Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 129votes)

Girl Friends

Alt Names: alt ガールフレンズalt Girlfriends
Author: Morinaga Milk
Artist: Morinaga Milk
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: At first glance, Kumakura Mari might be considered to be a rather plain, ordinary-looking girl whose grades are at the top of her class. She has very few friends, is normally rather reserved, eats lunch by herself and spends her time reading.

One day, she is approached by the extremely fashionable and outgoing Oohashi Akiko who thinks that Mari is actually very cute and says that she wants them to be friends. Mari is at first very suspicious of her true intentions but eventually comes to realise that Akko not a bad person. After a hair cut, some make-up tips and a new wardrobe, Akko quickly brings out Mari's potential in being a fashionable, modern girl.

In no time and despite their different interests and personalities, Mari and Akko become quite close. Unbeknownst to Akko, though, Mari starts to develop feelings for her that are more than just friendly...

- Licensed in North America by Seven Seas
Go to Girl Friends Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

28 Comments

i really wish morinaga would make a sequel that continues on from the point that this one left off. this was such a great shoujo ai it kinda makes me sad when it says the end cause it such a good and realistic manga.
Definitely one of the better shoujo ai / yuri manga I've ever read. Probably some of the best pacing in a shoujo ai work ever, it always just keeps barely above moving too slowly, which is the biggest problem for most shoujo ai manga I've read. It somehow manages to keep things believable consistently throughout the story and it even has a little yuri(meaning more mature shoujo ai), which surprised me, because most romance manga tend not to really go anywhere with it. I highly recommend this.
This is one of the all-time best yuri manga. Sweetest love story you ever saw, and they're both so dashed cute! It's got some pretty good comedy, but some of the emotional moments are absolute tear-jerking classics.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics