped girl's best bet is to quickly find a man who would take her as-is. Anyway, peasants weren't sticklers for things like virginity, and by the standards of her times she's old enough to marry. 

Unlike us pussies raised in the fairly sedate modern world, by the age of 10 a person in the Middle Ages would more than likely have seen an average of three family deaths, mostly in miserable ways, at least one execution if the landlord was nice, four or five if not, at least three plagues, and experienced at the very minimum two years of starvation. It's the kind of life that made one tough, brutally realistic, and adaptable. Rape was the least of their worries. They would actually have just shrugged it off exactly like she did.

Kinda reminds me of Wolfsmund. Similar time period and subject matter. And pretty cruel to main characters too.

That gun at the start looked like the thing   the rebels used to break the gate.

It's a shame. I find it to be well drawn but poorly written. They tried to cram waay too much into a very small number of pages and ends up falling flat instead of being interesting.

I was expecting ponies and magical girls, just by reading the title...

Of course. Animes and mangas have more of those than.. this.

Not sure what to say about but at least it's something different from the usual comedy routine of ecchi.

The rape didn't fit into the girl's character though, from the way I see it. A small passing point rather than one to ruminate and curse on.

Aah well, as for the boy, he did raise death flags all over the chapter.

Goddamn this manga looks like its gonna be unforgiving.

What for?

The description clearly states in clear, 9 point common English - RAPED AND LEFT FOR DEAD.

What the hell were you expecting, KanColle?

I was expecting ponies and magical girls, just by reading the title...

It's that they serve no purpose whatsoever, and seem to have been added only due to the author's interests, or in some cheap attempt to appear edgy where the rest of the story failed.

[...]

Misery can be done well, with dignity, incorporated in a story that truly makes you care. In comparison, this manga just kind of shows you a dead kitten.

This is how war was at the time (and still is somewhere). Especially on a crusade against heretics indicted by the Pope, were knights and adventurers took part mainly for the pillage.

Yes, characters could've been done way better, but the violence&co. is simply the context of the historic setting.

Chapter 1 title...I THINK I HAVE BEEN THINKING TOO MUCH OF HENTAI...

I am comfortable reading about death and destruction, but this manga disgusts me. It's not the rape, and it's not the pedophilia. It's that they serve no purpose whatsoever, and seem to have been added only due to the author's interests, or in some cheap attempt to appear edgy where the rest of the story failed.

Spoiler

Misery can be done well, with dignity, incorporated in a story that truly makes you care. In comparison, this manga just kind of shows you a dead kitten.

Kinda reminds me of Wolfsmund. Similar time period and subject matter. And pretty cruel to main characters too.
I want more.

a few pointers to the translators:

a) it's probably "Vlasta" not "Vrasta"

B) Žižka's birth place is Trocnov, the "z Trocnova" means "from Trocnov," it's declension

c) if the German knight is from Strakonice using von it would probably be "von Strakonitz" otherwise he'd be "Jindřich ze Strakonic"

Just... wow

*sigh*

What for?

The description clearly states in clear, 9 point common English - RAPED AND LEFT FOR DEAD.

What the hell were you expecting, KanColle?

*sigh*

I got vinland saga vibe from this manga

• Exa likes this

JESUS. 0_o

But you know what? This stands out from all the harem and overlong-title crap we've been getting lately. Besides, if you've read Song of Ice and Fire, you should be able to handle this.

Followed.

Well, this is grim.

This story is too cruel :/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics